Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NewEgg Noobs out a Record

Xtreme Member
    Ty very much Apokalipse

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Yeah AMD records aren't really all that as there aren't many people playing.

-Raja
    Kind of a FU to people who enjoy working AMD systems. You could have worded that better.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    Kind of a FU to people who enjoy working AMD systems. You could have worded that better.
    One thing reactions in this thread shows is there are a lot of people that need to get a grasp on what is important in life. It sure isn't some silly benchmark score.

You sure got a different meaning out of what you quoted then I did. There is what, less then a 10% difference in scores between the world record and a 24/7 system? There are nowhere near the number of people benching AMD at the top compared to Intel. As often happens once one reaches the plateau there isn't the incentive to push further unless somebody is beating on your backside. So with less competition AMD records are most likely less then they could be.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    One thing reactions in this thread shows is there are a lot of people that need to get a grasp on what is important in life. It sure isn't some silly benchmark score.
    Hobbies are important in life. For a lot of people, obtaining benchmark results beyond 24/7 specifications is a hobby.

But thanks for stopping by and telling us what's definitely not important in life. Fits your signature perfectly
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme News & Reviews

You sure got a different meaning out of what you quoted then I did. There is what, less then a 10% difference in scores between the world record and a 24/7 system? There are nowhere near the number of people benching AMD at the top compared to Intel. As often happens once one reaches the plateau there isn't the incentive to push further unless somebody is beating on your backside. So with less competition AMD records are most likely less then they could be.
    Everyone has a hobby or vice (something that consumes their free time and money). For me this use to be computers and still is yet I really enjoying the motorcycle trips to the mountains lately.

If we didn't have something that consumed our free time then what would we be doing? wouldn't you rather people be worried about benchmarking then selling drugs and doing other illegal activites?
    Desktop
    AMD Phenom II X2 550 (Quad Unlocked @ 3.4Ghz / 2200Mhz NB)
    Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P (F9 Bios)
    8GB (4x2GB) @ DDR2-800
    ASUS GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCUII (920/1840/2200)
    Corsair Force GT 120GB
    LSI MegaRAID 8408E (3x750 R5)
    Windows 7 x64 SP1

Cisco E2000 with DD-WRT kernel 2.6

Xtreme Addict
    So with less competition AMD records are most likely less then they could be.
    Did you see me question what he was saying or how he said it? Right, now read the posts again. He could have worded it better.

And while a silly benchmark may not matter in the long run, someone working hard to achieve a goal is. How dare you tell me what is and isn't important to me.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    Did you see me question what he was saying or how he said it? Right, now read the posts again. He could have worded it better.

And while a silly benchmark may not matter in the long run, someone working hard to achieve a goal is. How dare you tell me what is and isn't important to me.
    Actually your statement did both. I have reread several times now what I wrote and I still don't get out of it what is being implied here. There is nothing wrong with a hobby. But when it gets to the point of lying, cheating and throwing childish temper tantrums as has been done in the past and no doubt will happen again it has degenerated far from a hobby. No more trying to defend myself and I'm out of this thread. My perceived importance in life revolves around neither a benchmark score nor insuring that other keep benching. So maybe I am not capable of understanding this other point of view. Good day to all.

I am Xtreme
    You call the Formula V with 4 way SLI on the Expander board a 24/7 setup... c'mon Praz you can do beter than that ...

ASUS had to check their scores first before making this public... Sadly another fail episode in the already pretty thick book of ASUS No clue where they keep getting these ideas... some weird geniousses at the HQ

And if we weren't here, you might be doing another job right now...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Addict
    Actually your statement did both.
    I didn't disagree with what he said, the AMD bench scene is clearly smaller, but he could have expressed his meaning without being dismissive of the effort of folks like chew now couldn't he? You are saying otherwise it seems. You are wrong about my meaning and I disagree with your opinion on the subject.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    You call the Formula V with 4 way SLI on the Expander board a 24/7 setup... c'mon Praz you can do beter than that ...
    LOL. What extender.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Here's a result on a 24/7 system that isn't too far from the best in this thread. Should put these records into some kind of perspective.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1294061

Xtreme Addict
    MrMojoZ, Thanks for the replay back. Guess it is OK that we disagree?

I am Xtreme
    I'm out of this thread
    Perhaps you can enlighten the members of a car tuning forum that what they consider a hobby is definitely not important in life because:

a) silly mph/laptimes/db mean nothing.
    b) you guess you might not understand their point of view.
    c) lying and cheating has happened and will happen again.

Now repeat this for every type of enthusiast forum.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

I am Xtreme
    I compare overclocking to sports, as it is kinda a sport in itself with sponsors and everything and top players. Now take a look at how much people love their sports, it really is a lifestyle.

Xtreme Legend
    wow Praz nice going with you comments there
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    Hmm, I thought XS was better than other forums due to the lack of trolls but I guess I was wrong.
    If anyone is interested in fitness and/or nutrition hit me up if you'd like advice getting your girlish figure back I'm nearing 10 years of experience, how time flies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123