Thread: Sandy bridge B2 and graphical corruption

Xtreme Addict

Sandy bridge B2 and graphical corruption

I've had my B3 replacement board sitting around for a few months now. I'm just too lazy to throw it in until I need to.

In the past two days, however, I've been getting graphical corruption in any games I try to play; from GRID to BC2. Also, flash videos will occasionally cause the video driver to stop responding and reboot.

Is it possible that this is the first noticeable sign of the board dying? I'd assumed that the southbridge wouldn't be directly related to the PCI-E, but I'm no engineer.

I'll probably just replace the board this weekend regardless, but I thought I could just get some feedback anyways.

Visitor
    If you're lucky it could be an OS/driver corruption, power or connection problem...according to my personal experience however, it always turned out that the graphic card was dying.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    If you're lucky it could be an OS/driver corruption, power or connection problem...according to my personal experience however, it always turned out that the graphic card was dying.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinkin. Figured I'd ask anyways though, just in case.