Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New site is harder to read/less clear and the contrast hurts my eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by IFMU View Post
    please keep in mind that we just finished the update of vB. so any possible skin updates will take a little time. by my understanding Fugger is looking at having the skin altered. i can't say for sure, but i believe there will be at least 1 or 2 skin choices.
    just ask to give him a bit of time to get it worked out and any new bugs that staff has to get accustomed to.
    Please bring the old skin back! I have a hard time being on the forum for more then 2 minutes because of this change. I understand the you updating and and everyone does too. Having an option (a button on the top) to switch back to the classic mode would be my dream.

I love this forum a lot and visit it at least two times a day. I don't understand why the new look is necessary. We are reading a text hear and not paying Crysis! lol

of the Strawhat crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    I've taken to only reading the archive view as my eyes start to ache quite quickly with the high contrasts
    Yeah, that's understandable. Personally, I'm not having this issue myself. I guess the difference between everyone's monitor and settings can have dramatic effects on what were see (along with personal preferences).

Also, I can see the names just fine. Not to insult anyone but curiously have you all tried to calibrate your monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by smpsys View Post
    Please bring the old skin back! I have a hard time being on the forum for more then 2 minutes because of this change. I understand the you updating and and everyone does too. Having an option (a button on the top) to switch back to the classic mode would be my dream.

I love this forum a lot and visit it at least two times a day. I don't understand why the new look is necessary. We are reading a text hear and not paying Crysis! lol
    I have a feeling that it isn't nearly that easy to do as you request.

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by masterg View Post
    I find some of the colors hard to see and read.

Gomeler's post, i cant even read his name.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post4881697
    I can read it fine - stop using a crappy TN monitor that can't display colors right.
    JK His name isn't the easiest thing to read, but it isn't terrible either on my MVA/PVA panel (I forget which it is, Viewsonic VX2025wm).

Quote Originally Posted by smpsys View Post

The newest version of vBulletin does not support the same skin format as the old version did. It is like how you can't put the XP luna skin on Windows 7, it just doesn't work
    Last edited by Sparky; 06-16-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Evil Kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    The New Posts screen makes my eyes bleed
    Indeed! The thread titles need to be larger and the thread starter details smaller. The New Posts screen is pretty rough.

Edit:
    Scratch that...the font size is wonky on all pages. Why the thread details are in a larger font than the title is hard to get used to.
    Other than that I like the new functionality.
    Last edited by mdzcpa; 06-16-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

Xtreme Addict
    17" office pc. I agree. It hurts the eyes.

Is it possible to have skin themes?

I am Xtreme
    Guys, please give FUGGER a chance to finish tweaking this one. There's a lot of crap he has to poke through in the background (in his spare time) to sort things out and this update is only about a week old. It will eventually start to feel like home again but, there's a lot of construction that needs to take place before that happens.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Guys, please give FUGGER a chance to finish tweaking this one. There's a lot of crap he has to poke through in the background (in his spare time) to sort things out and this update is only about a week old. It will eventually start to feel like home again but, there's a lot of construction that needs to take place before that happens.
    Thank you for the very giving words, would you mind giving a speach about the children in Africa while you are at it?
    I think the use in this thread will be about equal.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Evil Kitty
    We all know Charles is doing his best to tweak the site. And we all know it does take time. This thread is a good place for folks to voice their concerns so he can see what the members would like to see worked into the final product. No one here is being disrespectful that I can see. There's no reason to come onto the thread and squash people voicing their opinions. It's healthy and needed. Not all concerns will be addressed, or can be, but it's a source of feedback....as long as no one gets rude.
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    Not to insult anyone but curiously have you all tried to calibrate your monitor?
    Most of my browsing is done from work, my monitor is branded CMW. Have you even heard of them? Don't expect miracles from it, the only adjustments are contrast and brightness - NOTHING else. It doesn't even have an auto setting
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I see we will need this very soon on this forum

Threads are ok and don't need tweaking, but root could use some darkening.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    We all know Charles is doing his best to tweak the site. And we all know it does take time. This thread is a good place for folks to voice their concerns so he can see what the members would like to see worked into the final product. No one here is being disrespectful that I can see. There's no reason to come onto the thread and squash people voicing their opinions. It's healthy and needed. Not all concerns will be addressed, or can be, but it's a source of feedback....as long as no one gets rude.
    Well said
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

I am Xtreme
    throw my name into the hat for those that HATE the new design and LOVED the old one.
    the new design is hard to read, feels like it is just a mess even though it is organized properly. when you see it it just optically feels messy.

load up a few skins,,, they are just skins, let us use what we want.

im still coming here but i feel like my eyes are being raped
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    Well, I was aiming my comments at the 6 or so (now 7 in just this topic alone) ppl that are crying for new skins. We also have the original topic made by FUGGER in which, IIRC, even more ppl ask for skins and have stated things that need to be tweaked (myself included). I just think FUGGER should worry about getting the base set up right first, before adding junk that may not be needed after all the fine tuning is done.

...and for those of you asking for new skins, the colors really aren't that far off from where they were, there just happens to be a lot of white that hasn't disappeared yet that is making it so bright looking...and yes, it hurts my eyes too
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Mentor

Look, this is what a white mess looks like. GIVE ME MY EYES BACK!!!11!one

Now seriously, the removal of white everywhere should be the number 1 thing to do to fix the mess. Also, is this the same grey/blue we had before the update? Doesn't feel like it.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

The thread layout isn't problematic, but the thread listings are. They're very cluttered, making it hard to pick out new rows. Simply making the second line smaller would solve this. As it stands now, the "Started by <username>‎, <timestamp>" line is actually LARGER than the thread titles which is a bit absurd.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    The thread layout isn't problematic, but the thread listings are. They're very cluttered, making it hard to pick out new rows. Simply making the second line smaller would solve this. As it stands now, the "Started by <username>‎, <timestamp>" line is actually LARGER than the thread titles which is a bit absurd.
    Yeah this has been mentioned several times. I have a hard time glancing through the thread listings and deciphering what is what.
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Now seriously, the removal of white everywhere should be the number 1 thing to do to fix the mess. Also, is this the same grey/blue we had before the update? Doesn't feel like it.

Agreed.

The gray part the posts are in is not quite the same color but it's not far off either, the old color was "DCDCDC" and the new seems to be "CCCCCC". . .as for the rest, I don't remember the exact colors. I will also say that the text isn't exactly black either, it's a really dark gray or "dim" black. I've taken to specifying black as the text color for my posts otherwise, they end up looking like
    this.(< standard color)
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Member
    Same stuff you guys are saying affects me.

The older site was much cleaner and easier to work with.

Where is the front page with all the articles etc. anyway ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    Like many people I am none to fond of change, any change. People get used to things and feel comfortable with familiarity.

Fugger is doing his best for this site.

If you don't like the look, don't whine, do something about it.

Here is one option:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...lor-that-site/

I am sure there are others.

Edit:
    I have noticed one flaw though, my post count is not incrementing. Not that I care that much, I just thought I would bring it to attention.
    Last edited by s1nykuL; 06-18-2011 at 05:08 AM. Reason: addition
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Xtreme Addict
    It's actually starting to grow on me.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    It's actually starting to grow on me.
    Which part of you would that be?

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    New posts is very difficult to view, and the colour scheme is far more tiring for my eyes, especially on my big monitor at home... Just throwing my 2 cents in.
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

I don't know why the text doesn't look black to a lot of people, other than perhaps the new post background's color's slightly darker shade (16 shades) decreasing the contrast with text (unchanged shade) and people mistaking that for lighter text. Text is shown as #000000 (pure black).
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    I don't know why the text doesn't look black to a lot of people, other than perhaps the new post background's color's slightly darker shade (16 shades) decreasing the contrast with text (unchanged shade) and people mistaking that for lighter text. Text is shown as #000000 (pure black).
    Probably because it isn't black
    The css that colors the text in posts is as follows;

.postrow {
    color: #333333;
    font: 13px Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif;
    }
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

I am Xtreme
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast