Thread: LSI 2108 based card cross flashing (Dell H700, LSI 9260, IBM M5015, Intel RS2BL080)

Threaded View

LSI 2108 based card cross flashing (Dell H700, LSI 9260, IBM M5015, Intel RS2BL080)

Had the hardest time finding a way to crossflash these cards on the net and flashing the firmware alone does not cut it since the firmware is aware of the card retail.

The tool needed for the crossflashing is MEGAREC. I have enclosed it the ZIP file attached along with the SBR for the 9260 8i, LSI M5015 and the Dell H700 integrated. It enables flashing of the identity information included in the SBR.

Download the latest firmware of the card you want to flash yours into and put it on the flash drive.

Put the files on a Bootable DOS USB flash drive and run the following commands:

0) Identify the card you want to flash
    Megarec -adplist
    Should return you a list of all the LSI based card detected. If you only have one card the id# of the card will most likely be 0.

1) Save your current SBR to backup SBR just in case...
    Megarec -readsbr 0 backup.sbr

2) Reflash the SBR with the version you want:
    megarec -writesbr 0 XXX.BIN where XXX is the name of the file you want to flash to.

3) Empty the BIOS:
    megarec -cleanflash 0

4) Reboot the computer and boot from the flash drive again. Your RAID card BIOS will not load. That is normal, you just wiped it clean.

5) Flash the Firmware back:
    megarec -m0flash 0 XXX.rom where XXX is the name of your rom file downloaded for the card of your choice. This will take a little while.

I have flashed a M5015 into a 9260 and then a H700 this way. Found out that the H700 performs a little better than the others. I do not have the SBR file for the intel card however.
    Just thought it would be fun to post as some might be interested in doing this.

Admin Warning: Attachment not working anymore
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by StyM; 10-05-2016 at 07:24 AM.