Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Bulldozer and Llano Pricing Revealed

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skratch View Post
    you are troll baiting me and I have done nothing but talk about the topic at hand.
    No you're talking crap about future intel products beating imminent AMD products, with nothing except "it's intel" as justification.

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    Now that Perkam mentioned the slide wombat posted,I don't share the enthusiasm of some posters about 3.6-3.8Ghz clock speeds for 8C. It would be great,but let's be a bit more realistic ,shall we?
    As for QC Zambezi,maybe a speed in line with current X4s,around 3.4Ghz + turbo .At least that is what I expect.
    I actually meant surprised in a positive sense, but if you're expecting 4Ghz, yes you will be disappointed, unless you count Turbo Core.

I actually find it quite exciting for there to be, at the very least, no drop in clock rates in going from latest revisions of Phenom X4 to the first revision of Bulldozer, which is I found the clockspeeds to be absolutely great.

It's going to give some good improvements over Phenom in most tests, which is very exciting to me. Can't really understand how this wouldn't be the case for everyone.
    Last edited by perkam; 05-21-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skratch View Post
    What are you talking about?

ps yes Im an over clocker,when did xtremesystems turn into the apple forum?

and when did I mention anything about overclocking to begin with
    See..? You repeat yourself when called upon to understand said archetecture. Exact same answer ("what is this, an apple forum")...

Again, you have failed to demonstrate you understand archetectual differences, & just seem to yell "intel" as your answer for everything (because ur an OC).

Are you not embarrased?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    please people with sanity, don't feed the trolls, just report them to the authority as you see it. Responding to them is exhausting, it's like trying to paint over water, useless.

Xtreme Member
    Come on, that argument isn't gonna cut it. Either company can cram as many cores into a given area till the cows come home, or at least until u cant cool it anymore. The winner will allways be the fastest single thread/core company. Thats been INTC and will be for the forseeable future. Again, if BD was an INTC killer, we'd know about it already.

RussC

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShader View Post
    This isn't marketing talk, the same is true for Intel. They do 10 core chips now, are you able to afford one? I am not.
    My Rig
    PII955-C2 3.8GHz, 2.5MHz NB
    GSkill 2x2GB DDR3-2400@900MHz
    M4A87T Antec 900 Case, Custom Mods x5Fans
    Custom Water Cooling: 15x12 3-Core Radiator
    4xSunon 4.5W Fans, DD12V-D5 Laing Variable Pump
    DD MC-TDX Water Block
    700W OZC ModX Power Supply
    GB HD6970OC2 Video Card
    2x150GB Raptor Raid

Xtreme Member
    I could have sworn this went down exactly the same in the other Zambezi thread. Yeesh, don't people get tired of rehashing the same arguments over and over?

Xtreme Cruncher
    MSI OC Genie II support on upcoming AMD 9-Series mainboards

MSI is pleased to announce that OC Genie II on the upcoming MSI AMD 9-series mainboards will support world’s most advanced automatic overclocking. With just the a single push of a button OC Genie II not only increases your processor and memory speeds, it also unlocks up to 8 CPU cores. This makes OC Genie II the simplest option to increase your performance on a MSI AMD 9-series mainboard up to 250%. MSI’s upcoming AMD 9-series mainboards are built to the highest quality standards: MIL-STD-810G certified Military Class II Components. Military Class II components give you the best efficiency and highest performance on the upcoming AMD 9-series mainboards.

MSI’s 25 years of knowledge in mainboards and over clocking has delivered some remarkable results. With the world’s first overclockable mainboard, which was a 80286, to the simplest ease for end-users to upgrade their PC performance up to 250% with a simple push of a button.

OC Genie II performs these tasks with a single push of the button:

- Unlock hidden CPU cores

- Adjust CPU clocks (up to 8)
    - Adjust CPU multiplier
    - Adjust CPU voltage
    - Adjust memory speed
    - Adjust memory voltage.
    Link
    Unlock FX4110 to 6110/8110?

Quote Originally Posted by RussC View Post
    Come on, that argument isn't gonna cut it. Either company can cram as many cores into a given area till the cows come home, or at least until u cant cool it anymore. The winner will allways be the fastest single thread/core company. Thats been INTC and will be for the forseeable future. Again, if BD was an INTC killer, we'd know about it already.

RussC
    I have to agree with this. I hope you're wrong but there seems to be a lot of sad and desperate AMD fans dying for this thing to kick ass and I feel sorry for them.
    I wish it would but honestly, exactly as you say - if this thing was a killer, we'd already know by now.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AbRASiON View Post
    I have to agree with this. I hope you're wrong but there seems to be a lot of sad and desperate AMD fans dying for this thing to kick ass and I feel sorry for them.
    I wish it would but honestly, exactly as you say - if this thing was a killer, we'd already know by now.
    Wow never heard that argument before!

I am Xtreme
    Maybe it isn't supposed to compete in high end? Why does a 320$ CPU have to compete with a 800$ orwhatitspricenow? Those Intel 6 cores are a giant ripoff in my eyes and I am sad people fell for it.
    You aren't reading my posts. I explained the pricing situation (no competition). And i7 970 can already be had for $400, you know...
    As for being demolished, do you assume AMD's R&D department ceases to exist after releasing bulldozer? Will that be the last chip AMD ever releases to the market?
    Typical fanboy overreaction. I never said that.
    That's the problem. It's NOT that obvious. It's a new architecture, unlike anything we have seen so far and we already know there might be new and interesting approaches how single threads are being processed. Saying single threaded performance = multithreaded peformance / number of cores doesn't work when you have strong turbo modes and a very different architecture, how cores are being defined.
    Intel has turbo, too, you know. And is already way ahead on single core performance. Let's just hope AMD can catch up. If they get ahead then it means that 8 core BD will be the fastest thing on the market BY FAR, which means that the pricing is going to be very high.
    If they do catch up then it will be a nice competitive product in both well and poorly threaded applications. With advantages in well threaded applications, obviously.
    Yep, I quoted that because I found it interesting to how much conclusions you arrived at after this 99% rumour info.
    Once again, you aren't reading. I explained how I got to my conclusion. Yet you fail to see that and for some reason decide to insist on your way of ME coming to MY conclusion, lol.
    Yep, AMD is doomed.
    Once again, typical fanboy overreaction. I never said that.

Drop it, seriously, it doesn't make you look good.
    Last edited by zalbard; 05-22-2011 at 02:29 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ok fellas,stay cool. It's just a CPU .

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Typical fanboy overreaction. I never said that.
    Typical fanboy rebuttal. See, I can throw the "f" word around too.

Of course you didn't say that, but you failed to acknowledge there is going to be more from AMD during this and next year, only mentioning the new stuff Intel is going to deliver on the market. Obvious bias is obvious.

Drop it, seriously, it doesn't make you look good.
    Does your reply in five paragraphs make you look any better? It always takes two for an argument...

EDIT: Lol, that pic is making headlines! But how did they arrive at 3.8GHz??

That's what I am thinking as well, ie. the +500mhz boost for all cores being used in more types of workloads. But it still doesn't make sense to have the stock freq lower on the higher TDP model - what If a worst case scenario power virus workload would be launched on both chips?
    Would the TDP-values make more sense if the processors were clocked as I first proposed? Thus with stockspeeds of 3.6GHz for the FX-8110 and 3.8GHz for the FX-8130P. And a TC boost of +400MHz for both of them.
    Still feels like a 30Ws TDP is quite much for a frequency increase of 200MHz but it still feels more likely than the FX-8130P having a lower stock frequency over the FX-8110 when having a higher potential turbo frequency.

Those frequencies are identical to what I posted earlier in the thread. Have they been confirmed? I didn't manage to figure out what sources those sites had for those claims.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Guys you are the source for 3.8Ghz clock speed ^^.Some site picked up the frequencies from here and then all of them reposted the same thing . Amazing!

Xtreme Mentor
    Guys you are the source for 3.8Ghz clock speed ^^.Some site picked up the frequencies from here and then all of them reposted the same thing . Amazing!
    LOL I knew that.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo75 View Post
    Wow never heard that argument before!
    It's an opinion, not an argument.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by formula M View Post
    See..? You repeat yourself when called upon to understand said archetecture. Exact same answer ("what is this, an apple forum")...

Again, you have failed to demonstrate you understand archetectual differences, & just seem to yell "intel" as your answer for everything (because ur an OC).

Are you not embarrased?
    I know everything about said "archetecture" Im trying to understand what your still talking about.

Go back and read my posts and try to comprehend my valid points on the pricing of BD compared to intels currant offerings.

I never talked about OC and you do know that Ivy bridge is coming out Q1 2012.How is that not relevent to AMDS BD that is about to launch?

If these prices are true then everything I said stands.

You people seem to be very up tight when someone brings up intel.I never even mentioned anything about how well sandys clock because I have no idea how well BD will clock.
    Last edited by Skratch; 05-22-2011 at 07:58 PM.

I think people need a bunch of these

The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced it will hold a live webcast from COMPUTEX 2011 in Taipei, Taiwan on May 31 at 10:30 p.m. ET (10:30 a.m. UTC in Taiwan on June 1). During the 90-minute webcast, AMD executives and a number of partners will also share exciting news on future plans for the AMD Fusion Family of APUs. To view the live webcast, please visit: www.amdcomputex.com.tw
    http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74...508&highlight=

Xtreme Addict
    You know what is really amasing: THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    By DonanimHaber:

Llano pricing is down right insane if its true 0_o

who made up these desktop cpu types for LIano and BD, time to put in few web orders
    Last edited by duploxxx; 05-23-2011 at 06:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Fanboyitis..
    Comes in two variations and both deadly.
    There's the green strain and the blue strain on CPU.. There's the red strain and the green strain on GPU..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@3.5GHz@Scythe Mugen 2 <-> ASRock 970 Extreme4 <-> 8GB DDR3-1333 <-> Sapphire HD7870@1100/1300 <-> Samsung F3 <-> Win8.1 x64 <-> Acer Slim Line S243HL <-> BQT E9-CM 480W

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    everything is locked :-(
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@3.5GHz@Scythe Mugen 2 <-> ASRock 970 Extreme4 <-> 8GB DDR3-1333 <-> Sapphire HD7870@1100/1300 <-> Samsung F3 <-> Win8.1 x64 <-> Acer Slim Line S243HL <-> BQT E9-CM 480W

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    everything is locked :-(
    multiplier-wise on the Llanos?
    Those are aimed at OEMs really, I don't even see any reason why they should bring much of it to the channel; if they bring it to retail we'll be seeing another 754 situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast