Thread: HD6990 Blocks, which is better?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

Is there some kind of discrepancy in the testing methods that I'm missing here, or is the Swiftech block (WITH higher clock speeds) really almost 10*C cooler than the EK one?

I am Xtreme
    You really can't compare results with different loops, fans and ambient temperatures.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcZ View Post
    Is there some kind of discrepancy in the testing methods that I'm missing here, or is the Swiftech block (WITH higher clock speeds) really almost 10*C cooler than the EK one?
    FurMark settings aren't the same, EK is listing water temperatures vs. Swiftech's air temperatures, pumping power and/or flowrate are likely different, too. I wouldn't compare them at all.

Admin
    Posts broken off into new thread, derailed the Swiftech thread it was in previously.

Xtreme Guru
    Imho unless there is independent 3rd party single test bed, almost each and every comparison will fail objective direct comparison part and will bring unnecessary flamewars, as each vendor has great pride in it's products.
    My own 2cents would be - even if some block cools 5C worse or better - they all will do their job, and most probably overclock won't be different. So enduser should choose by looks/price/features, as performance doesn't differ THAT much.
    I'd hate to see any reps that i grown to respect fighting it out, please guys, be above that.

Or if you really really want comparison despite everything, try bringing all variables similar/leveled as much as possible. Agree on some guidelines of testbed/test methodics/result representation. Or send each and every new contestant to the ring .. err, to skinneelab or martin.