Thread: SSD Write Endurance 25nm Vs 34nm

Threaded View

SSDabuser
    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
    I believe we are trying most of the suggestions made on your forum, I found "Voodoo science" to be a funny expression that's all.

I'm pretty sure that my Asus M4E-Z (Z68) has the 10.6 OROM, there has been almost no updates on that particular MB and so I'm looking for 11.X as well.
    The M4E-Z is the next one one my list if the current setup fails I'll try disabling Hot Plugging, that is probably the last thing I can try on the current OROM that can make a difference.
    Maybe I misinterpreted Tony's remarks, but I'm pretty sure he just thought we were just standing around blaming the drive and not looking elsewhere for answers, which is certainly not the case.

I don't think disabling hotplugging matters if you're using the RST drivers... hot plugging is still enabled with RST even if it's turned off in the UEFI. I tried the msahci drivers with Tony's magic voodoo internal-only port hack, the end result of which was having to full power cycle the system (instead of unplugging the drive). But that gave me another idea that I'm working on at the moment. If it doesn't work out, I'm switching back to the Intel board and upgrading the UEFI to the no-longer-available 2053 revision. The readme is no longer available, but the only change was adding more cpu's and updates to RST.

Regardless of motherboard, I do not believe I'd be having these issues if I was only writing 5-10GB a day to the drive.

I was looking forward to getting this drive just to see if the SF BSoD issues would pop up in addition to the LTT question. I'm thinking about getting another toggle nand SF to see what happens if you use it like a normal person :]
    Last edited by Christopher; 10-05-2011 at 06:19 AM.