Thread: Sniper low voltage 1.25 memory

Xtreme Member

Sniper low voltage 1.25 memory

Just bought some Sniper memory on sale for my X58 system.

In the BIOS it sees it as 1.25 in the XMP setting but if I save the board freezes.

If I set it to Auto I can't tell what the voltage is. But it shows range of 1.5-2.? on the right of the screen.

I am guessing this means the x58 chipset only goes down to 1.5v for memory - anyone know if this is right or of a program I can check memory voltage in Windows?

G.Skill USA Tech
    Do you have the latest BIOS? Try manually reducing DRAM Voltage; if you can not, try to overclock or lower timings to use up some of that over voltage.

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Xtreme Member
    I do have the latest BIOS and it looks the lowest I can manually set the voltage on the DRAM is 1.5v - I have it set to Auto right now.

I have set the timings to 8-8-8 20 1N vs the rated 9-9-9-24-2N so I am getting a speed boost and I will keep this memory for my next system upgrade which will be Ivy Bridge in a year or so.

Xtreme Member
    Still going strong and loving the low heat - these don't even get warm to the touch. Love it.

G.Skill USA Tech
    Nice! Glad to hear, thanks for sharing/updating.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Xtreme Member
    Would these work in a ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3

G.Skill USA Tech
    Yes, they can, but there are kits under the RipJaws X series that are better for that motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH