Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Performance preview of AMD LIano vs Intel Sandy Bridge @ ocworkbench

Xtreme Member

Performance preview of AMD LIano vs Intel Sandy Bridge @ ocworkbench

I don`t know if this is repost...

http://en.ocworkbench.com/tech/compu...-sandy-bridge/

If true, very nice.

3550 in the range of current Phenom II X4s, and that's only a 65W part. The full 100W part is the 3550P and that should be faster still. Disregarding 3DMark of course.

Xtreme Addict
    that does not look good to me. winning in one benchmark, and losing in another? THIS is the culmination of purchasing ATI and a handful of years working on AMD Fusion? I'm fairly skeptical these are real

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by bamtan2 View Post
    that does not look good to me. winning in one benchmark, and losing in another? THIS is the culmination of purchasing ATI and a handful of years working on AMD Fusion? I'm fairly skeptical these are real
    It won 3dmark and lost in pcmark,which is expected.Why,did you expect Llano to have faster CPU cores than SB and slower GPU than SB?
    Everything is fine,overall the chip is a better fusion-type processor(for all-in-one systems).It offers really good CPU performance and discrete class GPU performance with Crossfire-X added bonus.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    It won 3dmark and lost in pcmark,which is expected.Why,did you expect Llano to have faster CPU cores than SB and slower GPU than SB?
    Everything is fine,overall the chip is a better fusion-type processor(for all-in-one systems).It offers really good CPU performance and discrete class GPU performance with Crossfire-X added bonus.
    I dunno man these numbers look nothing but bad. the CPU performance is not great. I take these numbers with a grain of salt but this would make sense as to why they have rumored to have pushed it back the launch due to low performance...

i hope this slide is wrong...
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] hipno650 View Post
    I dunno man these numbers look nothing but bad. the CPU performance is not great. I take these numbers with a grain of salt but this would make sense as to why they have rumored to have pushed it back the launch due to low performance...

This is Llano performance and Llano isn't Bulldozer.

Llano is just a Phenom2 with a 160-400SP IGP. Bulldozer is the next architecture and is at least a month away (and has murmurs of delay)

EDIT: Llano has no L3, right? I guess that makes it more of an Athlon2 with an on-die IGP. So, destined to not be a very good CPU.
    Last edited by Vapor; 05-30-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: edit

Xtreme Member
    Those are slightly improved Athlons in there, and the 3550 is a 65W TDP part. That contains the highest binned GPU. 3550P is a 100W TDP part and all the extra power will go in the CPU, that will surely boost that PC Mark score.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    [XC] hipno650

You see everything as bad and don't take in consideration what are the aims of this Fusion. Want pure performance? Zambesi is that cpu.

Most OEM's intel pc's that sell at the same price as Llano-based will only feature HD2000 graphics(i3/i5) wich is worse than HD3000. In the same combo Llano + HD6550. Non-Enthusiast people will not find differences between Llano/SB/Zambesi but they surely find differences in that GPU.

So for avg joe Llano is a better option than SB + IGP or Zambesi + IGP (to be the same HD4200 / 880G).

Maybe in your little world people care about cpu above everything else, but 95% care about the whole package.

The same goes for Fusion Trinity, it won't try to compete with high end Komodo (10cores/5modules). 2module/4cores are plenty enough to Fusion's target market.
    Last edited by Nintendork; 05-30-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz @1.1125v | Foxconn A7DA-S (790GX) | 2x2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066
    | Gigabyte HD4770 | Seagate 7200.12 3x1TB | Samsung F4 HD204UI 2x2TB | LG H10N | OCZ StealthXStream 500w| Coolermaster Hyper 212+ | Compaq MV740 17"

Stock HSF: 18°C idle / 37°C load (15°C ambient)
    Hyper 212+: 16°C idle / 29°C load (15°C ambient)

Why AMD Radeon rumors/leaks "are not always accurate"
    Reality check

Xtreme Addict
    Anyone else think this is going to just be a huge waste of time for AMD?
    Does anyone really care if their crappy integrated graphics are on chip or on mobo. I see how upgrading your cpu and gpu would be a great idea just 1 thing to upgrade. But now it's like buy top of the line CPU and you have a GPU with the performance of a $60 video card Good thing everything is still using DX9.
    Seems like a whole lot of time wasted when they could be spending it on getting back to performing clock for clock with intel.
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

it shows the power of the IGP and the lack of cpu single thread power on the amd chips. but the 2600k dose like 3.8ghz with turbo and the top liano is like 2.6 with turbo that is out now (or that u can get)

Quote Originally Posted by Glow9 View Post
    Does anyone really care if their crappy integrated graphics are on chip or on mobo. I see how upgrading your cpu and gpu would be a great idea just 1 thing to upgrade. But now it's like buy top of the line CPU and you have a GPU with the performance of a $60 video card Good thing everything is still using DX9.
    Seems like a whole lot of time wasted when they could be spending it on getting back to performing clock for clock with intel.
    your not the market, for laptops and cheap desktops making this is amazing since its on a $100 or less chip, and amd has the BD for people who get an card. its more like a $100 card but the cpu dose not cost much more. the IGP in it is enough to play "nextgen" games and it will be on everything with an amd chipset, so its great for gaming and software devs. also this is a 2.6ghz chip with turbo v a 3.8ghz with turbo what do u expect.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 05-30-2011 at 07:35 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Nerdy Powerlifter
    So it takes a 6 and 8 core to beat a dualcore w/ HT?

Gpu is something I don't care about unless I'm on a laptop, but that's not the topic here...

I was hoping we'd see something better.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Addict

I do take this results in a highly welcome manner, I actually thought llano was not going to perform like it is, absolutely brilliant!

btw you're mixing Llano and BD as described a few posts above

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post

Gpu is something I don't care about unless I'm on a laptop, but that's not the topic here...

Lolz A8 and A6, both are quad cores. You maybe got confused by the names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    it shows the power of the IGP and the lack of cpu single thread power on the amd chips. but the 2600k dose like 3.8ghz with turbo and the top liano is like 2.6 with turbo that is out now (or that u can get)
    Seems you're confused. Is it that difficult to inform yourself a bit before posting?

Llano A8 ~ Quad core
    Llano A6 ~ Quad core
    Llano A4 ~ Dual core
    Llano E2 ~ Dual Core

AMD FX8000 ~ 4module/8 core
    AMD FX6000 ~ 3module/6 core
    AMD FX4000 ~ 2module/4 core

The Llano that reaches 2.6Ghz with Turbo is a mobile part

Love reading the nonsense.
    Last edited by Nintendork; 05-30-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz @1.1125v | Foxconn A7DA-S (790GX) | 2x2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066
    | Gigabyte HD4770 | Seagate 7200.12 3x1TB | Samsung F4 HD204UI 2x2TB | LG H10N | OCZ StealthXStream 500w| Coolermaster Hyper 212+ | Compaq MV740 17"

Reality check

Xtreme Cruncher

As others mentioned ,this is Llano,a mainstream Fusion CPU for mobile and desktop.It's slightly improved phenom II with Radeon integrated on the same die.Results are actually quite good in PCmark also,since SandyBridge nails this test (faster than 990x too,the test is not well threaded and appreciates high clock and ipc). Llano is posting similar scores to top of the line Thuban/Deneb. That's is great for a 65W part .

No,the model numbers(A8,A6,A4) don't represent the number of cores.Top model "A8 somethingsomething" is a quad core at xx.xxGhz with 400SP Radeon on die.These are all dual and quad core Fusion CPUs.Read the above response to hipno650.
    Last edited by informal; 05-30-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If the A8-3550 is the 65W part, this is amazing enough.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by qcmadness View Post
    If the A8-3550 is the 65W part, this is amazing enough.
    Yeah,3550(without the "P") should be 65W part.This chart summarizes the lineup:

I don't know about the 1866Mhz dram speed support though. But for 65W part,a score of 6600 in pcmark vantage is awesome. 3560P in turn should have higher turbo core clock and may even come closer to SB in this rather uninteresting test.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    We need a cinebench11.x64 Llano test ASAP.

Reality check

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    It won 3dmark and lost in pcmark,which is expected.
    you make a good point. people will have to evaluate this new balance. but I hope for AMD's sake they dont come in with a chip that loses in half the benchmarks.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you make a good point. people will have to evaluate this new balance. but I hope for AMD's sake they dont come in with a chip that loses in half the benchmarks.
    A little bit surprisingly, Llano is in fact a mobile-orientated chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendork View Post
    Seems you're confused. Is it that difficult to inform yourself a bit before posting?

Llano A8 ~ Quad core
    Llano A6 ~ Quad core
    Llano A4 ~ Dual core
    Llano E2 ~ Dual Core

AMD FX8000 ~ 4module/8 core
    AMD FX6000 ~ 3module/6 core
    AMD FX4000 ~ 2module/4 core

The Llano that reaches 2.6Ghz with Turbo is a mobile part

Love reading the nonsense.
    1) PCMV is all about single thread speed and storage but im assuming the same storage.
    2) i guess that is the mobile but i dont see why they have the same number if they are clocked differently, and i will bet that it is not a 3.8ghz chip with trubo. the max i would think would be 3.2ghz with turbo but i would say its a 2.6-2.8ghz chip as thats about what a phenom dose in 3dmV with a lower mid card
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow9 View Post
    You might be on your own with that one.

With Intel having the process advantage and waaaay more resources (ie. money), it's hard to compete head on. So they try to differentiate their products to make them desirable, despite lacking in CPU area.

What you need to realize too is, with such IGP they are not crap anymore. That's ~500GFLOPs on tap to use. Can the competition do that?

Xtreme Addict
    Impossible to compare without knowing the system used . it's really difficult to compare a mobile version with a desktop one.... chipset, system hardware and motherboard will make a lot of difference, specially if thoes test have been performed on a laptop .. and this can explain this pc mark vantage score . a comparaison with a system using a 2620M will be more accurate .
    Last edited by Lanek; 05-30-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Addict
    I would love to see these bad boys in a netbook level of size. 7" with those graphic processing power would be great and high battery life.

All systems sold. Will be back after Sandy Bridge!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanek View Post
    Impossible to compare without knowing the system used . it's really difficult to compare a mobile version with a desktop one.... chipset, system hardware and motherboard will make a lot of difference, specially if thoes test have been performed on a laptop .. and this can explain this pc mark vantage score . a comparaison with a system using a 2620M will be more accurate .
    The Llano models in this test are desktop parts,the mobile parts have a M or MX sufix.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast