Quote Originally Posted by bluestang View Post
Any interest in testing a modified Crucial M225 64GB???
I have one that had about 3 months of use before I pulled it from my home system (was with another one in RAID0). It had a couple hundred GB of use on it I believe (definitely under 1TB and also was at 98-99% life) when pulled. I then flashed it to a Vertex Turbo. Why?, cuz I wanted to know if it could be done and why not? The flash was destructive and reset everything and also no longer say Crucial M225.

It's been sitting around for about 6-7 weeks since the OCZ flash. I'm not as savy as you guys so I'm not sure it has enough smart data. Plus it might burn up too soon since the controller and NAND are running at higher than rated speed. But, I'd be willing to toss it on my work PC as a spare drive and let it run. The problem I see having is that I'm running XP, so NO TRIM, only GC to rely on or the Wiper Tool.

Don't forget that even though it says OCZ Vertex Turbo it is a Crucial M225. Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: Controller is Indilinx Barefoot IDX110M00-LC, Cache is Elpida 64MG SDRAM S51321CBH-6DTT-F and NAND is Samsung K9LBG08U0M-PCB0.
Started running Avil's app today @ 12:00 GMT-5 on this drive.
You guys want me to post daily results in here?