Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

Xtreme X.I.P.

ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

This thread will be used to provide official support for ASUS Z68 chipset motherboards. Share your experience, tips tricks and place support/technical queries in this thread please.

BIOS 0501 is due to go up soon, this will be for all current Z68 motherboards (P8Z68-V, Pro, Deluxe).

The fix-list is as follows.

1. Update RAID OPROM to version 10.5.0.1034 to enable the support of Intel Rapid Storage Technology version 10.5.0.1026
    2. Allow adjustment of Turbo Ratio for the K series CPU regardless of the status of the C-STATE option.

Note: For proper operation, please ensure to update Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 10.5.0.1026 before enabling Intel Smart Response Technology.
    Update procedure for users needing Intel Smart Response Technology:

(1) Enter OS, and ensure Intel Smart Response Technology has been turned off under Intel Rapid Storage Technology interface.
    (2) Install version Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 10.5.0.1026.
    (3) Reboot the system, and update BIOS to version 0501, then reboot.
    (5) Enter the BIOS setup screen, press F5 to load BIOS default, then change the Intel SATA Port to RAID mode.
    (4) Boot into OS, and re-enable Intel Smart Response Technology under Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

Lucid have also released a new beta Virtu driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6cohyipli8vmgc8/Virtu.rar

Lucid Virtu changes include: Support HTML 5.0 & Bug fixing in supported games

As always please ensure you have the latest Intel Chipset, LAN and Management Engine Interface drivers loaded along with AI Suite II or ROG Connect utilities.

Intel INF Update 1030 -
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DownloadType=

Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Update 1065 -
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...72&FamilyId=36

Intel LAN Driver Update 16.2
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...Z68DB&lang=eng

Intel RST 1027
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...Z68DB&lang=eng

Marvell & JMicron (SATA Drivers)
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...V+PRO&p=1&s=39
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 05-26-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Perhaps it's time to start the step by step to OCing the Z68 series like it was done with the P67 series.
    Asus Rampage II Gene, Xeon W3550 D0 Mushkin PC3-2000 6GB, BFG 9600GT OC 512MB DDR3
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe 1.01G, AMD A64 4000+, 2x1GB Ultra PC-3200, EVGA 7600GT 256MB DDR3
    Asus MA378-T with AMD Athlon 64 X2 7850
    ECS 945GCT-M/1333 v3.0, Intel Celeron E1400, MSI 8500GT 256MB DDR3
    BIOStar P4M900-M7 Rev. 7.0, Intel Celeron 440, 1GB Kingston, 6600LE
    Gigabyte M61PME-S2P with AMD Athlon 64 LE-1660, EVGA 8500GT 1GB DDR2

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcniest5 View Post
    Perhaps it's time to start the step by step to OCing the Z68 series like it was done with the P67 series.
    I will post something up over at ROG next week (no real differences on OCing on Z68, apart from the iGPU).

-Raja

Xtreme Member
    Got a Z68 Pro as a replacement for my P67 Evo and all is working fine. Set the bios just as before and have 4.5Ghz stable, can't bother to try further for now.
    Mine came with bios 0221, release is supposed to be 0441 and now there is beta 8801, any reason to upgrade the bios?
    P8Z68 Pro
    2600k@4.5 NH-14
    8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
    GTX 570 SLI
    Windows 7 x64
    1x Corsair F115 SSD
    WD Black 2T Raid 0
    Xfi Titanium PciX

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nano2k View Post
    Got a Z68 Pro as a replacement for my P67 Evo and all is working fine. Set the bios just as before and have 4.5Ghz stable, can't bother to try further for now.
    Mine came with bios 0221, release is supposed to be 0441 and now there is beta 8801, any reason to upgrade the bios?
    Hi,

8801 contains a fix for RST compatibility with SRT when using onboard graphics. So upgrade if that applies to you.

-Raja

Xtreme Cruncher
    not sure if this applies to this thread, but when will the Maxiumus IV Gene-Z launch? and will there be a mini-ITX Z68 mobo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Not sure if it's the right place for this, but my new Z68V-Pro has issues with the sleep function. Very odd behavior, as it appears to power on when I push a key on my KB or move my mouse, but the monitors stay off and none of the lights come up on the mouse and KB. I then have to power the system down, but when I turn it back on, it runs through its bios stages and resumes where I left off, like it was in hibernation [made sure that was turned off].

Now, I didn't do a clean install on this new setup, I just brought all of my HDDs and SSDs over from my previous build, could this perhaps have something to do with the funky behavior? It worked flawlessly before, now I'm really confused as I've scoured for answers with no results. Thanks!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by hieuhef View Post
    but when I turn it back on, it runs through its bios stages and resumes where I left off, like it was in hibernation [made sure that was turned off].
    Not a solution to your problem but the board is resuming like that because the power plan is set to use Hybrid sleep in Windows.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Will this chipset support ivy bridge?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Not a solution to your problem but the board is resuming like that because the power plan is set to use Hybrid sleep in Windows.
    Hybrid Sleep is set to off, was the first thing I checked as it was similar to booting from a hibernation state. I left my PC on before going to work to do some folding, and I come back to it probably BSODing instead of going to sleep because it says Windows was shut down improperly. Weird.

EDIT:

Reverted to optimized settings in the BIOS, seems to have fixed the issue.
    Last edited by hieuhef; 05-24-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any fix for the CPU fan error on the Asus P8Z68-V Pro when no fan is connected to the CPU fan header in the motherboard? I water cool, so I don't need a fan. I tried setting it to ignore in the BIOS and also disabling the error warning, but nothing helped. The error kept popping up. With the CPU fan error warning set to disable in the BIOS I was able to boot into Windows, but the error still pops up when booting the PC.
    Intel i7 3770K @4.7GHz (1.224v) | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 8GB Samsung DDR3-1866 | EVGA GTX 780 Classified
    Corsair HX850 | X-Fi Titanium HD | ATCS 840 Black

Apogee XT | DDC-2 w/ XSPC Top | XSPC RX360

Xtreme Addict
    This issue is sorted for P67 boards so Im not sure why it exists for Z68.. Either way, ASUS knows about this and it will likely be fixed in an upcoming BIOS release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makubex_GB View Post
    Any fix for the CPU fan error on the Asus P8Z68-V Pro when no fan is connected to the CPU fan header in the motherboard? I water cool, so I don't need a fan. I tried setting it to ignore in the BIOS and also disabling the error warning, but nothing helped. The error kept popping up. With the CPU fan error warning set to disable in the BIOS I was able to boot into Windows, but the error still pops up when booting the PC.
    What about OC Tuner tweaking for 2500k Raja? Is this coming? As you probably know OC Tuner is not always giving enough voltage for 2500k. The oc is too aggressive or the voltage supplied is too low. This is for both P67 and Z68.
    Last edited by Eldonko; 05-25-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
    What about OC Tuner tweaking for 2500k Raja? Is this coming? As you probably know OC Tuner is not always giving enough voltage for 2500k. The oc is too aggressive or the voltage supplied is too low. This is for both P67 and Z68.
    How much is the voltage off by and how many samples have you tested that this happens to?

-Raja

Xtreme Addict
    2 chips tested with OC Tuner:
    2600k: 103 x 43, 1.304v (stable)
    2500k: 103 x 42, 1.224v (not stable)

As you can see the OC on the 2500k (4326Mhz) is too aggressive for 1.224v. I understand 1 unstable chip is hardly saying there is a major issue when you guys binned probably hundreds but it does say that the algorithm or whatever may need slight tweaking.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme X.I.P.
    2 chips tested with OC Tuner:
    2600k: 103 x 43, 1.304v (stable)
    2500k: 103 x 42, 1.224v (not stable)

As you can see the OC on the 2500k (4326Mhz) is too aggressive for 1.224v. I understand 1 unstable chip is hardly saying there is a major issue when you guys binned probably hundreds but it does say that the algorithm or whatever may need slight tweaking.
    It's not something I've had reported back a lot - but usually I tell people to offset the voltage a bit themselves as the processors are too variable to get it bang on all-round.

-Raja

Xtreme Member
    Arg, the sleep issue is back! Googled 'P8z68 sleep' and the first link shows someone posing the question 'I wonder if "sleep" works. My friend also stated his sleep/hibernation function on his p6t [x58] never worked properly and is a reason he doesn't even bother using it.

It was working when I reverted to optimized settings, the only things I changed was in the AI Tweak area of the BIOS to OC [46x100@1.355].

[edit]

I've confirmed that it definitely only does this when I OC, as stock clocks retain the ability to come out of sleep in a normal manner.
    Last edited by hieuhef; 05-25-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Yep i only changed overclock settings on mine and sleep is not working anymore.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    P8Z68 Pro
    2600k@4.5 NH-14
    8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
    GTX 570 SLI
    Windows 7 x64
    1x Corsair F115 SSD
    WD Black 2T Raid 0
    Xfi Titanium PciX

Xtreme Addict
    Change internal pll overvoltage from auto to disabled.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Change internal pll overvoltage from auto to disabled.
    You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Now I have to ask, what if I wanted to go with some insane OCs? Don't I need to enable a high PLL to get into the 5ghz club?

I am Xtreme
    if you have a good chip, not required... we can bench up to 5.2-5.4Ghz without PLL (depending on the CPU)
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Updated first post:

BIOS 0501 is due to go up soon, this will be for all current Z68 motherboards (P8Z68-V, Pro, Deluxe).

The fix-list is as follows.

1. Update RAID OPROM to version 10.5.0.1034 to enable the support of Intel Rapid Storage Technology version 10.5.0.1026
    2. Allow adjustment of Turbo Ratio for the K series CPU regardless of the status of the C-STATE option.

Note: For proper operation, please ensure to update Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 10.5.0.1026 before enabling Intel Smart Response Technology.
    Update procedure for users needing Intel Smart Response Technology:

(1) Enter OS, and ensure Intel Smart Response Technology has been turned off under Intel Rapid Storage Technology interface.
    (2) Install version Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 10.5.0.1026.
    (3) Reboot the system, and update BIOS to version 0501, then reboot.
    (5) Enter the BIOS setup screen, press F5 to load BIOS default, then change the Intel SATA Port to RAID mode.
    (4) Boot into OS, and re-enable Intel Smart Response Technology under Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

Lucid have also released a new beta Virtu driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6cohyipli8vmgc8/Virtu.rar

Lucid Virtu changes include: Support HTML 5.0 & Bug fixing in supported games

Xtreme Addict
    Cool thanks Raja. Any Virtu support for 270.61 yet?
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Cool thanks Raja. Any Virtu support for 270.61 yet?
    I will have to ask HQ and that won't be til tomorrow as it is late in Tw.

-Raja

Xtreme Addict
    Could someone clear up switching between internal and discrete graphics for me.. is it possible on, say a P8Z68-V Pro, to use internal and discrete graphics independently? Running 2d and dxva on internal and running 3d at the same time on a discrete card? I'm running folding on a GTX580 and an additional G210 for desktop, question is if I could leave out the G210 when using the internal GPU of my 2600k?!? When and if both GPUs can be used concurrently.
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    Could someone clear up switching between internal and discrete graphics for me.. is it possible on, say a P8Z68-V Pro, to use internal and discrete graphics independently? Running 2d and dxva on internal and running 3d at the same time on a discrete card? I'm running folding on a GTX580 and an additional G210 for desktop, question is if I could leave out the G210 when using the internal GPU of my 2600k?!? When and if both GPUs can be used concurrently.
    You can enable both IGPU and DGPU in BIOS and load the drivers for them in Windows. Virtu is supposed to allow this type of usage scenario - though I personally have not tried it (am busy with AMD at present).

-Raja
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast