Thread: Best GPU stability program?

I am Xtreme

Best GPU stability program?

If you guys wanted to test a card (not so much an OC on a card..) what would be your program of choice? I know a lot of people recommend Furmark, but isn't that a little dated? Heaven is another suggestion I've heard.

So basically, say a buddy of yours or a family member hits you up "hey man I think my video card is dying", how would you test it without spending a ton of time on it?

Xtreme Member
    3DMark, Heaven, Folding@home.

Heaven you can leave running an endless loop and it will definitely stress your GPU.
    Intel i5 3570k || Sapphire HD 7870 OC CrossFireX || Asrock Z77 Extreme4 || 8GB DDR3 G.SKILL || Seasonic X750
    Intel Core2Duo E8400 || PowerColor HD 5450 || Gigabyte P35-DS3L || 4GB DDR2 G.SKILL || Enermax 431W

Xtreme Cruncher
    ATI Tool probably the best... I only found out my Overclock was unstable with it.
    It actually does error detection so it takes the guess work out of trying to see if your card is stable.

To be frank Today's graphics cards have error correction which means the only way you can tell if your overclock is good is to pay attention to the FPS.
    If you get worse performance with your overclock than stock then you need more voltage. Though ATI Tool showed errors even with the error correction.

^^^^
    Click me

Xtreme Addict
    I use heaven, 3dmark 11, 3dmark vantage, OCCT w/error checking, and BFBC2.

You must use a combo of apps & games to determine stability.

ATI Tool was good for error checking, however OCCT w/error checking surpasses it.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Enthusiast
    one night of furmark, one night of unigine heave, and one week of folding@home, would guarantee stability. Whenever I get a new card, I do these stress tests before the time of DSR runs out for refund.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Just tried OCCT 3.1 with GPU stress testing looks good!
    Much better than ATI tool I suggested earlier.

^^^^
    Click me