Thread: Opera 11.50

Opera 11.50

Main improvements:
    - speed dial extensions (rss feed reader, gmail checker, weather)
    - ability to also sync saved passwords between multiple computers with Opera Link
    - faster rendering engine
    - streamlined interface

Download : http://www.opera.com/

You may notice that there is a download counter, while not taking themselves too seriously, Opera's crew wants to surpass Lady Gaga's number of tweeter followers. They already managed to surpass the number of stormtroopers that can fit in the Death Star

If you haven't checked Opera in a long while, it might be worth checking this out.

Unfortunately it does not work too well with Intel Integrated graphics - at least on my Core 2 Duo at work (Mobile Intel($) 4 Series Express Chipset Family GPU, driver version 8.15.10.2302) for few hours of work I had problems with X graphics(closing tab button), only restart of Opera helped. Some time later I had no indication which page is active - it was not rendered like usually. I also noticed graphics corruption at the tab corner(top right corner with new indicator). At home on dated P4 and Win XP I had freezes with old version when watching online videos(I had few opened and buffering on various tabs, and sometimes whole Opera froze and it needed to be killed). I like Opera and I was using it since 7th version, but lately stability and quality testing is not that good I think
    Xeon E5 2697 V2, Asus P9X79 Deluxe, 4x 8 GB LoVo 1600Mhz 9-9-9 RAM, GTX 680

Always glad to see an Opera update. I'm on 11.50 now.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    Speed Dial extensions are very welcome

Crunch-Fu Adept
    Already been happy, got even happier.
    Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

Xtreme Member
    The good thing in last versions of Opera - compatibility and extensions.

Plus, as usually its performance is on top:

Browsers.jpg
    Windows 8.1
    Asus M4A87TD EVO + Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3900MHz + HD3850
    APUs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerou View Post
    Already been happy, got even happier.
    Exactly.

Now if only we could get a robust plugin for Opera to use ActiveX. I've never had success with the Neptune plugin.

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL14
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

Xtreme Mentor
    I scored 6442 with FF5. I have 5 windows with a total of 14 tabs open, spotify running and utorrent downloading with 2.4MB/s... oh and steam. I dont know if any of this affected the test so i just thought i should mention it.

Edit: Ran IE9 to compare on my system. Scored 6932 with everything else mentioned running... hmm
    Edit2: Ok had to try with opera too:
    Edit3: Ah, still have chrome installed, added chrome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eXa; 06-29-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Xtreme Addict
    I'm trying it right now. But couldn't find that speed they mention?!Am I missing something?
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Xtreme Member
    Sooo, that is it: FF is slowest on planet...
    Windows 8.1
    APUs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Opera is the best for browsing, atleast for me. But for getting flash video content, i'm still using Mozilla FF. Is there any plugin for flash video content download in Opera ?? Thx.

Xtreme Member
    Sure, there are many available. including extensions for opera, look there...
    Windows 8.1
    APUs

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by spursindonesia View Post
    Is there any plugin for flash video content download in Opera ?? Thx.
    For youtube i'd recommend the following two:

first off the reskin to make it look better: https://addons.opera.com/addons/exte....7/?display=en
    second, the downloader, adds a simple download button right below the video: https://addons.opera.com/addons/exte....1/?display=en

for other sites, as was already mentioned, there are plenty.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SEA View Post
    Sure, there are many available. including extensions for opera, look there...
    Quote Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
    For youtube i'd recommend the following two:

first off the reskin to make it look better: https://addons.opera.com/addons/exte....7/?display=en
    second, the downloader, adds a simple download button right below the video: https://addons.opera.com/addons/exte....1/?display=en

for other sites, as was already mentioned, there are plenty.
    Thx mates, i'll look up to it. Appreciated the info.

Xtreme Mentor
    i has bad experience with opera sync

it corrupt my bookmarks all pc / laptop with that sync
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

PatRaceTin, when it was first launched Opera Sync had some issues. Now, I think it works without any problems.
    I used it to sync between at least 2 computers, at home and at work and it worked great.
    If this happens again, you can reload the automatic backups stored in your computer before the sync, they are saved as speeddial.ini.pre_sync, bookmarks.adr.pre_sync and so on.
    The safest way is to create once in a while a backup of the Opera's Application Data folder where all the passwords, bookmarks and history are stored. This is one of the most important backups I need to do, as half of my life digital life is in there

Some tips for the opera fans out there:
    Bringing back the address droplist arrow: type opera:config in the address field, and in the search field of the config page type dropdown, there check the following option : Show Dropdown Button In Addressfield and press Save.

Smaller "O" menu button: Right click on the Menu button select Customize -> Appearance, here go to Style and select "Images Only"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatRaceTin View Post
    i has bad experience with opera sync

it corrupt my bookmarks all pc / laptop with that sync
    That crappy Sync destroyed all my bookmarks that was harvested > 10 years, its simply can't handle nested folders in their bookmarks and moved out "ALL" links that stored inside those deep nested folders all together to root folder.

Definitely NOT RECOMMENDED.

Xtreme Addict
    After some tweaking it works really good. Opera Sync works good for me and it's stunning in loading videos compared to IE9 64bit (that is the only drawback I find). It is really improved compared to the last opera I tried...err do not remember the version
    Last edited by SubZero.it; 06-30-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Quote Originally Posted by Karak View Post
    Unfortunately it does not work too well with Intel Integrated graphics - at least on my Core 2 Duo at work (Mobile Intel($) 4 Series Express Chipset Family GPU, driver version 8.15.10.2302) for few hours of work I had problems with X graphics(closing tab button), only restart of Opera helped. Some time later I had no indication which page is active - it was not rendered like usually. I also noticed graphics corruption at the tab corner(top right corner with new indicator). At home on dated P4 and Win XP I had freezes with old version when watching online videos(I had few opened and buffering on various tabs, and sometimes whole Opera froze and it needed to be killed). I like Opera and I was using it since 7th version, but lately stability and quality testing is not that good I think
    It happened again today. Check attached screenshot - active tab is rendered incorrectly. Does anyone have similar issues?

Opera_graphics_bug.jpg
    Xeon E5 2697 V2, Asus P9X79 Deluxe, 4x 8 GB LoVo 1600Mhz 9-9-9 RAM, GTX 680

Xtreme Member
    Never saw this. I would say it is particularly stable after version 10.
    Used it with several AMD+ATI (integrated and discrete)and , I7+Nvidia discrete...
    You might need clean just install and opera sync to transfer data...
    Windows 8.1
    APUs