Thread: Project: Dipp - 21 June | The rear

Project [Mac G5]:Dipp | Problems need help | 28 june | 27 june

Hello!
    I have been sitting on this side for nearly 2 years, and been regristrerad in four months and now i feel that i have to start the project :hip:
    It is the first time I write a project log and my first time making a real attempt to modify a case and start writing in English on the Internet.
    (My English is so bad that I use Google translate to spell and form mud me as right as possible)
    But you and some other sites have compelled that I must try when there are so very many beautiful and wonderful buildings.
    The construction that has made that I've chosen to make my project and made my goals are:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008...uo-by-cyprio/1

So now I take the collar and presents my building:
    The name came to me from what I felt I want to achieve with my project, and it was these words:
    Design
    Innovative
    Staff
    Passion

and now to the case and my ideas.
    The case, which I will modify a Powermacs that I got hold of 4 months ago, but the project has been the plan led to almost a year.
    What I had in mind and make the chassis was to change it so that I can get a water cooling system for an ATX system.
    It can be seen on skis further down that I want to fit a 2x120 and 3x120 radiator, then I would also be able to press two 80mm fans in the rear of the chassis.
    I have come quite so long in my head how I should have most of it and how it should look like, but I still have an incredible number of ideas that are smoldering and that I would like to test.

My skises:

And my first try to rendering it:

So here I have now presented the building and this is what I have so far managed to today:

And right befor i did leave the case i did dismount it:

This is all from me right now but will come more later,
    //Stark.JR
    Last edited by Stark.Jr; 06-28-2011 at 10:47 AM.

The REAR side | 21 june

Hi all

Now I have begun to get started with the integration of my back on the rear of the Case.
    I have also done so I can remove the CPU cooling without having to remove the motherboard.

I have recessed screws so I will be able to glue them first and then draw a layer of putty over so it becomes smooth and fine.

Then I also started to make a filling which has no metal and it seems to be pretty okay.

And some of the motherbord hanging in the air:

Once it is clear to the back ready to be glued and screwed together, and then they get sick a lot of nice work: D

This is all from me right now but i hope i have one more update this week

//Stark.JR

Looking awesome !
    MacPro 1.1: 2x L3520 - 7GB Ram - 128GB SSD + 8TB HDD - HD7850

Quote Originally Posted by C4PPY View Post
    Looking awesome !
    thank you i hope you will enjo the work im going for

The back is put together | 27 june

Hey all :P

Today I had a little time after work so I have started epoxy glue the back cover.
    It was not quite as easy as I had thought it would be but time, some of it was good or not, the fact it takes 12 hours for the glue to dry.
    This is the glue I use and it must be sick so strong hope that and the screws are able to keep everything together.

Also received a small boost of the good weather that I would shoot out, so took my stuff that I had sanded down and went out in the sun and began to shoot:

Unfortunately, I do not really photographer I thought I was :oops: but you can see what it is anyway haha

Here are pictures of the glue before mixing:
    [IMG] http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9962/dsc0313b.jpg [/IMG]

Here are some pictures of when I put on the adhesive and the heated 200 degrees when it gets particularly strong when:

And last but not least, I have just found out where my hard drives to be, and I will just run the 2.5 drives (SSD) in this project when I have such a small place and has begun planning for a computer that will become the server

This was all from me right now but maybe one more update this week will see how much it is at work

/ / Stark.Jr

Can someone explain how to do so you can view his project log that such a thing there for? like down there as it tends to be what one has for systems and their projects as they are doing and have done?
    Would be incredibly grateful for that

//Stark.Jr

Getting into problems, asking for help :) | 28 june

hello all again today

Here's a quick little update on how things have gone for me with epoxy glue and sanding.

How did it look like now after it had stood for 24 hours of drying time:

I can say that this epoxy glue is so sick tight that there is , because I tried which is to share it when I realized that I had failed to put your stuff that holds the video cards, sound cards and the like :wallbash: . But it did not really get away I tried with that which existed even with chemicals, but it did not come off so I had to drill more holes in the chassis and replacing the graphics card holder.

How it looked after I got your graphics card slot and avoid of any excess glue that was left:

On this picture you can see even my little problem I have but do it later.

I can also say that I am incredibly pleased with myself how awesome I have managed to fit into coherent with each other, the thought that the little extra Bitten I sawed out and put in would be completely skewed to those sides who is already in line with the chassis :dremel:

Here you can see even better how coherent fits in line with each other:

And now for my major, or perhaps a small problem I have:

One sees it not so well but the problem is that I have sanded a little too much on the edge so you can see my graphics card holder and what I wonder is what putty is to be used anyway?
    Is there anyone knowledgeable in this area that could explain why I should use such a filler?

In the end I really can think of to keep there and would sit down would be fiber filler, but I can type anything so I ask you for help

/ / Stark.JR

Well!
    project is now DEAD!
    I'm pretty clumsy of me as I know, and today I would go to work and I would have with me my chassis when I had your time off in 2hours after lunch so thought of taking your there and drill into all the little ways that would make again.
    I put it behind my car last night since I run in and eat and total forgetting that the chassis is out there and behind the car.
    I wake up and sit in the car to go and hear only that I cans of something.
    What I backed off on every my chassis, I have thus total wreck it by backing it with my trailer hitch.

But yesterday was good in all cases were filled in the order of all edges so they were straight and neat and everything else:

And last but not least, today's work:

So now this project is finished and probably my strength to be mod again, was so damn angry and tired of everything now that this happened.

// Stark.JR over and out
    Sorry for my bad english
    Project Dipp | Mac G5 Modd

Well all

Now the project has come to life again
    Today as I lay in bed sulking that my project was broken and I had no set, so I decided to try and revive the broken frame.
    Unfortunately it was impossible to cook for a piece of the frame had apparently broken
    So I thought I do not care about it and wind up the project, but then like a bolt from the blue struck down in the head why not make the inner part of the acrylic I've actually pretty much pieces of various sizes.
    So I set out to start measuring and cutting, and here are pictures how everything has gone for me

This is when I saw the plexiet:

Now I have sawn clear and should start making them round the edges of acrylic:

Here is the first piece of acrylic bent to the shape it should take (Back Page):

Now I have bent two pieces together and check how the fit is:

Without the framework for:

I will put acrylic rods on 1x1cm around everything that I should be able to get it stronger and to the sides will sit down with the other aluminum frame
    I hope that I will make a nice frame of acrylic that will fit into the second part then everything must be filled and painted Otherwise it will be ugly stretch where I should splice them together and screw heads will be visible

This was all from me right now but more updates will likely tomorrow

/ / Stark.Jr
    Sorry for my bad english
    Project Dipp | Mac G5 Modd

Xtreme Member
    i am happy u revived it after the mishap that happened with it. Hope it all go's well from here on in. Good luck with it all.