Thread: New Stickies for Setup?

Nerdy Powerlifter

New Stickies for Setup?

I'm having a hard time finding stickies for advanced flags etc for GPU Clients (figured I'd stress my Gtx470 as well :P.

Any good sources?
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Good point. They are rather outdated... Shoot the only one who is really still active to moderate this forum is Gautam, the others are pretty much MIA.

Maybe one of our current advanced guys could write up a nice how-to I don't really know the new stuff, as I had older hardware I was running, and now that is even shut down for now while I manage summer heat and the power bill.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Hmh, the stickies may be outdated but both links I posted here contain pretty much all the publicly available information concerning client setup. So I don't really think that an additional sticky is needed for the new v7, you have pictorial setup guides from Stanford, foldingforum guides for flags.. and complete manuals. I really think Stanford got better at this. The only information an XS sticky would contain are the links.

The only undocumented flag in the wild is <gpu-index>, analog to -gpu X for v6 (maybe it's just another writing for gpu-id which I never tried).
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Good point. They are rather outdated... Shoot the only one who is really still active to moderate this forum is Gautam, the others are pretty much MIA.

Maybe one of our current advanced guys could write up a nice how-to I don't really know the new stuff, as I had older hardware I was running, and now that is even shut down for now while I manage summer heat and the power bill.
    I hear that! It's 95+ here every day. It's already hit 100. I think that was June 1st. It's super hot this year.

I'm using the folding for stability testing. At least it accomplishes something when I finish the work unit.

Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    Hmh, the stickies may be outdated but both links I posted here contain pretty much all the publicly available information concerning client setup. So I don't really think that an additional sticky is needed for the new v7, you have pictorial setup guides from Stanford, foldingforum guides for flags.. and complete manuals. I really think Stanford got better at this. The only information an XS sticky would contain are the links.

The only undocumented flag in the wild is <gpu-index>, analog to -gpu X for v6 (maybe it's just another writing for gpu-id which I never tried).
    Thanks, I'll take a look when I have a chance.

I have two GTX 570s that I can crunch a little bit on to test for stability.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Make something and I'll sticky it.

Xtreme Addict
    Yes maybe it really is a good idea in the end. I think you're right that having a sticky with all the information needed would lower the hurdle for some...

Did my linking in the end come across as a sort of RTFM approach of explaining things?! That was not intended if it's the case... -_-;;
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

XS Mad Scientist
    p2501, should bigbeta be mentioned anywhere? I've recently started using that switch and I seem to be getting about 50% more PPD (hard to say just yet)

Xtreme Addict
    Bigbeta? The new bigadv units for 12+ core systems?! They're out already? Lol, I'm a bit outdated it seems...

Well yes, it should be mentioned then for sure. I don't know how many people have such systems but if it helps a few lucky ones then it needs to be in the guide. =)

XS Mad Scientist
    yep they are out. I might finally be able to outproduce that pesky "Anonymous" bozo.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think I need to get my XS butt in gear. Still don't have the kind of HW I would need to run bigadv...

"[crunching is] a minor service to humanity as a side effect of our collective hardware fetish" - Blauhung