Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Hate DICE !!

Live Long And Overclock

I Hate DICE !!

Why did they have to do this? Seriously?

I wasn't going to build a new rig until mid-2012, and then they go and reveal the multiplayer trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fUp4-kAQEE

*There goes the wallet*

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks sweet, I just hope they don't use those video and sound effects where the clips are joined together in the stock game, even if just in the menu. The menu in Black Ops was so repetitious and obnoxious it was hard to take.

I am Xtreme
    Looks pretty good, but not ground breaking. I think any decent DX11 rig of today will handle it just fine.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Not groundbreaking?

What are you smoking. You'll need at least SLI GTX480's to max this out with good FPS.
    EVGA z68 FTW
    i7 2600k @ 4.8
    8gb DDR3 1600
    3x GTX 580 3gb HydroCopper2
    Silverstone Strider 1500W
    Areca 1880i w/ 6x intel x25m
    On water

I am Xtreme
    It doesn't look much better than Crysis 2... Proper physics, though. And maxing out... I never mentioned it.
    I gotta admit some of the other trailers of BF3 looked more impressive from a graphical PoV, though.
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    My dad is an avid Battlefield 2 player, its the only game that hes really ever played, and hes put over 2500 hours into it. When I built him a new computer back in 2009 I went with GTX285s in SLi for this very reason, and people thought I was nuts...

I might just pick up a third 285 for tri-SLi, you guys think its worth it?
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

I am Xtreme
    Not at this point, DX11 is where it's at...
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Not at this point, DX11 is where it's at...
    Good point. I have been out of the loop for quite some time...

What does DX11 have over DX10.1?
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

Xtreme Member
    I'm saving money for My new RIG, just to play this awesome Game!
    Case: HAF-X
    CPU: AMD phenom II X6 1090T@4GHz
    Motherboard: Asus CHIV formula
    GPU: 2x 6870
    RAM: Patriot Sector 5 2x4GB
    HDD: Crucial M4 256GB

Can you? On AIR
    Better? -- On AIR

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW-Raptor22 View Post
    Good point. I have been out of the loop for quite some time...

What does DX11 have over DX10.1?
    For gaming? Tessellation, mostly. Basically, performance loss free extra polygons (geometry) if done right.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, TRI SLI of 285's is still great in raw power (My brother's hand-me-down rig got my old TRI-SLI 285's set-up) and can tear through any DX9/10 games with ease, they do lack dx11 which will be needed for bf3 as well as starting to be near the minimum amount of VRAM needed these days.
    EVGA z68 FTW
    i7 2600k @ 4.8
    8gb DDR3 1600
    3x GTX 580 3gb HydroCopper2
    Silverstone Strider 1500W
    Areca 1880i w/ 6x intel x25m
    On water

Xtreme Addict
    For gaming? Tessellation, mostly. Basically, performance loss free extra polygons (geometry) if done right.
    So it essentially makes better graphical performance require less graphical horsepower by making the geometry more efficient? Thats pretty cool.
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW-Raptor22 View Post
    So it essentially makes better graphical performance require less graphical horsepower by making the geometry more efficient? Thats pretty cool.
    If it is implemented correctly. To date the tessellation implementations have more or less just been enough to be able to say that they are compliant (talking about games, not benchmarks).

Core i7 920 D0 B-batch (4.1) (Kinda Stable?) | DFI X58 T3eH8 (Fed up with its' issues, may get a new board soon) | Patriot 1600 (9-9-9-24) (for now) | XFX HD 4890 (971/1065) (for now) |
    80GB X25-m G2 | WD 640GB | PCP&C 750 | Dell 2408 LCD | NEC 1970GX LCD | Win7 Pro | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 {Modded to reverse-ATX, WC'ing internal}

CPU Loop: MCP655 > HK 3.0 LT > ST 320 (3x Scythe G's) > ST Res >Pump
    GPU Loop: MCP655 > MCW-60 > PA160 (1x YL D12SH) > ST Res > BIP 220 (2x YL D12SH) >Pump

Xtreme Member
    I can't wait for this to come out. It's the only game to come out to really be a PC title and fully take advantage of it. Cannot wait to play hundreds of hours on this.
    Watercooled Murdermod Silverstone TJ07
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3
    Intel Core i7 2600K
    8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz
    eVGA 480 GTX SLI
    8.5TB (1x Seagate 1TB 7200.12, 2x Hitachi 3TB, 1x Seagate 1.5TB 7200.11)
    Corsair AX1200 PSU All Custom Cables
    Westinghouse 24" 1920x1200
    Windows 7

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    For those who don't have a youtube account and don't want one.

http://www.youtube.com/v/0fUp4-kAQEE
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Xtreme Addict
    I just recently bought a 12gb memory kit and a Core i7 970, so I got this game on lock Will be interesting to see how the 64 bit optimizations impact performance.
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    32 GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3400 CL15 CR1
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Western Digital Raptor 600GB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner with NEC chipset
    Antec HCP-1200w Power Supply
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
    Logitech G502 gaming mouse w/Razer Exact Mat
    Logitech G910 mechanical gaming keyboard
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Banned
    Its been confirmed its going to have native 64bit executable ?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Looks like it It has been CODed.......
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Looks pretty good, but not ground breaking. I think any decent DX11 rig of today will handle it just fine.
    I would have to disagree. Graphically, this title is a significant step forward versus the games available now such as Bad Company 2, which itself looks quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcarcas View Post
    Looks like it It has been CODed.......
    In what way do you think so?
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

I am Xtreme
    Very ready for this, Cod just isn't what it once was for me at all.
    AsRock P67 Extreme4
    2500K@4.8 1.37v 24/7 EK supreme HF
    8Gb G-skill RipjawsX 1866/Cas8
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    Creative XFI titanium
    Corsair TX 850 PSU
    G-skill SSD,Boot/games
    W-D Black, storage
    Coolermaster HAF/X
    Acer 27in. 120hz

Been ready since day 1, i have played all battlefield games out there and this is just SICK... I play BFBC2 right now to kill time, but man this BF3 is gonna be pure orgasmic lovin .
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You don't need a major new rig to play this game, that type of crap annoys me. Dev's don't go around making games that only 1% can play. It play on anything decent like any other god damn game out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Well thats all a matter of opinion really. My rig in Sig is what I want and require for me to play bc2 @ 1920x1200 with dx11 max in game settings, 4x-8x AA. I shut hbao and bloom off.

I don't wanna ever see less than 85 fps in any situation and I never do. Probably closer to 100.

Will I be able to play bf3 same way on my rig? I doubt it. I see a z68 and a new quad at 4.75 and a pair of faster cards with 2gb easily to be comparable.
    Mpower Max | 4770k | H100 | 16gb Sammy 30nm 1866 | GTX780 SC | Xonar Essence Stx | BIC DV62si | ATH AD700 | 550d | AX850 | VG24QE | 840pro 256gb | 640black | 2tb | CherryReds | m60 | Func1030 |
    HEAT

85 fps is sort of picky. If that's the goal you want, that's fine, but you can't hardly fault a brand new visual blockbuster of a game for not running triple digit frame rates on max. I'd be disappointed if it weren't tough to run on existing hardware. That's how games always used to be, and that's the way I like it. I feel like they're undershooting capability when they develop something that can't take advantage of fast hardware.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    This is personal preference. It's a feel thing with shooters for me. My rig is built around bc2 and my preferences. I will do the same with bf3. Aside from messing with gpus my rig has remained intact since last march. This is a first for me. Nothing really out I like to play and bc2 is pretty demanding but it also runs awesome and looks incredible.
    Mpower Max | 4770k | H100 | 16gb Sammy 30nm 1866 | GTX780 SC | Xonar Essence Stx | BIC DV62si | ATH AD700 | 550d | AX850 | VG24QE | 840pro 256gb | 640black | 2tb | CherryReds | m60 | Func1030 |
    HEAT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast