Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Koolance Dual DDC *Single Bay* Reservoir! (RP-401X2)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolance View Post
    Still working on that, but it's difficult to mill everything necessary in this profile (and a lot of window/reservoir space would be lost). For customers who won't be able to pull out their reservoir a couple inches to fill, I'd recommend the dual bay RP-402X2, or else filling from somewhere else in the loop.

Tim
    Did this thread begin with pics of an earlier version rp-401x2? The pics shown as rev. 1.1 show what appear to be front filling ports. Am I correct, can this now be filled from the front?

Also, does anyone know how critical the water level is for the reservoirs? I'd use this in a dual loop config. so only one rez. would supply each pump. If say, the level was half full, would there be a chance to suck down some air like, through a vortex created by too much suction from an 18v ddc?

*the rez. tanks do feed the pumps right, as in REZ > PUMP > RAD > BLOCKS?
    Case: Lian Li A71F
    Sys: 3930k, Sabertooth X79, G.Skill 2133Mhz 16Gb, (2x) GTX 680
    (2x) WD Black 1.5Tb, (2x) Crucial M4 - RAID 0

Loop 1: Apogee HD, (2x) RX240, DDC3.2 w/EK v2 top, MCRES (R2)
    Loop 2: EK Full Cover (x2), RX360, DDC3.2 w/EK v2 top, MCRES (R2)

I am Xtreme
    OMG. Front filling ports?! Looks like it should be rather easy to bleed too. This thing is now awesome.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by basserdan View Post
    Did this thread begin with pics of an earlier version rp-401x2? The pics shown as rev. 1.1 show what appear to be front filling ports. Am I correct, can this now be filled from the front?

Also, does anyone know how critical the water level is for the reservoirs? I'd use this in a dual loop config. so only one rez. would supply each pump. If say, the level was half full, would there be a chance to suck down some air like, through a vortex created by too much suction from an 18v ddc?

*the rez. tanks do feed the pumps right, as in REZ > PUMP > RAD > BLOCKS?
    I have v1 and it needs to be full or it will not bleed.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    OMG. Front filling ports?! Looks like it should be rather easy to bleed too. This thing is now awesome.
    So, I am correct, this version does have front fill ports, despite the directly contradictive statement from Tim (from Koolance), that it does not? It does appear to!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by basserdan View Post
    So, I am correct, this version does have front fill ports, despite the directly contradictive statement from Tim (from Koolance), that it does not? It does appear to!
    Rev 1 did not, but the current Rev 1.1 does have front fill ports. I think those comments were before the newer revision came out, which obviously there were a lot of people asking for that or they wouldn't have changed it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Rev 1 did not, but the current Rev 1.1 does have front fill ports. I think those comments were before the newer revision came out, which obviously there were a lot of people asking for that or they wouldn't have changed it.
    Thanks for more helpfulness Martin. You answered me the other day at the LiquidLab about another RP-401X2 question.

As for my question, I just would have expected Tim to have made a specific notice as to the change in functionality when editing in the rev. 1.1 pics since his original post specifically states the opposite, despite the new pics illustrating this very specific difference.

I'm not trying to be jerk to Tim. I just figuired I needed to explain my confusion. The pictures are pretty clear in that they show fill ports but, if the boss' own words blah, blah. Before I spend a $100+ on a blah, blah and so on and so forth....

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Sure thing.
    I would just make sure whomever you order from that it's the Rev 1.1.

Just noticed they have both the Rev 1.1:
    http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=1174

And the older Rev 1.0 on Koolance's site:
    http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=1204

The older model is currently discounted, but the vendors may or may not note the revision differences. I would make sure they check first before sending any order for you. Needs to say Rev 1.1 or it's the old version.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Sure thing.
    I would just make sure whomever you order from that it's the Rev 1.1.

Just noticed they have both the Rev 1.1:
    http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=1174

And the older Rev 1.0 on Koolance's site:
    http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=1204

The older model is currently discounted, but the vendors may or may not note the revision differences. I would make sure they check first before sending any order for you. Needs to say Rev 1.1 or it's the old version.
    Noted! Thanks Martin

I am Xtreme
    Photos are directly taken from our website, so they got updated automatically when we switched to Rev.1.1 (we starting putting "Rev1.1." in some of the images to help with this). Good idea on the OP edit, I've just updated it. The only change for 1.1 was adding the front fill ports and subsequently strengthening the bezel.

Tim

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolance View Post
    Photos are directly taken from our website, so they got updated automatically when we switched to Rev.1.1 (we starting putting "Rev1.1." in some of the images to help with this). Good idea on the OP edit, I've just updated it. The only change for 1.1 was adding the front fill ports and subsequently strengthening the bezel.

Tim
    Thanks. I'm sure it appeared as though I was making a big stink about it but, I just wanted to be sure.

Xtreme Member
    i have 2x of these with 4x PMP400's. now i just have to get the rest of my gear in. those of you who have one already - i also bought a separate res (since reading about the fill issues from the 2-bay versions). will that simplify the bleeding for the 401 then? (note: i also have the serial kit) or are there issues? if your wondering why i have 4x PMP400's, they aren't all for the same loop - they were originally intended for a dual loop TEC setup. i guess now i'll just have some spair parts.....and 4x extra EK Supreme HF's......

/off topic/ anyone know a release date for the GTX600 GPUs? (that's pretty much what i'm waiting on to purchase my new socket 2011 setup) - guess which CPU block ill be using? :P
    Last edited by bds71; 01-05-2012 at 06:31 AM.
    i7 3930@4.5GHz (EK Supreme HF), GTX690@1.2GHz (Koolance NX-690), 128G 4M + 2x128G 4M raid 0, Silverstone TJ07, Custom Enclosure w/MoRa, 18x GT AP-31, 401X2 dual PMP-400

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234