Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best WB for GTX580?

Xtreme Member

Best WB for GTX580?

What would be the best WB for a GTX580 reference?
    I am looking at the Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ GTX580/570 "Hole Edition" but was hoping someone could help me?
    I have the watercool heatkiller 3.0 for my sandybridge and love and was hoping their GPU range is just as good.
    Thanks.

Banned
    good choice ,that block did well in testing
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=262937
    if this is just single card solution ..aquagraFX also looks good

Chasing After Diety
    koolance.

Has the one of the best customer support out of all the companies.
    Has the one of the best nickle plating jobs so far... undisputed.
    Has the easiest RMA.
    Gives great temps.

But they are one of the most expensive.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    koolance.

Has the one of the best customer support out of all the companies.
    Has the one of the best nickle plating jobs so far... undisputed.
    Has the easiest RMA.
    Gives great temps.

But they are one of the most expensive.
    I don't think nickel is on OP's mind but have to admit, koolance and aquagraFX
    looks solid in that department

Question Please excuse me for butting in..

Has anyone got any results on what the blocks are like with a screen shot of their temps etc?

I'm currently looking to buy a few 580's (3Gb versions) but I'm a bit stuck on which GPU and block to buy.

I'm looking at the EVGA card which costs £460, but for their water blocked version they are asking £630!! Surely a water block doesnt cost that much does it??

Banned
    Voting for aquagrafix

i have the heatkiller on my gtx570(same as for gtx 580) and it looks great and performs great!the only other option i ever truly considered was aquagrafx because it's just an amazing waterblock with killer looks.The only inconvenience with it was the fact that you have to use thermal paste on the memory when mounting instead of thermalpads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HeatKiller.jpg 
Views:	760 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	114706  

Xtreme Member
    Aquagrafx gets my vote, I love mine :

How do you think these after market blocks compare to EVGA's own block guys?

From what I remember the EVGA was quite bad on VRM cooling!Gpu wise the temps were similar to the competition(or not very far off)- my bad ...that was on gtx 480!sry again
    Last edited by NewBreed; 05-29-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I would go with the aquagrafx. Only other brand I would consider is heatkiller.
    Gaming Setup
    Intel X3440
    Gigabyte H55n USB3
    2x4gb Mushkin 996999
    EVGA GTX 580
    Silverstone Sugo SG-05
    Corsair H60 w/ Push/Pull AP15s
    Seasonic SS-560KM 560w

Xtreme Addict
    Koolance for service, Aquagrafx for looks.
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Mentor
    XSPC for bang for buck value. I used their FC on mine GTX460's when I had them and they were surprising great and looked pretty good.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Guru
    bundymania: only temp-wise best, i assume? How are things with flow restriction?

Banned
    as for swiftech block ,don't have the data but as far as i know it's one of the more restrictive blocks out there
    test results of GTX 480
    courtesy of Bundymania and skeenee
    NOTE; there are some changes made to EK blocks (micro-fin instead of wave) and swiftech block,this is just rough idea what you can expect from the new 580 blocks

Last edited by coolhandluke41; 05-29-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    If those results from the 480s carry through to the 580s, Koolance looking like best flow/temp tradeoff.
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Guru
    coolhandluke41: linked data of yours is for 480 FCs, not 580. IIRC several vendors made few changes/improvements to blocks, don't know if it's right to extrapolate performance from this test. And even if we look at performance of 480 blocks, imho it's better to link skinneelabs's test (p3(flow), p4(temps)), as more thoroughful one and showing temps for VRM as well.
    Last edited by Church; 05-29-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    coolhandluke41: linked data of yours is for 480 FCs, not 580. IIRC several vendors made few changes/improvements to blocks, don't know if it's right to extrapolate performance from this test. And even if we look at performance of 480 blocks, imho it's better to link skinneelabs's test (p3(flow), p4(temps)), as more thoroughful one and showing temps for VRM as well.
    I'm not aware of 580 comparison as of right now ,the GTX 480 and 580 blocks are pretty much the same so you can also compare their performance. There should be almost no difference. Test/data is from bundymania review ,i will edit make a note of it
    Thank you
    P.S. BTW skinneelabs's test looks very similar
    Last edited by coolhandluke41; 05-29-2011 at 07:54 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke41 View Post
    I'm not aware of 580 comparison as of right now ,the GTX 480 and 580 blocks are pretty much the same so you can also compare their performance. There should be almost no difference.
    The cooling area design of new EK blocks makes them significantly more restrictive compared to the older blocks.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    The cooling area design of new EK blocks makes them significantly more restrictive compared to the older blocks.
    you are correct
    see "note" in my post

Xtreme Guru
    IIRC Naekuh mentioned Koolance changing something too.
    With differences that little for some of the blocks, even smaller changes may totally change order of performance in subsequent versions. That's why it's much harder to suggest something based on different version block test.

But in general, they all will show adequate cooling, so it's more upto individual look preferences/likes.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    But in general, they all will show adequate cooling, so it's more upto individual look preferences/likes...
    ... pricing, and possible issues.
    I totally agree.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Well since I cant really understand the price difference from that of the standard EVGA card to the one with a pre fixed water block on it, it looks like I'll have to get the AquaComputer block as that does look rather nice I think I might try having a look for the silver one

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for all of the help and advice.
    I went ahead and ordered the watercool block after seeing the image posted above.
    The watercool stuff has a real weight and quality feel and has never let me down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast