Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LSI 2108 based card cross flashing (Dell H700, LSI 9260, IBM M5015, Intel RS2BL080)

Sorry for my noob questions

Hi guys. Sorry if seems lik a very stupid question. But here it goes.
    Ive recently got my hand on a IBM ServerRAID M5014. The reason i bought it, was because i needed more SATA 6gbps ports in my home server and i got it pretty cheap (about 25% of the retail price). So now im just trying to get to know my new RAID card and im trying to understand what kind of RAID i should be using. Since i have 5 WD Caviar Green 3TB drives, im a bit reluctant to use RAID since theese dives are know for not beeing good in RAID configurations. So any advice on how i should proceed is greatly appropriated. Im also thinking (after reading this thread) of relflasing it to an LSI firmware. But why should i do that? Is thee a reason for running the LSI firmware instead of the IBM? Pros/Cons?
    Thank you for any assistance.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 965 EE @ 3,8GHz
    Motherboard: Foxconn BloodRage X58
    Memory: 3x 2GB Corsair Dominator PC1866 9-9-9-24
    Graphics card: Asus HD4870 + Accelero S1 rev2 + 2st Zalman 120mm
    Cooling: Scyche Mugen 2
    Power supply: Antec Earthwatts 500W

How come when I try to download I get an empty page

Wondering the same thing. I paid for the stupid subscription so I could download that file. If the link doesn't work and the file does not exist any longer then remove the attachment so you don't mislead people in to paying for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by notjoe View Post
    Wondering the same thing. I paid for the stupid subscription so I could download that file. If the link doesn't work and the file does not exist any longer then remove the attachment so you don't mislead people in to paying for nothing.
    added warning message, thanks for pointing this out.

I stumbled onto this thread as I was researching CacheCade functionality. I have a 512MB Dell Perc H700. I was planning on buying a 1GB NVRAM module on ebay so I can start using cachecade. But I then found a few references to a "LSI00290 CacheCade Pro 2.0 hardware key" that is required when using this CacheCade feature with the LSI 9265-8i. My question is; will my PERC H700 work with cachecade after I upgrade it to the 1GB version? I saw a reference somewhere that the underlying card is the same, and its just the memory module thats different so it would suggest my idea would work?

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123