Thread: Phoenix Rising GUI Miner... looks awesome if I could only get it to work

Back from the Dead

Phoenix Rising GUI Miner... looks awesome if I could only get it to work

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=10264.0

Please try if you can get this GUI for Phoenix to work on your setup - then tell me how you did it
    It has a lot of advanced functions like backup pools and client restarts when idle (guiminer sometimes hangs when there is server trouble and doesn't start unless I manually stop and re-start)
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

I am Xtreme
    Just drop it into your Phoenix folder and you're good. Doesn't show stats for me, though, which sucks.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Back from the Dead
    I did that, it just doesn't start mining (GPU load stays 0). All it says is it's idling in the OSD (where it would normally display hash rate etc, if you have no OSD it's not working correctly for you either)

Edit: Here's the folder structure, correct?

folder.jpg
    Last edited by jcool; 06-19-2011 at 06:41 AM.
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

I am Xtreme
    Yep, that's it.
    Using Phoenix 1.50, PR 1.62.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PR.jpg 
Views:	2385 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	116412

What I -really- don't like is not being able to see the stats in real time. Not sure how accurate BTCGuild is, but if it's correct then my cards are underperforming using the same settings as for GUIminer.
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Legend
    I can't even get phoenix to run

D/L'd the "windows binary" and when I try to run from command line the window shuts in less than a second.... so the error when starting P.rising is likely related.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

I am Xtreme
    Stay away from this. It totally f@#$ed up the fan controls of my second card. Can only control it using PR, and CCC's been rendered useless. Rebooting doesn't help. Argh...

Edit: fixed this by setting CCC fan speed on auto, launching and closing PR. Now it seems to work again.
    Last edited by zalbard; 06-19-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    Donate to XS forums

Back from the Dead
    Fan speed... I don't have fan speed
    Anyway, it still won't load my GPU. Dunno what I am doing wrong... just effed up app I guess.

I am Xtreme
    Why don't you try the stable version instead of a beta build?
    Donate to XS forums

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Yep, that's it.
    Using Phoenix 1.50, PR 1.62.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PR.jpg 
Views:	2385 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	116412

What I -really- don't like is not being able to see the stats in real time. Not sure how accurate BTCGuild is, but if it's correct then my cards are underperforming using the same settings as for GUIminer.
    BTCGuild's machine stats are frequently a bit lower than what I'm actually outputting if I sit and watch the boxes. I think they only calculate hashrate by returned values?

Back from the Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Why don't you try the stable version instead of a beta build?
    I did of course... same. Doesn't work. Seeing as someone just dumped 500k coins (!) on Mt.Gox using a hacked account and causing BTC to fall to 0.01$, this might not matter anyway
    Unless they do at least a partial rollback... we'll see.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by jcool View Post
    BTC to fall to 0.01$
    Buy buy buy! LOL.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Cruncher
    i use the Phoenix Rising GUI and it works great, Displays my stats and restarts the miners.

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

Xtreme Legend
    I will be putting some more effort into getting this working right this weekend....I lost one of my internet connections today and really need the restart abilities of this

No engineer till Monday so everything is running on the 6meg line just now

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've tried the command line verson of phoenix a few times and it seems at best to be just a hair under the performance of GUIMiner. Are you guys getting noteworthy gains from it?

Work/Game System - ~24/7 WCG
    ASUS P8P67 PRO / i7 2600k @ 4.1Ghz / Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 / 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9

HTPC -~24/7 WCG
    Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 / i7 2600k @ 4.0Ghz / Sapphire Radeon HD5830 / 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Essentials @ 1333Mhz 9-9-9

XS WCG Team Forum - http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Xtreme Legend
    I'm running it inside guiminer just now ... it added around 10 or so Mhash for me on 5870

Xtreme Legend
    For goodness sake, what am I doing wrong?

I D/L's Phoenix and unzipped into a folder called Phoenix. in this state there is a folder that is still separate containing poclbm and phatk folders.

I D/L AOCLBF 1.74 (previously called phoenix rising) and put it in alongside phoenix.

I have to move poclbm and phatk in too to get it to open ???

I start the program, I fill out all the boxes, I press the run button..... and.....

I find it running in task manager but on screen I get nothing in bottom right and both start and stop buttons are greyed out

I stop it from the task bar. It is still running in task manager.

I'm sure this is something simple but what?????

Trialling this on vista 64.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I kind of wish I had dug deeper into the subject a few weeks ago. Phoenix is very much better at crunching, as long as you switch the kernel to phatk. I saw a pretty healthy increase in all of my cards once I changed that, and then throw in that tweak p2501 posted and I nearly got an extra 5830 out of my current setup just from changing my run params.

Work/Game System - ~24/7 WCG
    ASUS P8P67 PRO / i7 2600k @ 4.1Ghz / Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 / 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9

HTPC -~24/7 WCG
    Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 / i7 2600k @ 4.0Ghz / Sapphire Radeon HD5830 / 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Essentials @ 1333Mhz 9-9-9

XS WCG Team Forum - http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Xtreme Legend
    I gave this another go at the weekend

I got phoenix from here... http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=6458.0

I got the phatk upgrade from here... http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=25860.0

I got the AOCLBF (was phoenix rising) from here... http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=10264.0

I got catalyst 11.7b

I put AOCLBF in with Phoenix and adjusted until I had a folder like this:

On running the .exe I filled in the boxes and ran and found that the displayed info was in the top left of the screen ....It can be dragged and dropped wherever you want it

Hope this helps those who, like me, struggled to run this

I did all this in order to get the restart capability and some 48 hours since deploying this to all rigs I have yet to have a single instance of "connecting" hang that I was getting with guiminer