Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New site is harder to read/less clear and the contrast hurts my eyes...

Xtreme Addict
    For the most part it's ok, but my eyes really hurt after a while of reading... Not sure entirely what it is... but also some of the link colours are near impossible to read depending where they are. I know where they are by memory so it's not too bad on my work monitor and home monitor (which are vibrant anyway) this just seems to hurt... Will need to dig out my old screen filters... could just be my dyslexia is playing up... or I'm working too hard and my brain is turning to mush...
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Aussie God
    I actually digg the design, looks cool.
    However; I agree, the colour mix is harder on the eyes....

Here is a little test for you guys;
    Use your laptop, adjust the light on the screen.... Try the old vs. the new, and see which start annoy your eyes first.... I think you'll end up with the same conclusion.

But more importantly; WHERE IS THE SAAYA quote!?, that new key is WRONG, we want the SAAYA WAY !
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Addict
    The new design is refreshing, however I do agree %100 that the color scheme, particularly the text, and background colors are not reader friendly. Tweak the text closer to black, and the the bg little closer to white and you would improve this drastically.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

um... it is black

Xtreme Member
    isn't bad,,, i'm feeling it flow smootly than before, but.. where is [User CP] where do the "subscribed threads" menu go!?

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    I actually don't mind the colors. Its not what makes the site hard to read in my opinion. My eyes do go cross-eyed every time I try and scan through the site looking for something interesting to read.

Example:

Seems like there is so much unneeded information in the red box. Clutter, if you will.

Started by: Ok, we get it. Just put the name of whomever started the thread. No need to have Started By over and over and over and over and over under each thread title.

Time and Date of when thread was started: More unimportant information that adds to the clutter. If its a topic that I want to read then I don't about the date/hour/minute/am/pm.

Getting rid of those may help with unneeded clutter making things easier on the eyes.

I must be getting old. lol.

I know that extraneous info can be removed as another site I'm a member of did the upgrade not too long ago, and they removed that stuff. They also changed font sizes so the thread starter name was smaller than the topic titles.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Heh, the banner ad on the top covers the "s" in systems. I thought I made a mistake and went to a different website!
    "Two pentium 4's would make a great miniature George Forman grill!"
    http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=58394

Banned
    Just another vote.

New layout sucks balls. Old one was just so damn functional and easy on eyes.
    This however is hard to read and has many functional problems.
    When i go to home page i am greeted with this window

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I must type /forums manually.
    There are huge blanks after posts, quick navigation sucks.Etc etc.Is there any way to change the skin to the old one ?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Give the man some time.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    I'm glad to see some work is going into it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister
    Do you really go on your computer...to look at computers?

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Hope for some new skins too... this style is really bad!
    PC : Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 + Intel Core i5 i2500k + 2 x Asus HD6870 DirectCU + 2x2GB PC12800 G.Skill Eco 7-8-7-24 + Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe + Scythe Mugen 3.
    Digicam : Pentax *istDL2 + Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL + Cosina F3.5/100mm Makro.
    Heimkino : Samsung LE-46B450 FullHD + Arion AF-4000HDCI + Onkyo TX-SR505E + Quadral Quintas 5.0 + Heco Victa 25A.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Maximus View Post
    I actually don't mind the colors. Its not what makes the site hard to read in my opinion. My eyes do go cross-eyed every time I try and scan through the site looking for something interesting to read.

Example:

Seems like there is so much unneeded information in the red box. Clutter, if you will.

Started by: Ok, we get it. Just put the name of whomever started the thread. No need to have Started By over and over and over and over and over under each thread title.

Time and Date of when thread was started: More unimportant information that adds to the clutter. If its a topic that I want to read then I don't about the date/hour/minute/am/pm.

Getting rid of those may help with unneeded clutter making things easier on the eyes.

I totaly agree these changes r a must, maybe smaller fonts for thread starter than topic

Something else to keep in mind for anyone who is impatient and wants everything done yesterday

Fugger has a job and a life too, this isn't the only thing he does all day
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    I have to say, I definitely preferred the old forums. Just my opinion.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Fugger,

like the layout. no worries with your changes. Glad to see the community here is prospering.

dave
    Heat: 50 - 0 - 0 under "Argus333"

Xtreme Member

Add +1 to terrible

I actually feel like going elsewhere. I may not post a whole lot but with this new layout it's much less appealing to visit. Hopefully it goes back to something similar to what it was. I honestly think this is the worst looking forum that I'm a member of at this point.
    If anyone is interested in fitness and/or nutrition hit me up if you'd like advice getting your girlish figure back I'm nearing 10 years of experience, how time flies.

Xtreme Addict
    Gotta agree, the old layout and color scheme was far more readable. It's a bit of a chore now to read on the site. Too much whitespace and wasted real estate.

I'm sure the admins are working on it and their efforts are appreciated but as it stands right now this hasn't been a change for the better.

of the Strawhat crew.
    Some of you guys are waaaay too critical. Sure, you can have an opinion but the forums aren't THAT much different than they were. Also, I believe FUGGER is the only one working on the site and as another poster said somewhere "he has a life and a job" to deal with as well.

Telling him about little glitches and changes isn't a bad thing at all but when you're like "MAN THIS SUCKS SO HARD IMMA LEAVE CUZ IT'S DIFFERENT" it's a bit ridiculous. The content of this fine forum is why we're here. The knowledge and the community are what make up the XS forums and not the looks.

This post isn't pointed at anyone although it could seem that way due to coincidence.

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks like it was designed on an Apple!
    Last edited by chinaguy; 06-16-2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: cant spell
    24/7 PC CoolerMaster CM690 + 7 fans(its HOT as HELL in Shanghai) Intel Xeon E3 1230 3.3-3.7Ghz, 2x8GB DDR3 1600 G-Skill, HD GT630 2GB, Scandisk Pro 256SSD 2x2TB Green, 2x 3TB WD Green Data Drives. HTPC Q8400, EP45 UD3L 4x1GB Gskill6400, 1xWD Black 640GB,2x2TB WD Green, 2xWD 1TB Blue(RAID1), Sapphire 4530 512MB,

Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.

Mitch Ratcliffe, U.S. technology journalist and blogger

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Maximus View Post

Example:

I agree with everythng he said.
    | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | i7 2600K w/ Noctua NH-D14 | ASUS ENGTX580 DirectCU II |
    | 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 | Corsair F60 60GB - Raid 0 | WD2001FASS | Silverstone FT-02 w/ Corsair 1200w PSU|

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    Some of you guys are waaaay too critical. Sure, you can have an opinion but the forums aren't THAT much different than they were. Also, I believe FUGGER is the only one working on the site and as another poster said somewhere "he has a life and a job" to deal with as well.

Telling him about little glitches and changes isn't a bad thing at all but when you're like "MAN THIS SUCKS SO HARD IMMA LEAVE CUZ IT'S DIFFERENT" it's a bit ridiculous. The content of this fine forum is why we're here. The knowledge and the community are what make up the XS forums and not the looks.

This post isn't pointed at anyone although it could seem that way due to coincidence.
    I've taken to only reading the archive view as my eyes start to ache quite quickly with the high contrasts
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Cruncher
    Came here first time in a while and I was pretty shocked to see the update which happened right before I decided to visit. I liked the old one a lot, I am a huge fan of high contrast, no curvy corners, but I can live with this.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    rabble rabble rabble

I find some of the colors hard to see and read.

Gomeler's post, i cant even read his name.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post4881697
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast