Thread: SSD Write Endurance 25nm Vs 34nm

Threaded View

Xtreme X.I.P.
    121,33TB Host writes
    MWI 33

--

I've done some checking and I do think we'll have to leave things as is, I'll change the labels to MiB, GiB, TiB and I'll put a "Hint" on TiB so that when the mouse is hovering on TiB written it will display TB written in the "Hint".

I've been through the source code and have adjusted for one event that wasn't recorded, the initial creation of the file used for random writes.

So, the GiB counter did not count the bytes written for when that file was created, essentially that means every time the app is started.

Having said that, this counter was never meant to be the only counter but we'll make it work for that as well. (as close as possible)
    There is another source of writes and it is the internal database used for recording the loops, for every loop the stats are recorded so there is a 4KB blocksize update/write + the update of the Index. I'll check if I can get to those writes and add them to the running totals. (they don't amount to much but they are definitely producing writes)

Vapor, you can check the number of bytes written by the app by using the Task Manager->Processes
    From the View->Select columns... menu option Enable I/O Read Bytes and I/O Write Bytes.
    Last edited by Anvil; 06-30-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    -
    Hardware: