Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Xtreme Addict
    Was this posted before?
    http://kotaku.com/5861752/skyrim-con...d-and-cyrodiil
    This can be a modder's dream if true,

Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    Not quite, I mean stuff like the molag bal mace, those (in oblivion) are "leveled" weapons meaning the higher level your character is when you get it, the better the weapon will be. However oblivion had nothing in place to level these types of weapons as you gained levels so if you got the mace or something at a crappy low level, you would be forever stuck with the low level molag bal mace. Not saying the same problem exists in skyrim, but its a possibility.
    it is still there, but with the enchanting drain with weapons the dedric quest weapons are not hat great as u can make better ones until u hit 40+
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Assume a lot of you know of this, but everyone needs to check out www.skyrimnexus.com

Already tons of graphics mods + some quest fixes, small gameplay changes, etc. I got pretty much every gfx update they have and lordy does it look good

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    Yeah. And it only uses a fraction of the full processing power of those two cores. (<50%) So what you gotta do is right click on the skyrim.exe shortcut on your desktop and select properties. Then click the shortcut tab and add "+fullproc" without quotes at the end of the executable. For example, mine says "D:\Skyrim\TESV.exe +fullproc" (without quotes once again).

Also, Skyrim doesn't use hardly any RAM. There is a little app out there called Large Address Aware that is used to force an application to utilize more than 2gb RAM. I recall using it on Crysis2.exe earlier this year. It also works on Skyrim.
    how do you get this to work - all I get is a message saying thats a invalid file path.

"+fullproc"

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

u need to add a space in between the file path and the +
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    thats kinda a obvious first thing to try.

does it work with yesterdays DRM patch that was added via steam?
    cause that encypts the exe, and has been known to break a ton of game mods, including the LAA patch, and tons of texture packs.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for that, won't be using that patch then until the patch has been patched haha.

A pic of my character now (lvl 36) -

and appropriately matching, a pic of my ride :-D -

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Your horse looks stoned

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Member
    Yeah I go off on a quest come back, and he's looking as ripped as anything, that bastard, even smoked my stash. lol. Is kwl though, needs some sort of spikey armor or something to look more 'evil' I reckon.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    o man i started the character with pure mage in mind, got my destruction to 59, and magicka to like 230 before any clothing effect. then i realize mage sux, now i got my one handed attack to ~ 57, health to like 190. still gets owned in 1 breathe attack by dragon, 2 hits by giants, and ~ 2, 3 hits by some heavily leveled boss at the end of dungeon. my light armour is like 48 iirc. my pickpocket is 100 lol, archery ~45. i am doing everything right now, a bit of hack and slash, stealth and mage.

when i replayed it next time i will probably go mainly two handed, heavy armour with minor restoration, and archery.

mage sux period. i went back to do the mage's guild quest. all those mages in the dungeon died in 3 hits, with one handed weapon.
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

Xtreme Addict
    Just some random screens, see the extra links below the pics for how it looked pre-modded. Imo, for the most part the visuals are improved. Sorry for the lame resolution

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...im/before3.png

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...im/before1.png

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...im/before2.png

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...im/before4.png
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip_J_Fry View Post
    o man i started the character with pure mage in mind, got my destruction to 59, and magicka to like 230 before any clothing effect. then i realize mage sux, now i got my one handed attack to ~ 57, health to like 190. still gets owned in 1 breathe attack by dragon, 2 hits by giants, and ~ 2, 3 hits by some heavily leveled boss at the end of dungeon. my light armour is like 48 iirc. my pickpocket is 100 lol, archery ~45. i am doing everything right now, a bit of hack and slash, stealth and mage.

when i replayed it next time i will probably go mainly two handed, heavy armour with minor restoration, and archery.

mage sux period. i went back to do the mage's guild quest. all those mages in the dungeon died in 3 hits, with one handed weapon.
    It seems to me - but I'm only level 10 so far - that there are pretty good destruction spells with two handed effect. Yet you do need to level your health and armor. Having someone following you who takes the beating while you blast away comes in pretty handy too. Using a mace is needed for me as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by v0dka View Post
    It seems to me - but I'm only level 10 so far - that there are pretty good destruction spells with two handed effect. Yet you do need to level your health and armor. Having someone following you who takes the beating while you blast away comes in pretty handy too. Using a mace is needed for me as well though.
    to be a mage u need to get gear that reduces your mana cost in your preferred tree, the tree will knock off 50% then u need to get gear for it and u ill get to 0-10% cost as everything stacks. and u can use enchanting to make heavy magic gear.

so dual wield magic and one hand until u get your gear if u want to go mage, if u wan to go 100% mage then its hard. u can also wait (hit t) and regen all mana by waiting an hour
    Last edited by zanzabar; 11-24-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Xtreme Member
    yeah alteration is a must for mage. like stone flesh spell, +60 armor for 60 sec for clsoe quarter combat. the best way imo is to play it with either 1/2 handed attack, with light/heavy armor as major, and archery, alteration, restoration as minor. those cost half to cast skill perks are must have if u r a mage.

right now i am owning non boss enemies with one handed (+60%), light armor(+60%), and stone flesh. should have done this earlier.... 3 whack and they are dead.
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

I always go with a armor as one of my majors when I play a TES game, I usually go with magic stuff as secondary as about the only spells of use to me are light, shield and health. I like to go in full force, whack something with a good weapon and they are dead Suppose I'll have to grab Skyrim soon, though I'm not into the whole needing steam crap.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Mentor
    One thing I dont get is why people complain about CPU usage in this game, at least the game responds to overclocks and more powerful CPUs:

Whereas a game thats reported to utilize more than 90%+ of a hex core still doesnt perform any better than it does on a dual core:

I'd much rather have a game that performs better and scales with my powerful CPU, than one which runs almost the same as it would on an Athlon X2 on an I7 980 (I'm getting one of these soon )

I found getting Firebolt made me virtually invincible as a Mage. I haven't even enchanted any items yet and I'm rocking same level Dragons (25) in around 6 two handed fireballs. The only thing I hate is that holding a spell ready to cast means you don't regen mana until you release. 90ish Destruction (with every perk available) and all I have increased is Magicka (~530) with ~250% regen from items/skills and my bar fills in around 25 seconds.

Xtreme Addict
    I like the ward spells when fighting dragons. Have a ward in your left hand and a lightning bolt in the right hand works great.
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hoodoo View Post
    I found getting Firebolt made me virtually invincible as a Mage. I haven't even enchanted any items yet and I'm rocking same level Dragons (25) in around 6 two handed fireballs. The only thing I hate is that holding a spell ready to cast means you don't regen mana until you release. 90ish Destruction (with every perk available) and all I have increased is Magicka (~530) with ~250% regen from items/skills and my bar fills in around 25 seconds.
    You dont need the frost + shock perks, just fire and blow everything up

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hoodoo View Post
    i guess u have boots, gloves, rings, necklaces that boost ur magicka?
    cuz i just finished college of winterhold quest. got the arch mage robe, which is actually worst than my master destruction robe (+150% regen magicka, and 22% less on destruction) + mage circlet (+70 magicka). i dont have any boots, gloves, rings, necklaces that boost magicka. well at least drastically.

i kinda just migrate to a more even character and more toward smithing and one handed, so i dont get owned in close quarter combat by 5 or more skeleton in some dungeon that decide to gang up on u. my destruction 57, one handed attack 60, archery 50, light armor 50. currently @ level 34. i stole a lot of crap to get my pick pocket to 100 @ level 10.... heh
    Last edited by Philip_J_Fry; 11-24-2011 at 11:35 PM.

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak View Post
    how do you get this to work - all I get is a message saying thats a invalid file path.

"+fullproc"
    Try this.

"D:\Skyrim\TESV.exe" +fullproc

with the quotes around the path but not the +fullproc. That's how the old Quake 3 commands worked.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    Did anyone try getting Heavy Armor perks - one that makes it weightless and doesnt slow you down. It's OP combined with one-handed+healing/flesh spells ( or some two handed like the Ebony Blade - I managed to kill all (killable) people in Whiterun without healing once)
    Va fail, dh'oine.

"I am going to hunt down people who have strong opinions on subjects they dont understand " - Dogbert

Always rooting for the underdog ...

Xtreme Member
    yeah there are many ways to make invincible character... like extreme smithing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onOYn6d0Vas

i have my smithing @ 90, been making glass armor and right now only dragon with magic attack can kill me in 2 hits with base 290 hp @ level 40. my enchantement is 50, i havent really enchant anything.

Xtreme Member
    My character went through Solitude without dying and killing everything with my Daedric armor and Daedric boots (- still looking for more Daedra hearts >.<), plus high level of one handed (88) and heavy armor skill (77), a block of 51, a legendary Skysteel Sword and Orcish other bits (all of which is legendary). Health is 250, stamina - 220 and majicka is 190. My lockpick is 60 and archery is 76. Most other stats below 50. I barely use magic and only really use spells like heal, wards and stoneflesh. If a mage I go up against is too powerful, I simply turn into a warewolf and lunge at them knocking them over, run at them again and finish them off usually always before they can touch me. Giants, mammoths and dragons I can all take out *usually* without having to heal and just using my bow, sword and shield combo :-)

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    what bow do u have? and yeah i need to start the daedra quest so i can make some deadric weapons.

melee characters have trouble against magic range attack. my solution against say, dragon or mage with fireball is alchemy, and ward. make some resist to fire, frost potions along with fast healing, then get close and whack them.works well @ level 43. altho i do have my archery @ 55, destruction @ 60.

my smithing @ 100 now i just made some dragon scale armor. along with stoneflesh. i just killed almost everyone at whiterun. my light armor perk only has like +60%, and one handed perk +60%. i came a long way from being pure mage to smithing and one handed, light armor.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast