Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Build Log] Schuhart's Jar

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Tinypic has been giving me hell. I have no idea how to use flicker to simply link to a picture.

Anyways.... ASRock p67 Extreme4 is RMA'd.... Here's what I'm replacing it with:

Sorry for the pic size guys. Tinypic fails about 95% of the time when I upload a file. I'm not resizing lol. Anyways, the board is amazing. I'm running 4.9ghz (still have to figure out how to get 5ghz stable). I'll need to find another project to use my Extreme4 for.

I also wanted to post a pic of the I/O shield plate; it's insulated!

I'll take some more pics when I have a chance. I should be getting my new video cards this week, so I'll post pics then. I don't feel like moving the rig back and forth for pics since it's running.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Banned
    http://imageshack.us/
    copy/paste "forum link"

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Update!

Got a few new things in!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TWO GTX 570 Twin Frozr III and Samsung 64gb SSD (for another project).
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Alright, so I have the cards in, but the 3way sli bridge will not work in the configuration I want:

This is what I actually wanted to do:

The first card was hitting 102C in Metro 2033. I need 1 slot worth of space. I'll be ordering an SLI bridge tonight.

I also purchased a lampron touch. I absolutely love this thing. I wanted the Aquaero x5, but for my needs, I just wanted to control fan speed. I have big fingers and this touch screen is super easy to use and fast.

I also have more work to do. There's no cable management so far, so I'll have to spend an hour or two tidying it up:
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Xtreme Guru
    Don't know if it's lights, but tubing seems looking bad / not too clear. Maybe it's worth to use some colored one eg. black? And do you have to use those 90deg fittings on res? Some pre-bent with hot water and spring tubing won't work there?

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Yeah, the masterleeker tubing is not super clear. I wasn't sure what to get. I needed 16/10mm tubing and it was easier to order this stuff.

I just wanted to shiny copper finish throughout. I just think it looks nicer. I might end up replacing the tubing, but not anytime soon. I really don't feel like breaking the loop down. Bleeding the res was a real pain.

Can you recommened any good tubing? Tygon perhaps?
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Xtreme Member
    WC the vga cards too bro :>
    dual 360 rads on lianli A05NB worklog : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=259066

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    Yeah, the masterleeker tubing is not super clear. I wasn't sure what to get. I needed 16/10mm tubing and it was easier to order this stuff.

I just wanted to shiny copper finish throughout. I just think it looks nicer. I might end up replacing the tubing, but not anytime soon. I really don't feel like breaking the loop down. Bleeding the res was a real pain.

Can you recommened any good tubing? Tygon perhaps?
    All clear tubing will cloud up.
    I'd say use black or maybe white tubing to bring out the shiny copper
    Gigabyte z68 UD3
    2600k @ stock
    8Gb G Skill
    2x eVGA GTX 680 @ stock
    Intel 320 80Gb
    Intel 320 120Gb x2
    Intel 320 160Gb x2

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by hillywav View Post
    WC the vga cards too bro :>
    I'd like to, but not enough money. I can't justify spending really anymore. I made one last big purchase and that's basically all I can spend, lol. I actually wanted these cards to be on air.

Maybe I'll do WCing cards next time... the cost is just so high.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolslave View Post
    All clear tubing will cloud up.
    I'd say use black or maybe white tubing to bring out the shiny copper
    The white would look nice, although it wouldn't fit with the theme of the board (black and red). The ASRock would look sweet w/ white tubing though.

Maybe I'll use nano XP to make the water milky white? That has crossed my mind a few times.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Xtreme Member
    universal VGA kinda cheap today.. come on lol
    dual 360 rads on lianli A05NB worklog : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=259066

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Here's the reason I didn't WC the cards. I wanted to spend my money here instead!

I need to organize my desk better,but its ok for now. Fitting two 30" monsters is difficult. I may wallmount them when all is said and done.

I need to do some wire management and maybe get some dye, not sure yet.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    Here's the reason I didn't WC the cards. I wanted to spend my money here instead!
    very smart. Beer and milk is important
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Nerdy Powerlifter
    It's actually NO-Xplode w/ water.

That's good beer though. I had a bottle of Krostrizer, but I drank that, so had to bring out my second fav.

Last edited by [XC] Synthetickiller; 06-12-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Here's a little wire management I finally got around to doing. Not the best, but never claimed to be!

(I did plug in that other moxel after taking the shot, don't worry.)

Here's a shot of the inside. Almost done. I need to paint the Bluray drive.

That extra moxel went to my now half dead Lamptron FC Touch. RMAing tomorrow.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I finally finished the build. I'll be taking a few pics later to show you how it looks.

I was also thinking of buying some dye for the water. I am not sure if I even should bother or what type. The white milk looking nano fluid XP was on my mind. I just don't know yet.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

and we are still waiting them.... lol
    Raidmax ATOMIC - Core i7 3770s + Corsair H70 // Gigabyte H77N WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 2133mhz // EVGA GTX1060 ACX2.0// Kingston SUV400 480Gb // Sharkoon SFX500L

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I finally got around to taking pics.

I also decided to weigh the case. I knew it was heavy. The cause is not easy to carry, despite having a hole in the back. It weighs 57.8 lbs, about 25.25 kg!

Here's what you've been waiting for:

Here's my helper, who's usually behind the scenes.

I have no idea how she can sit on the portch all day. It's well over 100F out there!

Well, that's it, project over. Well, not quite. I am considering adding dye to the loop. Still not sure.

Have a happy 4th of July everyone!
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Technician
    Nice build dude . Rad at the bottom looks a tight fit!

Know what you mean about the dye - you need to do something to hide the discoloured tube. Everything else matches in really well. Looks almost stock

Technician
    Nice build dude . Rad at the bottom looks a tight fit!

Know what you mean about the dye - you need to do something to hide the discoloured tube. Everything else matches in really well. Looks almost stock

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I lucked out with the blue cables matching the blue SLI bridges. I figured I have 2, why not use both!?

That's masterleeker tubing. Don't buy that. I can't believe they even sell it. Oh well.

I'm still thinking white nano fluid XP as it should really stop any cloudy look. A translucent dye might just look as bad.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Technician
    How about use some of that braid and sleeve the tubing? May fit in quite well with your build too.

I use Masterkleer black/uv blue and the plasticiser literally pours out of it. XSPC tubing (only used UV orange but theyre likely all the same) has been the best ive used for low leeching.

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    looks good bro!
    if your gona get new tube just get the primoflex. its awesome and mine stayed clear for more than a year. untill i tore down to upgrade

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I've been benching my rig. Finally maxed it out w/ safe settings.

3DMark11 Performance: 12511

I'm beating 1366 hexcores w/ dual 5970s.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2187156_...70_12511_marks
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12