Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: New site is harder to read/less clear and the contrast hurts my eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Is it possible to make the thread title larger than who the thread was started by?
    Yes it is. Another forum I'm a member of did the vBulletin upgrade, then they changed things around. Here is what their topic list looks like:

newvbulletin.JPG

Larger topic title than the thread starter, thread starter info is only who did it, and not the date, time, and all that other clutter.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Is it possible to make the thread title larger than who the thread was started by?
    Yes it IS !!!

Btw you can change the entire VB CSS files to your Like.

If you want to change the size of thread title just do this ....

go to Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Search Templates

1. Select your style from (Search in Style) and type in search box (Additional.css) then click find
    2. Double click on Additional.css (it's empty file or not)

go to end of file and add those lines

Code:
    .threadbit .title {font-size:11pt;}
    .sticky a.title {font-size: 11pt;}

change 11 to any font size you like and test how it looks !
    Last edited by Dagalidis; 06-29-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    E8400 4400(Q814A015 Wafer **91)@1.296 Vcore
    Q6600 (L733B458)@4054 1.5 Vcore
    ASUS P5Q Unmoded - 2X2 GB Corsair Dominator 8500
    Blaster AUDIGY 2
    Sound Blaster Megaworks Speakers 2.1 250D THX / 300 WRMS
    ATI 4850 512MB @750/1150 Stock cooling
    LG W2600HP-BF 26" Wide TFT Monitor (S-IPS)
    System Cooled by ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme
    System Powered By OCZ 600W

Limits do NOT exist

Xtreme Guru
    I don't mind it. I'm just not a fan of VB4. I think browsing through a VB3 forum is much more natural. I miss the user cp button on every VB4 forum I visit!
    I guess I just need to get use to the new browsing style.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagalidis View Post
    Yes it IS !!!

Btw you can change the entire VB CSS files to your Like.

If you want to change the size of thread title just do this ....

go to Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Search Templates

1. Select your style from (Search in Style) and type in search box (Additional.css) then click find
    2. Double click on Additional.css (it's empty file or not)

go to end of file and add those lines

Code:
    .threadbit .title {font-size:11pt;}
    .sticky a.title {font-size: 11pt;}

change 11 to any font size you like and test how it looks !
    Thanks - I'll pass this on to FUGGER and see if he wants to make any changes.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Aussie God
    Reviving this thread.

Think it has become much better, not hard on the eye anymore.... Minor details that is a bit random at the moment.... Honestly who gives a damn about "thanks" system.
    Since I am sure a few admins will read this; Please restore news section, it blows having another windows open with incognito browsing.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Gamer
    Is it just me or has the forum become less active since the update? Maybe its just the holiday season
    I agree the thank feature is not necessary, reminds me of the 'like' button on facebook.
    Intel i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz 24/7
    Asus Rampage 3 Extreme
    Asus Radeon HD 6990
    Corsair Dominator GT 6GB
    Corsair AX1200, 600T
    Intel X25-M 160GB
    Dell U3011 30" Monitor

Aussie God
    One more thing; Auto-Save, isnt that a waste of ressources? I mean, doesnt it stress the server an aweful lot with the amount activity? Honestly I think everyone here types pretty darn fast, and dont really care about the feature...

One feature that is starting to annoy me quite a bit is that.... hmmm.... in Danish we call this "horeunger", which means dividing a word between two lines, when writing posts it does not just move the entire word to next line.... pretty annoying....
    This post for example;
    p
    retty
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

of the Strawhat crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Reviving this thread.
    Since I am sure a few admins will read this; Please restore news section, it blows having another windows open with incognito browsing.
    You're probably just banned from that section. No issues on my end unless it has been fixed already.

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflex1 View Post
    Is it just me or has the forum become less active since the update? Maybe its just the holiday season
    I agree the thank feature is not necessary, reminds me of the 'like' button on facebook.
    No it's not just you. Considering the vocal bashing the swap took from some, I'd suspect that there are far more that couldn't be bothered to post their displeasure with the way the forum looks and either limit how long they spend here or stopped coming all together. There is still a lot that needs to be fixed to make the site comfortable again but I see absolutely nothing getting done...probably too busy playing with LN2 or off-roading.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You're probably just banned from that section. No issues on my end unless it has been fixed already.
    You are right, and it is silly, since I as everyone else can still see it.... If banning sections, that are not classified, it would make more sense to make read only and remove write permissions..

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    No it's not just you. Considering the vocal bashing the swap took from some, I'd suspect that there are far more that couldn't be bothered to post their displeasure with the way the forum looks and either limit how long they spend here or stopped coming all together. There is still a lot that needs to be fixed to make the site comfortable again but I see absolutely nothing getting done...probably too busy playing with LN2 or off-roading.
    Dude.... Give FUGGER a break, should he quit rest of his life because of some luxery issues at XS? And no; I am confident that other stuff is occupying the bloke these days.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Dude.... Give FUGGER a break, should he quit rest of his life because of some luxery issues at XS? And no; I am confident that other stuff is occupying the bloke these days.
    Luxury issues?...the stuff I'm talking about are not add-ons like the "thanks" add-on (which could have waited) but rather base install issues like text and index colors, simple things in the css that would take like 1hr (15 min if you really know what your doing) tops to tweak everything.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

My only real complaint is the text size of thread title vs thread starter and the excess clutter there. I suppose the perfectly 100% black text would be better than the slightly off-black text but it isn't a huge deal (though I would think that would take only a couple min to change).

*edit* I just realized another thing that probably is a problem, that no one has put a finger on yet but I'm sure has been one source of reading discomfort. No idea how hard it is to fix either. Take a look at the spacing between the thread title and thread starter. It isn't even on every thread! The thread starter info is all over the place vertically. That is probably a big contributor to the cluttered look since it isn't even.

unevenspacing.PNG

So the list of things that needs fixed, IMO:

1) Topic title font size vs Topic starter font size - title needs to be bigger than the starter, not the other way around like they are now. Just switch the two and that would be perfect.
    2) Topic starter information is too much - just list who it was who started it, like it was before the update. And as I posted earlier, this can be done as another forum I'm a member of did that.
    3) Topic title and topic starter line spacing! It is all wackjawed as you can see in the screenshot I took above.

Also the all black text vs the off-black-dark-gray we have now would be nice, but lower priority than the topic issues listed above.
    Last edited by Sparky; 07-19-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345