Thread: Have WatercoolingUK been bought out by Aquatuning?

Technician

Have WatercoolingUK been bought out by Aquatuning?

Noticed today that the sites are the same. Don't know if this is common knowledge that I've missed or just a case of laziness (copy/paste/translate descriptions) and competitive pricing on the part of wcuk.

Was browsing through the rads section looking at the innovatek stuff for some reason and noticed that the description of the warranty being dependant on using Innovatek fluids says this...

Note on the Use of the coolant:
    Contrary to the opinion of Aquatuning that the customer in the coolant, the free choice, Innovatek takes the view that Innovatek products may only be used with Innovatek refrigerants. Innovatek studied claimed products in terms of the cooling agent and does not accept complaints from principle, for which another coolant was used.
    Customers using the products made by Innovatek in its cooling circuit and not cool with Innovatek Protect lose Basically its guarantee and warranty claims on their resurrected Innovatekartikel!

So curiosity took over and I went to the AT UK site. Prices are the same within a penny or two and the descriptions are all the same.

For example here and here. The only difference is that the watercoolingUK site has been run through google translate.

Now arent wcuk something to do with Thermochill as well? May be jumping the gun and it could just be plaigarism on the part of wcuk. Anyway, at the risk of sounding an idiot I thought I'd post up .

Xtreme Guru
    As many LC speciality shops/sites have many products in inventory and often shortage of hands on doing everything by themselves, i see no wonder when product descriptions might have been copied 1:1 (most often description is taken from product vendor/manufacturer description pages though).

BTW, i suggest to pass on these aluminium rads irrelevant of warranty existance. "aluminium only on outside" + silver in materials .. still, hard to trust for it to be not corrosive reading about forced coolant type (probably with anti-corrosive additives).
    Silver plated insides while possible but probably too expensive to do properly for as big rad, so seeing it's price bare aluminium inside is very possible, thus - corrosion in mixed alu-copper loop.
    Last edited by Church; 06-24-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Technician
    God yeah I wasn't considering the rads, just random browsing .

Another possibility occurred to me - AT may distribute for Innovatek and that may be the warranty terms passed on to retailers.

I do love a good bit of speculation!

Xtreme Addict
    I don't think they have, but I've not spoken to Rob in ages... and it's all went downhill recently... poorer prices... lots of poorer quality products being stocked...
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

aye im same with Bex (remember me), i left WCUK and went straight to Chilled PC, products are so much better

Xtreme Member
    None of which are ever in stock......