Thread: Selling: hints tips and a walkthrough needed.

Xtreme Legend

Selling: hints tips and a walkthrough needed.

I have mined a few coins on a few pools and am getting to the point where I should think of selling a few and maybe fund another card.

so I open my bitcoin app look at my wallets (one listed, I have used 3) and see.... ZERO as a balance and 8connections 134778blocks and 0 transactions

I was under the impression that all coins would be listed there in each wallet that I have used.

What did I miss? how do I find/list the used wallets...do I need to transfer from pool to wallet?

A few hints or tips would be good ......

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Addict
    Payout depends on the pool you're on. Some pools have user defined thresholds at which the mined coins will go into your wallet (btcmine). Some pools however have just kind of 'pay me now' buttons which you need to click if you feel like doing so (btcgiuld, btc.lc).

A walkthrough on how to to change your coins into money? I would put them up for sale on one of the trading platforms, but how to safely get your money through wire transfer (no dwolla here in EU)...
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't want to come off as rude but I would advise you to read more on bitcoin official forum because there's a lot of things that can go wrong during the BTC-> USD transfer, especially if you use paypal (chargebacks from hell).

As for your question regarding your wallet: You need to use your address provided by your wallet and input it in the pool's payout option. If you're using deepbit, there is an option to auto-transfer the coins to your provided address after a given limit. If you're using btcmine, there's a PAYMENOW option. Note that you could also transfer the coins directly to tradehill/mtgox/b7/britcoin/bitmarket and exchange for money there (or you can use an escrow service or even the mirc OTC channel with the web-of-trust). However, you should be aware of the fees each exchange charge for trades and pulling out money. A cheaper alternative is to use Dwolla to pull out your money for only 25 cents per transaction.

Xtreme Cruncher
    But did you actually transferred your coins to your wallet's address? In case of bitcoins.lc (do you still use it?) it takes up to 15min for BTCs to appear in a wallet. Remember that wallet's address changes once in a while for security reasons but you have all addresses used previously listed in your "address book".
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    BeQuiet Straight Power 680W sleeved
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded
    TC PA120.3+XSPC RX240mm+XSPC RASA+DDC1T+OCLabs top+EK Multioption 150+ EK-FC580

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ggdh View Post
    But did you actually transferred your coins to your wallet's address? In case of bitcoins.lc (do you still use it?) it takes up to 15min for BTCs to appear in a wallet. Remember that wallet's address changes once in a while for security reasons but you have all addresses used previously listed in your "address book".

technically you have 100 addresses per wallet, btw.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Good info here. The complete process looks about like:
    -mine coins in a pool of your choice; these coins are held by the pool in your name until you decide to transfer them (unless you've got auto transfer set up)
    -decide it's time to to sell
    -find and use the payout button for your pool. Tips specific to different pools above. You will have put in your wallet address somewhere at your pool by now
    -wait ~1 hour for the coins to show up in your wallet on your PC
    -log onto your favorite exchange (Mt. Gox, TradeHill, britcoin, bitcoin7, etc)
    -use their deposit feature to tell them you want to put in bitcoins; they'll give you an address to send to.
    -copy/paste this address into your bitcoin client with the quantity to deposit and send
    -grumble about fees
    -wait ~1 hour for the coins to show up at the exchange
    -set up a sell order or use the instant sell feature on your exchange
    -transfer the cash out of the exchange. In the US this is often done via an account at another company nobody had ever heard of, dwolla.com. Check the withdraw options at your exchange relevant to your funds' destination.
    -Buy new hardware.

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Cruncher
    double post
    Last edited by don_xvi; 07-07-2011 at 07:01 AM.

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !