Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 275.27 drivers (Massive boost in Witcher 2!)

Xtreme Member
    Going to try these out when I have finished downloading this game. Sometime Steam is so slow.

Love the SLI auto updates. Great idea Nvidia.

Xtreme Addict
    No offence but Witcher 2 looks very ordinary (Graphically) going by all the screenshots. Why such low FPS on any mid-high end hw?..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mAJORD View Post
    No offence but Witcher 2 looks very ordinary (Graphically) going by all the screenshots. Why such low FPS on any mid-high end hw?..
    The screenshots don't always do games justice. If you watch some of the video's, it looks pretty damn good.

Xtreme Member
    nVidia always on top of things, good job! caugh ATI caugh

Xtreme Guru
    funny on these drivers im getting 10% lower fps across the board including witcher 2 vs 270.71

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmV5 View Post
    funny on these drivers im getting 10% lower fps across the board including witcher 2 vs 270.71
    Do you have the 3D vision driver installed? Apparently, that messes up the performance somehow.

I have other problems... The freaking game won't even run in fullscreen mode, which is extremely annoying!

Other than that, I am enjoying the game immensely though. The combat is challenging, but rewarding. Pulling off successful combos requires lots of timing, which is annoying at first, but as you get better, you begin to see how such a combat system really makes the game much better by utilizing actual skill, rather than mere click fests..
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    32 GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3400 CL15 CR1
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Western Digital Raptor 600GB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner with NEC chipset
    Antec HCP-1200w Power Supply
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
    Logitech G502 gaming mouse w/Razer Exact Mat
    Logitech G910 mechanical gaming keyboard
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfax View Post
    Do you have the 3D vision driver installed? Apparently, that messes up the performance somehow.

I have other problems... The freaking game won't even run in fullscreen mode, which is extremely annoying!

Other than that, I am enjoying the game immensely though. The combat is challenging, but rewarding. Pulling off successful combos requires lots of timing, which is annoying at first, but as you get better, you begin to see how such a combat system really makes the game much better by utilizing actual skill, rather than mere click fests..
    yes lately ive been installing the whole suite.. no need for 3d.. ill try 275.27 again

sli working for you?

thanks carfax

Xtreme Addict
    yes lately ive been installing the whole suite.. no need for 3d.. ill try 275.27 again

sli working for you?

thanks carfax
    Yeah, the 3D vision driver impacts performance in a negative manner..

Anyway, SLi is barely working. I'm getting an average of 70% utilization on both GPUs, but it's not steady. It dips, goes up, dips again etc..

I don't know if it's due to running in windowed mode though.. Having to run in windowed mode really pisses me off

BTW, do you have any DLC? I have the Ultimate Swordsman's suit armor from Amazon, and I installed it, but it's not in my inventory
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Addict
    On a side note, I've been breezing a long fine for the most part on normal difficulty, but now I'm at this part (To the temple) where I encounter three armored foes, and two unarmored, and they are hard as !

I can beat them yeah, but I have to resort to cheesy tactics to do it, like rolling constantly, and using the trap sign, which I don't want to do.

The problem is, Geralt moves too slow in comparison to his enemies. Thats what makes taking on multiple opponents so difficult.

They should have given Geralt a speed advantage so you don't have to use cheesy tactics to beat your enemies..

Hopefully later in the game, Geralt's attack speed improves..

***Edit***

Nevermind, I was doing it wrong. I was waiting too long between attack animations to do combos. Now that I'm clicking faster, the combos are happening and enemies are dying a lot quicker
    Last edited by Carfax; 05-18-2011 at 04:16 AM.
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Guru
    Yeah, the 3D vision driver impacts performance in a negative manner..

Anyway, SLi is barely working. I'm getting an average of 70% utilization on both GPUs, but it's not steady. It dips, goes up, dips again etc..

I don't know if it's due to running in windowed mode though.. Having to run in windowed mode really pisses me off

BTW, do you have any DLC? I have the Ultimate Swordsman's suit armor from Amazon, and I installed it, but it's not in my inventory
    yeh without the 3d drivers i regained the 10% no more 3d drivers

oh i see you got 1600p nice! but damn not being able to run it @ full screen.. did you try thru user.ini ? @ C:\Users\User\Documents\Witcher 2\Config

dont have any dlc yet.. is that ^ retailer exclusive? im gonna put off playing until some of these issues are fixed hopefully soon

no sli here.. i was eager to run the game at these settings but it brings down a gtx580 to its knees.. the game deserves a next generation gpu

ultra + sgssaax2 + high quality ambient occlusion + lod bias -3

22 pix : http://img33.imageshack.us/g/51744590.png/
    Last edited by NapalmV5; 05-18-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    wait, what? did i get this right? the 3d vision driver influences performance even though i don't use 3d vision at all?
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Also wanted to mention that these drivers broke my HDMI-out surround sound (rear speaker outputs were playing thru the front). Reloaded an older nvidia sound driver (but kept the 275.27 video driver) and all was well.

I am getting 40-50fps in Witcher2 with everything maxed out except ubersampling and AA.

I had such a fiasco with getting the game to install/register/etc. that by the time I was finally in game, I was too rage-drunk to enjoy it. Going to hit it hard tonight thou.
    i7-2600K @ 4806Mhz 102.3x47 1.368v LinX stable
    MSI P67 GD-80
    16Gb Corsair 8-8-8-24 1T 818.2Mhz
    MSI GTX560Ti 1005/2250 1.062v
    Crucial m4 256Gb SSD
    Corsair TX850 | 64bit WIN7 Pro
    Custom watercooling
    47" 1080p LCD | Onkyo 876/ Polk 5.1 surround

Xtreme Addict
    yeh without the 3d drivers i regained the 10% no more 3d drivers

oh i see you got 1600p nice! but damn not being able to run it @ full screen.. did you try thru user.ini ? @ C:\Users\User\Documents\Witcher 2\Config
    Yeah, it seems my problem needs a patch to fix it. Monitors with high resolutions like mine just cannot be run in fullscreen mode right now.

dont have any dlc yet.. is that ^ retailer exclusive? im gonna put off playing until some of these issues are fixed hopefully soon
    Yeah, this was an Amazon exclusive DLC.

no sli here.. i was eager to run the game at these settings but it brings down a gtx580 to its knees.. the game deserves a next generation gpu

ultra + sgssaax2 + high quality ambient occlusion + lod bias -3
    Nothing short of tri SLi can run this game smoothly with ubersampling enabled, and thats only at 1200p and below. I can forget about ubersampling with my 30 incher..

CDPR should never have included that option in the game menu, because SGSSAA is too strenuous to be turned on in most modern day games, especially games with the graphic fidelity of the Witcher 2.
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    wait, what? did i get this right? the 3d vision driver influences performance even though i don't use 3d vision at all?
    Yep.. Remove the 3D vision driver and your performance will go up substantially.
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've seen many reports about a massive boost in 3DMark 11

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mAJORD View Post
    Because people try to run supersampling and have no clue what it does.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper_sung View Post
    I've seen many reports about a massive boost in 3DMark 11
    Can confirm this. With this 2600k couldn't break 7k with my GTX 580 at 900/2200 ( when my 920 did at 4ghz... ) but with these am getting nearly P7300 and thats with offset voltage ( I noticed before that there was a decent difference between manual and offset voltage due to state changes ) Now if these improvements carrt over into real world applications then

EDIT: Without power saving : P7486 Its interesting that the cpu only scores are consistent with C states and offset voltage used but the gpu heavy areas benifit with a constant clock speed. I still prefer to use the more economical setup for power savings day to day though as my machine idles more than it loads. That said with my 920 the performance gap between an offset voltage with c states and a constant voltage were much much smaller.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 05-18-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Member
    @Carfax I see you got your game from the same place as I did Amazon and the preorder DLC of the Ultimate Swordsman Suit. Now first Amazon didn't put my DLC code in the box then I get an email with the DLC from Amazon.
    Then I go type in my DLC code and get Invalid Code.
    Now just for farts I went and tried again with the code and bam there's Troll Trouble and The Ultimate Swordsman Suit to download(BTW code still saying Invalid Lol but can DL) anyways to me the game is great love it just the BS with game key had the same problem with a Zero being a O and the DLC code being Invalid then later being able to DL. Who's the monkeys that did their code system?!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazystang01 View Post
    @Carfax I see you got your game from the same place as I did Amazon and the preorder DLC of the Ultimate Swordsman Suit. Now first Amazon didn't put my DLC code in the box then I get an email with the DLC from Amazon.
    Then I go type in my DLC code and get Invalid Code.
    Now just for farts I went and tried again with the code and bam there's Troll Trouble and The Ultimate Swordsman Suit to download(BTW code still saying Invalid Lol but can DL) anyways to me the game is great love it just the BS with game key had the same problem with a Zero being a O and the DLC code being Invalid then later being able to DL. Who's the monkeys that did their code system?!
    Did you find the suit in the game yet though? I downloaded the suit, but I still haven't found it yet..

I'm still in Act 1 though, so perhaps it may show up later?
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Guru
    Yeah, it seems my problem needs a patch to fix it. Monitors with high resolutions like mine just cannot be run in fullscreen mode right now.

Yeah, this was an Amazon exclusive DLC.

Nothing short of tri SLi can run this game smoothly with ubersampling enabled, and thats only at 1200p and below. I can forget about ubersampling with my 30 incher..

CDPR should never have included that option in the game menu, because SGSSAA is too strenuous to be turned on in most modern day games, especially games with the graphic fidelity of the Witcher 2.
    sgssaax2 is fluid on all other games including metro 2033/shogun 2 and its not such a big of a hit on performance.. its the combination of sgssaax2+high quality ambient occlusion+lod bias -3 that halves the fps in witcher 2

this pic here is a glimpse of fully working sli.. both gpus are @ 99%

http://imageshack.us/f/860/witcher2201105180449411.png/

28fps ^ if id lower to ssaax2/quality ambient occlusion/lod bias 0 that would bring the fps to ~56 while still @ ultra/uber game settings

but in order to play the game to my liking ill need gtx680 sli

Xtreme Enthusiast
    did anyone else look closely at teh second pic, the log fence on left, the stone path......the second pic has lower GFX settings. hmmm.

or is that just how the game is cause he moved....which still kinda explain the major FPS boost
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Addict
    sgssaax2 is fluid on all other games including metro 2033/shogun 2 and its not such a big of a hit on performance.. its the combination of sgssaax2+high quality ambient occlusion+lod bias -3 that halves the fps in witcher 2

this pic here is a glimpse of fully working sli.. both gpus are @ 99%
    Yeah, I believe you. My perspective came from running in windowed mode, but that was obviously incorrect of me.

After setting my desktop rez to 1920x1080, I can now set my game rez to 2560x1600 in FULL SCREEN MODE

My performance probably increased by at least 10 FPS, or even more.. It's now baby smooth, with everything maxed out except ubersampling.

And while ubersampling is nice, the only way I could enable it would be to reduce the other settings, and I don't want to since the game already looks phenomenal.

So what do you think of the game so far anyway? I think this is the best game I've ever played.....and I'm being serious!
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Addict
    What says Ket on these?
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Xtreme Guru
    Yeah, I believe you. My perspective came from running in windowed mode, but that was obviously incorrect of me.

After setting my desktop rez to 1920x1080, I can now set my game rez to 2560x1600 in FULL SCREEN MODE

My performance probably increased by at least 10 FPS, or even more.. It's now baby smooth, with everything maxed out except ubersampling.

And while ubersampling is nice, the only way I could enable it would be to reduce the other settings, and I don't want to since the game already looks phenomenal.

So what do you think of the game so far anyway? I think this is the best game I've ever played.....and I'm being serious!
    post some pix up.. can only wonder how it looks at 1600p

havent played the first one.. though i stopped playing for now till sli gets fixed

so far looks very promising looking forward to completing which i rarely do

Xtreme Addict
    post some pix up.. can only wonder how it looks at 1600p

havent played the first one.. though i stopped playing for now till sli gets fixed

so far looks very promising looking forward to completing which i rarely do
    I just took two screenshots outside of Flotsam. These are the first screenshots I've taken, since I've been so busy playing the game itself

As you can see, I have black borders, since the game doesn't support 16:10 aspect ratio.

Geralt is wearing the Raven armor from the first game, which I transferred over, and he has the jagged sword and the superb silver sword..
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner