Thread: Corsair RAM RMA - Receive same modules back?

Corsair RAM RMA - Receive same modules back?

I have a 2x1GB kit of Dominator 1800C7 v3.1 (D9GTR). The one stick broke and my RMA was approved. I'd like to know if the replacement module/s I will receive from RMA will be the same revision as the ones I send in (v3.x) as I have to send both sticks in because they came in a kit and if it's not going to be replaced with a v3.x kit then I'd rather just keep the working stick.

Thanks.

Edit
    Title should say "Receive same revision back"
    Last edited by Silverlight; 06-29-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Taking into account that there is almost no stock of that particular chip available, the chances of you getting the same revision is next to nil.

I'm hoping that they MIGHT have those still in stock (for returns like these).

Corsair Rep
    There is no way of knowing until you receive them.
    Yes, Yellowbeard, a tall rough man with a big yellow beard

Xtreme Member
    I sent back the same exact set of RAM months ago. Good luck getting that set back in any way, shape or form. What I got, after talking to them of course, was a set of el-cheapo' CMP4GX3M2C1600C7 [$89 at the time of the RMA].
    The agent was very optimistic, even telling me I'm lucky to be getting an "upgrade", because he took into account that my set was just a total of 2GB and they sent me a 4GB set; meanwhile the price of my original set was about 4 times the price of the junk I was sent. Whatever happened to "equal quality and value" clause in the warranty statement? Sure is a set of quality, it is Corsair, but damn, they missed the value part by a mile!

Ol' Faithful - Retired...

- Foxconn BlackOps - E8600 @ 4.5GHz, 1.32v - 8GB Patriot Division2 @ 1600 8-8-8-20 - OCZ Apex 120GB SSD - XFX HD6870 1GB Black Edition - BFG Ageia Physx - ULTRA X3 ULT40064 1000w - Cosmos RC-1000 - Gateway XHD3000 30"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP SECRET:

- EVGA Classified3 - i7 950 @ 4.25Ghz on 1.30v - 24GB Kingston HyperX @ 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz - XFX HD6970 v1.0 2GB @ 950/1450 - Diamond HD6970 v1.0 2GB @ 950/1450 - XFX 9800GT - SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium Champion
    - 510 120GB SSD - CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w - Stacker 830 [Custom painted in Classified theme] - 3x 23" LG E2381VR SuperLED @ 5760x1080 - Yamaha RX-V371 Receiver - Martin Logan MTL-1 5.1ch Surround Speakers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver Bullet

- ASUS M4E-Z - i7 3770k @ 5Ghz - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite - HD 7970 3GB - 2x Corsair Force3 120GB SSD [RAID0] - ULTRA X4 1000w PSU

I know this is an old thread however, I would like to share my experience with Corsair and their Warranty.

I bought a set of dominator memory modules and one of the modules of a dual set went bad. I returned them and found that they no longer had them in stock. They offered another set but it was not compatible with my other two modules that still worked. I then asked for a full refund for that pair that was RMA'd. They agreed to refund the purchase price less 10% per year as is stated in their new warranty which was written long after my purchase. I got a total run around from Jelaide Ocbina who kept trying to impose that new clause upon my warranty guarantee. I told her over and over through 14 e-mails that the warranty she was quoting from didn't apply to me because it was written after my purchase.

I finally got sick of this run around and decided that I would give her one last chance to honor my warranty and told her I would file suit against corsair if they refused to give a full refund. She said "I will escalate your case for another review and approval." The next day she responded "Thank you for your patience. You have been approved for refund with the total amount of $459.00. Please confirm back and we will process your refund."

It took 14 e-mails and a threat to sue in order to get them to honor their warranty.