Thread: SSD Write Endurance 25nm Vs 34nm

Threaded View

Xtreme X.I.P.
    @Christopher

I've had BSOD's, not many though (2 o 3) in about 6 months and only on specific drives.

There really was just one problematic drive and it was an early Agility 3, it had all the issues and so it was returned.
    (besides a few BSOD's the really annoying issue was that it wasn't detected on cold boots)

The GT had a BSOD-like shutdown, while working the computer stopped responding, it suddenly started logging off and in the midst of logging off it BSOD'd. (no data lost though)
    In case of the GT I had forgotten to apply the LPM fix and it has not happened since.

So, I've been bitten but I don't really count the GT as a problem as the LPM fix was and still looks to be needed for modern Intel MB's so make sure to apply it.
    (the LPM fix was also needed for other drives like the M4 during early FW's)

I do like the Samsung drives, they work really well on laptops and so I'm currently using a few in a MacBook, with great success.

edit:
    I've got a lot of SF-2 based drives, not just the Corsairs.
    Quite a few Vertex 3's, Vertex 3 MAX IO, Patriot WildFire (toggle mode), they all are 240GB drives and none of them have caused any issues, so far.
    I've had the V3's since they were made available, so about 6 months.
    Last edited by Anvil; 09-18-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    -
    Hardware: