Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Xtreme Member
    Your welcome, believe it or not I kind of rediscovered the Elder Scrolls all over again I mean I played Oblivion for 10 minutes 4 yrs ago end of story. Then Skyrim came out...again end of story...I'm hooked.

I was a bit apprehensive at first about posting my list because the listed posts by other and yourself was (to me) very modest. Really I thought everyone was doing at least 50-60 mods. My first plan since I do have hardware was to make Skyrim's environment the best I could possibly get it to be you know stunning views and all. Then everything would come together later.

All you see in my active list are all ongoing tests. I am close to weeding out a lot of mods and restarting the game all over again this time no more testing this or that it will be just pure immersive game play. Hell I'm still only level 14.

My INI file only has to adjust the "i size W= (for me 5760) for tri-screen and W= 1920 for single screen. Great point SabreWulf, because Dynavision has in-game adjustments via a spell I can adjust for no effects during running or turn only that part off so the Enhanced Distance Terrain can still be active with no compatibility issue between the two mods.
    You know I'll do that, 1920x1200 coming soon.

Scooby
    Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 | Intel i7 920 D0 | Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 (6 x 2GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6990 4GB DDR5 | Pioneer BDC-2202B Blu-Ray
    Western Digital VelciRaptor 300GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB (x4) | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality | PC Power & Cooling, SILENCER 910
    Microcool Banchetto 101, Bench Case | Thermalright TRUE Copper, Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm (x2) | Samsung 245T 24" (x3), Samsung LN46B650 46" HD LCD HDTV
    Bose Acoustimass 25 series II | Logitech G15, Logitech G9 | Lamptron FC-2 Fan Controller | Ergotron DS100 Tri-Stand | Thermaltake ST0005U BlacX Docking Station (x2) | Windows 7 Home 64Bit

Xtreme Member
    I did 3 'builds' of FO3. The first was 'winging' it again seeing what I could do with textures, visuals and gameplay elements, the second was solely focusing on characters, weapons, armour, NPC's, and locations. Then in the end I combined what I learnt from doing both to come up with something quite interesting for the final build that I actually went through and played properly. May do the same with Skyrim :-)

My, err... unmentionables... for FO3 were something else lolololol, wonder if 'those' creators of said mods will do something similar for Skyrim, I know animated prostitution is already out ;-)

[Edit]
    What do you prefer, CBBE or DIMONIZED? Also just looking at my patches folder, I just realized that all the odd number of patch releases are the ones to use, as the even ones all seem to be either be game breaking or beta patches, as such I'm using Update 1, 3, 5 and now 7 (1.5). Also noticed that you have 2x different sunglare mods... no negative interactions?
    Last edited by SabreWulf69; 03-21-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Xtreme Member
    WIP BUILD -

Patches -
    1, 3, 5 and 7

No Intro Fix

Character Mods -
    Some sort of face and hair mods (undecided)
    DIMONIZED UNP Max Quality Mods
    UNP Combined Clothing Pack

Colour, Lighting, PPI's etc (highly unsure between first 3) -
    FXAA PPI for starters if so maybe +Realistic Lighting +Sydney666 settings
    ENB? If so maybe +Skyrim Enhanced Shaders +Realistic Lighting (ENB version) +Sydney666 settings
    Solely Realistic Lighting for better performance
    IMAGINATOR - Visual Control Device (maybe)
    Skyrim Sunglare

Gameplay etc -
    WARZONES - Civil Unrest
    Tytanis - The Ultimate Mod

Visual Fixes -
    Shadow striping fix

Essentials -
    Mod Manager (undecided on which)
    SKSE
    SkyUI

Sound Enhancement -
    'Sounds of Skyrim' packs

Weather -
    Natural Skyrim Rain
    Immersive Skyrim Thunder

Textures -
    Bethesda Official HD DLC
    Serious HD Retexture Skyrim
    Skyrim Flora Overhaul
    Skyrim HD
    SMIM (Static Mesh Improvement Mod)

Water -
    WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux

Any help of suggestions would be of use. Also some suggested INI settings for a Core 2 Duo E8400 with 4GB of 1066MHz RAM and a 560Ti 1GB would also be helpful. Gonna start a new Skyrim build, this time using a mod manager.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    Is there an installer that will simply install all those mode for me? I just got the game but Im WAY too lazy to sift through all that stuff. I do like better graphics and seem to have the hardware to handle it.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmV5 View Post
    ...no problem.. no intentions to fight/argue especially with a lunatic that dont even know what his talking about.. only intentions to share/gain more about skyrims mods/settings/whatnot.. but even here/this brings fookn arseholes...
    There's obviously PLENTY intention in that post of far worse than mere sharing of information going on, and it wasn't provoked with your brand of childish name calling either. If you can't manage arguing a valid point without stooping to breaking forum rules, you have no business even talking about it, post reported.

Quote Originally Posted by SabreWulf69 View Post
    @ Frag Maniac, the difference is HUGE. Some people are CS nerds who need 200,000 FPS to perform at the peak of their potential and other's don't. My machine doesn't get choppy with this stuff, just gotta know how to tweak the ini's for your system. Skyrim isn't really a game where the difference between 1-2fps dropping out is the difference between life and/or death.
    Except I'm not talking about a 1-2 FPS difference like you imply. You implied 35 FPS ave overall is acceptable. I was using 60 FPS overall as a reference, 45 FPS ave at the lowest in problem areas. Having only 35 FPS ave overall would mean even less ave FPS than that in high resource areas, and we all know this game has them. Dipping that low in those areas does cause hitching unless those "tweaks" of yours are disabling or considerably lowering some of the shader effects and what not that cause them.

If you were to make say a DxTory video proving 35 FPS ave causes no hitching, it would be a lot more believable, but it would have to show the more poorly optimized parts of the game with no visual compromises to be convincing. DxTory records with zero lag if you have more than 1 HDD and use it's RawCap mode. It's easy to do and a lot more substantial than a mere unsupported claim.

I know full well about tweaking. I've come up with tweaks of my own for Crysis that people have mentioned gave them better frame rates, with minimal visual tradeoff. The difference is I don't pretend to be able to do the impossible, offering better performance with zero compromise. I see a lot of long winded posts being made here, but nothing concrete when it comes to proof of performance claims.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 03-21-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Xtreme Member
    @little_scrapper, the link below should help you out. And yes your rig can handle this game nicely. Have fun and good luck.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/content/modmanager/
    Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 | Intel i7 920 D0 | Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 (6 x 2GB) | XFX Radeon HD 6990 4GB DDR5 | Pioneer BDC-2202B Blu-Ray
    Western Digital VelciRaptor 300GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB (x4) | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality | PC Power & Cooling, SILENCER 910
    Microcool Banchetto 101, Bench Case | Thermalright TRUE Copper, Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm (x2) | Samsung 245T 24" (x3), Samsung LN46B650 46" HD LCD HDTV
    Bose Acoustimass 25 series II | Logitech G15, Logitech G9 | Lamptron FC-2 Fan Controller | Ergotron DS100 Tri-Stand | Thermaltake ST0005U BlacX Docking Station (x2) | Windows 7 Home 64Bit

Xtreme Addict
    ok so I put about a dozen mods into that nexus mod manager and I seriously dont think it did anything.

I put in the different guards for each city... all guards still look the same.

put in better rockes and trees, better cities...bla bla bla... I cant tell any difference. How can I figure out if anything was changed?
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 03-23-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Xtreme Member
    @ Frag Maniac - Easy to do with what your asking with the sort of stuff it requires, just no lol. Bit hard to proves anything on my machine, my HDD's are getting all full, and as stated I don't have the best machine to be able to record stuff, but Skyrim can still run for me. The impossible? Frames are frames, seriously. Seems pretty fine to me, and memory management and caching tweaks make a world of difference. You've seen my screenshot's, if that's not enough then too bad, stfu, you are very picky in wanting people to prove things about stuff they are having fun with. Get over it, omfg, go and on F.B. that I don't use.
    Last edited by SabreWulf69; 03-25-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @ Frag Maniac - Easy to do with what your asking with the sort of stuff it requires, just no lol. Bit hard to proves anything on my machine, my HDD's are getting all full, and as stated I don't have the best machine to be able to record stuff, but Skyrim can still run for me. The impossible? Frames are frames, seriously. Seems pretty fine to me, and memory management and caching tweaks make a world of difference. You've seen my screenshot's, if that's not enough then too bad, stfu, you are very picky in wanting people to prove things about stuff they are having fun with. Get over it, omfg, go and on F.B. that I don't use.
    Yes, it IS that easy to do, if you so much as have two ordinary HDDs. I in fact have lower spec than you. I only bought one 1TB HDD pretty cheap for the build I have now, and combined a rather outdated HDD from my previous rig. That's all that's required to record with zero lag with DxTory. You're making it sound much harder than it really is, which just makes it obvious you're hiding your exaggerations behind excuses.

For that matter, if you don't want responses you consider "picky", you shouldn't hide behind passive aggressive insults either. "Some people are CS nerds who need 200,000 FPS to perform at the peak of their potential and other's don't". I see it all the time on the net. People start in with ridiculous, inaccurate, insulting exaggerations when they have no argument to offer. You'd been better off just saying you don't want to discuss it, because clearly you're not very good at it.

Just the fact that you imply mere screenshots are all it takes to show a game is running smoothly is ludicrous in itself. HDDs (and high resource games) also don't run so well when you load up your HDD too much and ignore proper free space and page file rules of thumb.

As for these so called memory problems with Skyrim, there seems to be LOTS of people on the net insisting the game has memory leaks. The reality is it was merely limited in how much RAM could be used until it was patched for it. Most of the people obsessing over the mem leak claim are running tons of mods with only 4GB RAM and/or CPUs that are struggling with the game.

The PS3 version was found to have mem leak problems and was patched for it. If the same had been found with the PC version I think we'd have seen a patch for it by now. As I said before, some areas of the game are just more shader intense than others. Doesn't mean the game has severe memory issues, just as mere pics certainly won't show a claimed lack of hitching at only 35 FPS overall.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 03-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah I can't be assed having to explain myself to you nor should I have to. You can buy me a HDD if your so inclined. Inversely do you have a video backing up your claim o.O? All I know is that I'm having fun with Skyrim and modding it, no need to get pissey about things if you don't believe people about things man, it's really not all that big a deal.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    I could be searching for this info on google I know but maybe one of you guys already know.
    Is there a console cmd to show the fps?

I am Xtreme
    ^yes and i never got it working
    so also i guess no.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Member
    No I do not believe in game there is a way to activate any sort of FPS counter -
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/C...mands_(Skyrim)

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    FRAPs?
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Xtreme Member
    Their was a Mod at Nexus I think I saw that did just that. Never used it but and I think it is still there. If I stumbled upon it I post a link here.

Anywho...I started a new game a few nights ago and when I finished slaying the first dragon at the west tower and returned to Jarl to complete the quest I was expecting Lydia to be at the entrance of the doors. NO LYDIA!!!! WTF!!!

I did some research and some say it could be a bug or I did something out of sequence. Have you guys come across this? And if you haven't at least you know now if it happens to you. I'll do more googling. Very strange indeed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah I can't be assed having to explain myself to you nor should I have to. You can buy me a HDD if your so inclined. Inversely do you have a video backing up your claim o.O? All I know is that I'm having fun with Skyrim and modding it, no need to get pissey about things if you don't believe people about things man, it's really not all that big a deal.
    Look, all I did was non aggressively put my opinion out there in the first place based on my own experience of how the game plays at the FPS you were talking about. Then you immediately get all passive aggressive, using extreme exaggerations in ridiculous and insulting scenarios that were WAY beyond what you or I were talking about.

I don't play CS, never have. I also never obsess over hardware that yields WAY higher FPS than needed, much less the absurd 200000 you mentioned. Then you contradicted yourself and implied instead of super high FPS by comparison I'm talking only 1 or 2 FPS, when in fact the numbers were 60 FPS overall to your claimed 35 overall being smooth.

Furthermore I wasn't trying to label anyone as an idiot for accepting or claiming that 35 FPS ave is smooth, just that it isn't for most. So your coming back acting like any opinions to the contrary are those of idiots whom don't know what mem tweaks can do for the game sounds pretty baseless unless you back it up.

There are already TONS of Skyrim videos on the net showing how choppy it plays at the FPS you're referring to, and even if I WERE to make a video of my own verifying that, what's to keep you from yet again claiming I just don't know how to set the game up right?

You're the one making the claim, and only based on installing simple tools others have made. So why you get off implying you're some kind of genius by it is rather absurd anyway. Then you level insulting responses when it's refuted. Therefore the burden of proof lies on you.

You not only made the initial claim, you escalated the argument with insulting exaggerations, and as I said, my proof is already commonly found on the net. I don't see yours anywhere, and sorry, screenshots aren't proof of smooth gameplay like you imply. Your having said that just makes your claim even less credible.

It would have been a mere discussion with both parties disagreeing had you not gotten all hissy and started throwing out insults and ridiculous, baseless (not to mention contradictory) exaggerations in the first place.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 03-26-2012 at 02:55 PM.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag Maniac View Post
    It may sound harsh to some, but it's just arguing a point really. I have nothing against him or what he's trying to do, I'm just arguing the validity of the presentation.
    So he cant use sarcasm but you can use negative argumentative tactics?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    So he cant use sarcasm but you can use negative argumentative tactics?
    First off, like I said, it wasn't just sarcasm, it was obvious insulting tones implying those experiencing choppiness at 35 ave FPS don't know how to set up the game. Second, there wasn't any aimed negativity in the post he was initially responding to, or even anything overly sarcastic, and it certainly wasn't insulting.

"The way I look at it, although many have posted screens that look a lot better than mine would with the mods, res and settings they're using, I know how the game plays when you average only 35 FPS. It starts getting pretty choppy even if you DIP to 35 ave FPS in the areas with lots of fog, torches, etc. This is a game that needs to run at around 60 FPS ave in no lag areas to be smooth in gameplay overall, much like Dead Island.

So I can see adding mods and cranking up res and settings if you have a killer rig, but to me, having playable (smooth) frame rates in some places, and choppiness in others, is not acceptable. The sharper textures are nice, but when you're moving about a lot doing things rarely are you just standing their gawking at them. Conversely when you hit areas that lag, that choppiness is painfully obvious."

The above is no more than an observation he seems to have taken personally for no reason, yet he saw fit to escalate it into an absurd argument involving extreme exaggerations, innuendos and contradictions, yet you're surprised I'm seeing it as absurd and baseless? Why should I be labeled as using "negative argumentative tactics" for merely pointing out observations that are really quite common and contrary to what was claimed?

Hey, have a dedicated Skyrim thread, great. Have a Skyrim screenshot thread, there's some good shots of the game. However when someone tries to justify their lofty FPS claims and uses screenshots as examples of proof, then I'm going to tell them my opinion of it, and I don't need to talk down to anyone as if superior to do it like he did.

I have to wonder what the staff priority is here, unconditional popularity of thread topics, or actual moderation based on facts? Seems to be a lot of bias toward the former. I appear to have burst some bubbles. My "bad".
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 03-26-2012 at 04:24 PM.

c[_]
    To be fair you do act like a superior ass, case in point:

"I have to wonder what the staff priority is here, unconditional popularity of thread topics, or actual moderation based on facts? Seems to be a lot of bias toward the former. I appear to have burst some bubbles. My "bad"."

I am not perfect and make no point of calling myself perfect, but you seem to put yourself above everyone else in allowing yourself to argue a point in a manner that will end negatively rather than state your view in a way that will positively influence the direction of conversation.

Earlier examples are:

People said CPU clock speed seems to help them. You said you didnt want to overclock your CPU anymore because your 8800/1G (GTS250) is limiting you due to shaders. Everyone else is running newer hardware (for the most part, GPU wise) and having fewer issues (or not complaining about them) than you with respect to low frame rates which indicates your "low fps" issues may be more unique to yourself only due to your aged GPU and/or lack of testing CPU speed. You were not argumentative in a negative tone here, but you didnt bother to test CPU clock speeds after more than one user said it helped them.

Next Napalm said 296.17 drivers gave him better performance. You first said there was no such driver then berated him for testing windows 8 (which is literally windows 7 with some fancy tweaks). He made no claims about expecting it to be perfect nor that the driver or bethesda were perfect, only that the driver in windows 8 seems to work for his situation and he even said he thinks there is more performance potential.

Thirdly you stated "It may sound harsh to some, but it's just arguing a point really. I have nothing against him or what he's trying to do, I'm just arguing the validity of the presentation." after it is requested that you quote someone fully so as to keep the context of their post in one piece (skipping your shift of blame on purpose in the post previous to this, i'm an imperfect moderator!!).

Fourth you told Saberwulf 30-40fps is not enough after he remarked about the sarcasm in Littleowl's post (590 not enough for skyrim). I will admit that you did this in a non combative intention, however you are only relying on your own experience of a G92 with 1gb ram vs everyone else who has newer hardware which may mean less FPS issues for them as they have significantly more shader power. Case in point is the GTX580 vs GTX680. There are instances where the GTX580 performs better, but when shader power is at a premium the GTX680 gains.

Fifth you go off about them "attacking" you about the FPS exaggerations, however it was not until after your post asking for the DxTory video that Saberwulf told you to go fly a kite because he was having fun and you were being nitpicky that he was any bit aggressive. He could have gone about his post differently but to be honest his previous claims did not claim that there were performance issues for himself, only that he found 30-40fps to be acceptable to himself on his hardware in his situation.

However you, on G92 card, get to tell us that the game runs like crap for you, so it must be running like crap for us too, and get away with telling staff that we're giving someone else preferential treatment.

hhmmmmm.... no, i'm not perfect by a long stretch, but you're not playing the same sport as everyone else here it seems. You could have avoided most of the issues by asking "hey guys, how is your framerate performance? Are you getting a lot of chop/stutter?" or asking Napalm what his install order was for the drivers in case a part of the driver had stayed behind or maybe the installer has an issue that using manual isntall/double install clears up (yes, that happens).

There are a multitude of items that may be unique to your situation beyond the G92 which may also be exacerbating your performance issue as well, so to be frank, relying on your word alone that the game has huge performance issues if you are playing at a lower framerate isnt a good point to stand on. The issues could even be unique in part to an errata on the G92 chip itself, let alone any background programs that are running on your system or what tweaks you have applied vs everyone else, or perhaps even a performance issue on the G92 with the game caused by the nV drivers or bethesda's coding. The simple fact is that the game runs crappy for you on a G92 and everyone else finds performance to be "acceptable" with many of the mods they have used.

I'm pretty sure nobody claimed performance was spectacular, anyways.
    Last edited by STEvil; 03-27-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Xtreme Member
    @little_scrapper, first of all I'm assuming you have a non-Steam version of the game...right.

When you open NMM you will see two tabs top left corner, select "Plugins" and make sure the corresponding .esp file are checked. Some mod do not have this and that OK just make sure the ones you have activated in the "Mods" tab is checked in the "Plugins" tab and you should be good to go.

If you still have any problems take a look at this video from Gophers. He explains this so well. HTH
    http://youtu.be/ClqtmSUsFhg

Scoob

PS; Lydia is still MIA!!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I have a hard time understanding what is going on here. This thread contains good information, please clean up the rest!

Xtreme Guru
    i see what all that was about..

STEvil

"People said CPU clock speed seems to help them."

definitely thats because of the shared cpu+gpu load @ outdoors and this is the biggest issue that still remains

"there is more performance potential"

50% if bethesda would change the outdoors load to gpu only as the indoors load is.. it would be a tremendous improvement for single cards let alone 2x 3x 4x cards

in the post i included pictures with vsync off.. divide the fps by 3 and is should be a good indication how well a single card would perform indoors and outdoors at 2x ultra settings + hd packs

in its current state thats just not the case

"windows 8 (which is literally windows 7 with some fancy tweaks)"

indeed we can go all the way to vista.. but whats different about win8 for gaming is better performance.. higher min fps just handles min fps better.. win7 vs win8 @ metro 2033 for example is a big difference between the two.. not every game/benchmark is like that.. i dont know what it is actually i didnt bothered to look deeply into it sick and tired of dissecting everything.. it could be that it handles directx better.. better memory management.. better cpu/threads handling.. combination of all that.. whatever it is got me stuck to win8

c[_]
    My guess is on core thread management, and yeah I saw the vsync vs no vsync pictures

Xtreme Guru
    have you guys added/played around with these ugrids @ skyrim.ini ?

2x ultra settings

bolded have been added to skyrim.ini from skyrimeditor.ini

[General]
    uGridDistantTreeRangeCity=8
    uGridDistantCountCity=8
    uGridDistantTreeRange=30
    uGridDistantCount=50

uGridsToLoad=7

adjusted these budgetcaps by 2x according to the skyrimeditor.ini

[BudgetCaps]
    uLoadedAreaNonActorMemoryBudgetCap=329252864
    uTextureMemoryInterior=209715200
    uTextureMemory=41943040
    Last edited by NapalmV5; 05-16-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Xtreme Member
    hmmm, interesting :-)

Add me on Facebook

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast