Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Far Cry 3

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    I think I smells me a PRIATE!!!

Developers simply refuse to develope for PC because the piracy that has reached EPIC levels in the recent past and NOT from the begining makes developing for PC a loosing proposition
    yea you definitely don't know what ur talking about. The reason is because consoles net more profit and money is where its at. Now look at games that are actually considered good by most. COD series the BF series..all net amazing profits, the reason is people who pirate, wouldnt buy the game in the first place. So theres no loss because of that. They might be slightly upset not as many people buy games, but if they made something worth a damn, it would be purchased. Id bet money BF3 will sell amazing numbers..and ill be one of those because i believe the game will actually be worth it. We vote with our money and voting for a piss poor console port will only allow more of this to happen when it shouldnt. nice try though.

Remember, some of us old timers are also collectors. If a game is good, even if I try it out, I actually want a retail copy. I will always buy it.
    Phenom II 945 (95w)@3.5Ghz
    Geil BlackDragon 1066 2x2GB
    Gigabyte 790X UD4P
    WD 640GB Black
    Gigabyte GTX 470
    Corsair HX620-Hiper Anubis case
    Windows 7 Home 64bit
    Samsung 27" monitor

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Piracy is nothing new, if you think it is, you're sadly mistaken. It's also not just limited to PC games, and the "studies" publishers do don't tell the whole story. If you doubt me, look at any p2p site and you will see lots of torrents of both PC AND console versions of any popular game. The only reason devs don't squawk about console pirating is because console titles outsell PC ones 5:1, so they can absorb the loss a lot easier. They also don't want to cause a rift with their console cash cow patrons by labeling them as pirates.

With PC customers, they can get away with shoddy ports, insulting them any way they see fit, shorting them on support, broken promises, refusing DLC or charging for it after making games that are too short to begin with, and making them wait ages with little or no information on forthcoming ports. Why, because we are a scant 20% of their business at best, and if they don't treat us accordingly, their impatient console cash cow customers start feeling like their behinds aren't being kissed anymore. They also know any threats of boycotting from PC customers are practically meaningless, because mostly all we get are ports. If we were to refuse to play ports, we wouldn't be gaming much at all.

Sadly the video game industry revolves around treating preordering teens like they're royalty, and the state of today's youth is not exactly better for it. It's no wonder online matches are full of trash talking spoiled brats, the very industry we patronize created them. What's worse is this has these kids thinking they are more financially responsible and mature by it, but it's quite the opposite. They don't even see that by their own lack of control, they've created a monster out of the industry where quantity over quality reigns supreme.

Many of these kids are too young to know about it probably, but there's a line from a classic 80s movie called "Field of Dreams" that goes, "If you build it, they will come". It referred to a baseball diamond replacing a corn field to facilitate the main character's dream of seeing legends of MLB playing right in his neighborhood.

Well with PC games, it's like, "If they make decent ones, people will buy them". It's been so long though with so many years of crap ports, that a lot of people have just given up on that happening, as if it's an unattainable dream anymore.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 06-09-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12