Thread: Samsung Utilty estool 3.01

Xtreme Member

Samsung Utilty estool 3.01

rig in sig

2x1tb partial raid0
    1st 300 gb games raid 0
    2nd 200gb vm raid 0
    3rd space on both disk storage

had some problems with my windows raid0 disk would just disappear and leave one of the other disk storage visible.

backedup, broke the raid. format. shi.t still occur.
    this time i saw was only one disk missing.

changed the cable all seemed fine.
    decided to run the samsung utility 3.01
    ran it on all the drives. 3 f3 1tb and 1 f3 500gb
    the 500gb has an error with smart. all the 1tb Aok.

reboot. seeing all the drives. boot from the 500gb.
    the other 2 1tb drives not seeing. s/d check all cables. boot to spare win7 on the 3rd tb, same fuc.kin sh.it..... first 2 tb not visible.

DISK Management
    invalid disk.

The same option i chose for all the disks
    why the hell it disappeared....

any ideas???
    Rig 1 Asus ROG Strix B550-F WiFi, R7 5800x, 64GB Vengeance LPX 4*16GB, Zotac GTX 1070Ti, X-Fi Titanium, Enermax Revolution D.F. 850w, SSDs 768GB, HDD 3TB, CM 912HAF, NH D-15 Black.cr
    Rig 2 Asus Maximus VI Hero, i7 4770K@4000, 32GB Ballistix VLP 4*8GB, Gigabyte GTX 970, eVGA G3 850, SSD 512GB, HDD 2TB, TT Element-T, NH D-14.

Xtreme Member

Thumbs up solved

still don't understand how it happened especially since im using win7 ultimate before and after running the utility. so it's something with the tool. will do some more tests when i have time.

did a search and i wasn't going to pay 30usd for dynamic disk converter to use one time only.
    the hex editor....hmm...wasn't seeing the same values so i decided i'd dig up in that as a last last resort.

used easeus data recovery wizard pro.

first disk
    partition recovery scanned 7-8hrs got all my files.

second disk. problems....
    the prog does a preliminary scan. it takes about 10 min to complete, then does the indept scan. prelim scan showed nothing. can't go forward.

converted the disk to basic. only other option available.
    rescan. 7-8hrs. data corrupted. this drive basically holds all my favour hd and dvd rip movies and VMs.

reading up showed the difference between basic and dynamic, so im thinking shi.t might not be aligned or something thereof.
    so
    converted the disk to dynamic and partitioned the drive exactly as before.
    scanned the first partition VMs after 1.5hrs... not a fuc.k recovered. started to feel sick. started thinking should have paid the 30usd for the app.

scanned the second partition 5hrs...
    all HD movies and dvd rips recovered! nearly, nearly jizzed in my pants

all in all, the i lost....negligible...
    learnt alot tryin to 'cheep out'.
    Rig 1 Asus ROG Strix B550-F WiFi, R7 5800x, 64GB Vengeance LPX 4*16GB, Zotac GTX 1070Ti, X-Fi Titanium, Enermax Revolution D.F. 850w, SSDs 768GB, HDD 3TB, CM 912HAF, NH D-15 Black.cr
    Rig 2 Asus Maximus VI Hero, i7 4770K@4000, 32GB Ballistix VLP 4*8GB, Gigabyte GTX 970, eVGA G3 850, SSD 512GB, HDD 2TB, TT Element-T, NH D-14.