Thread: Android Tablets - Fastest in 3d?

Android Tablets - Fastest in 3d?

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help/information that I can not seem to sift through and find on Google.

I'm trying to find out what if any current Android tablets are out that compete or beat the Ipad2 in 3d/gaming performance. I develop Unity3d applications and the ipad2 is such a platform to deploy to that I'm trying to look into an Android device to test on as well. But its so hard to get a real comparison of 3d performance between the two!

I don't know a lot about the current tablet processors and graphics chips. But from what i gather the best android chip is the Tegra 2? and this is not going to surpass the A5/PowerVR apple chip? If there is something I'm missing please let me know, thanks!
    Rig:
    AMD FX8350
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
    MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3GB
    32GB Corsair Dominator 1600
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD VelociRaptor 1TB

Water Setup:
    MCP655, EK Supreme HF Cu, Swiftech MCR-320 Rad, 1/2in ID 3/4in OD Tubing

Xtreme Addict
    Look at the HTC Flyer, single core Qualcomm SOC that out performs the Tegra 2. Using the Tegra 2 in early Honeycomb tablets has really held them back performance wise.

Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 with has excellent screen, very light, and run android 3.1. The price is kinda expensive but worth every penny.

Xtreme Addict
    Would look at the CPU first as they nearly all perform the same. Then the rest of the hardware. IE Tegra2 is tegra2 no matter what device its pretty close.
    Asus P8P67 | intel 2600k @ 4.4Ghz 1.265v | 16GB Ram | Zotac GTX 680 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD OS | 3TB RAID0 media partition | Ceton CableCard tuner | Seasonic X650

Laptop Alienware m17R3, 16GB, Radeon 6990m