Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the site is back!

I hate what vbulletin has done with their 4.x look ... yuck!

Xtreme Member
    I like it too, it will take a bit of getting used to like everything that's new

A quick suggestion for the people that hurts their eyes, Fugger i would change the Blue bars on here to the darker blue such as the Xtreme Systems Name or maybe just use black , mono tones are great for anytime browsing, but like i mentioned before, site looks great and was due for a facelift !
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Xtreme Member

Angry

Detest the new look. Seems to have been dreampt up by a pimply-faced teenager with perfect eyesight. OTOH, a teenager would have used bright colours, and I'd be able to see stuff like before.

For the small print, I want BLACK text against a light background, please, not this wishy-washy grey stuff.
    My eyes are far from perfect ( keratoconus ), but I have no trouble reading the even smaller font used in the thingo bar with the "New Posts .. Private Messages .. FAQ ..." labels, because the text is black .
    That is, no trouble until I hover my mouse cursor over one of those labels, at which point the text goes white. Against a pale beige background. You've got to be kidding!

And the posters' names in the left-side panel in that yukky faded-looking greyish blue, against the mid-grey background? Hardly legible to me.

Can't see the text on the links in the posts - similar wishy-washy blue problem. And those links are almost invisible in the composer preview panel!
    The icons and the "Font" and "Size" labels on the composer page function buttons, plus the smiley icons, are similarly washed out.

The whole site looks like my clothes would look if I threw my fast-fading blue & black jeans in the washing machine with the rest of my stuff.

Form over function, & I don't even like the "form".

Change it back - at least till you fix up the colours & contrasts!

When I couldn't get my XS fix yesterday I thought I'd been banned/blocked for general stoopidity

It might take some time getting everything up to speed so I hope everyone remains patient.

Xtreme Addict
    I like the look. At the bottom there's an option for a black theme but its not working :S From a look at the page source the sites done in css, this should help when viewing on tablets.
    Case-Coolermaster Cosmos S
    MoBo- ASUS Crosshair IV
    Graphics Card-XFX R9 280X [out for RMA] using HD5870
    Hard Drive-Kingston 240Gig V300 master Seagate 160Gb slave Seagate 250Gb slave Seagate 500Gb slave Western Digital 500Gb
    CPU-AMD FX-8320 5Ghz
    RAM 8Gig Corshair c8
    Logitech 5.1 Z5500 BOOST22
    300Gb of MUSICA!!

Steam ID: alphamonkeywoman
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/933ab/

Xtreme Member
    here
    s a forum that has color scheme similar to old XS on VB4
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/forum.php

Xtreme Mentor
    i like this

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Rack Freak
    vb4 sucks.

Main Rigs...
    Silver : i7-2600k / Asus P8H67-I Deluxe / 8GB RAM / 460 GTX SSC+ / SSD + HDD / Lian Li PC-Q11s
    WCG rig(s)... for team XS Full time
    1. i7 860 (Pure Cruncher)
    2. i7-870 (Acts as NAS with 5 HDDs)
    3. 1065T (Inactive currently)

I am Xtreme
    its not april fools!

Xtreme Member
    what a mess :/ hopefully someone's working on the css to fix all this

Xtreme Addict
    i hate this,at least do something about these light colours,we need something darker

Xtreme Member
    this is terrible
    asrock z77 extreme6
    G.SKILL Sniper F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR
    asus 5870
    wd 1tb black
    Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD

Xtreme Member
    weebee

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex-Ro View Post
    i hate this,at least do something about these light colours,we need something darker
    change it to vB4-dark in general settings,makes it a little better

but i really dont like the new look,or the way it feels

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    change it to vB4-dark in general settings,makes it a little better

but i really dont like the new look,or the way it feels
    That makes a difference? Seems pretty much the same. It's the blue bars everywhere that kill it for me. Dark gray bars would be 100% better. Hopefully it's going to change a bit over time, back to a darker theme like before.

--Matt
    My Rig :
    Core i5 4570S - ASUS Z87I-DELUXE - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-2400 - 256GB Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Site surfs really snappy now, and has a fresh clean look. Good job guys, might have to break down and use an avatar now.

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    I like the look. At the bottom there's an option for a black theme but its not working :S From a look at the page source the sites done in css, this should help when viewing on tablets.
    I'm waiting for that theme too.

Xtreme Cruncher
    By and large I like the new look...has a more modern appearance IMO. But I didn't come/stay here for the looks of the site, I came here for the content.

If anyone really really hates it, there's always Firefox + Stylish.

I actually thought i had accidentally clicked another bookmark instead of the xtremesystems one .

Had to re-check the url to make sure i was on the correct site lol, actually find this new style somewhat nice.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    is there any way to have a "keep me logged in" option returned? I'm having to log in every single time now.

also, agree on the contrast changes to text and such that need done. I get that it's never perfect out of the box, so I'm gonna give it a week before I start having a problem with it.
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Nerdy Powerlifter
    All of this should be worked out. As I said in one of the other 3+ threads on this topic. I'd love to see a big poll where users choose which skin looks the best.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Mentor
    The new site does not work well for my old TC1100 or my N96 because of zooming problems...
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Member
    I think the site is fine, people just aren't used to change
    Home PC: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz l Asus Maximus VI Hero l Corsair Dominator Plantinum 2400mhz (4x4GB) l Asus GTX 690 l Samsung 840 Pro 256gb l 2 x WD Black 1T storage drive l WD MyBook 500gb External l Samsung SH-S203N DVD l Creative X-Fi Titanium HD l Corsair AX1200 PSU l Planar SA2311W23 3D LCD Monitor l Corsair 800D Case l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l Sennheiser HD-590

Water Cooling Setup: Swiftech 320 Radiator (3 X Gentle Typhoons 1450rpm 3 x Gentle Typhoons 1850 rpm) l Swiftech Pump w/XSPC Res Top l Heatkiller 3.0 CPU Block l Heatkiller GPU-X GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Nickel l Heatkiller Geforce GTX 690 GPU Backplate l Koolance 140mm Radiator l Danger Den 1/2ID UV Green tubing l EK EKoolant UV Green Liquid

-Impossible is not a word

Xtreme Member
    i think now is fine, familiar colour scheme with new taste
    dual 360 rads on lianli A05NB worklog : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=259066

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast