Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATi 11.5a hotfix driver...

Aussie God
    I've just sub' this thread....
    This is some awesome stuff!
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Bit of a weird one, VSYNC seems to be broken for me, in Guild Wars and EVE online.
    11.5 or 11.5 hotfix, cant even force it through the control panel either.
    Going back to 11.4 solves the problem.
    Anybody got two 5770's in crossfire, that can confirm if its just me or actually a real problem?
    SD..

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by InCredible View Post
    haha and i end up the jackass for misinterpreting ..woot go me..edited.. ty

Hehe, sorry, I thought I made myself clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by i5L4ND View Post
    Bit of a weird one, VSYNC seems to be broken for me, in Guild Wars and EVE online.
    11.5 or 11.5 hotfix, cant even force it through the control panel either.
    Going back to 11.4 solves the problem.
    Anybody got two 5770's in crossfire, that can confirm if its just me or actually a real problem?
    Any chance you're using AMD 11.4 CAP2? They are apparently bugged.
    Please report a bug to AMD / ATI (can also use Twitter for this purpose).
    Last edited by zalbard; 05-12-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Reported it using that link.
    I was on CAT 11.5 and 11.5 CAP1 when I first noticed it. Ive been through a few different combinations trying to see what was doing it. soon as I install CAT 11.5 or CAT 11.5 hotfix its back.
    Im using CAT 11.4 and 11.5 CAP1 and everythings fine.
    Guess Ill just leave it for a while and see if anybody else mentions it, if they dont then its gonna be problem on my end.
    SD..

Xtreme Addict
    Regarding win software vs bios oc, a bit of both is clearly the optimal. Try max stable clocks with win software, and then mod a bios with the same clocks/volts. Removing the need to have another app running should be enough reason to do so.
    Trial and error with bios mods are just being stubborn.

Tried Cat 11.5a together with 11.5 CAP1, but no crossfire support in brink yet, just a fyi
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by wez View Post
    Tried Cat 11.5a together with 11.5 CAP1, but no crossfire support in brink yet, just a fyi
    Yep, apparently coming in 11.6 (according to CatalystCreator).
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    Yes, software OCing is n00bish. Doesn't get any more simplistic than Software OCing. [...] A touch of class, or as some may call it the gentlemans approach such as with vBIOS mods goes a long way.

I think that you are wrong saying that software OC is "n00bish". In fact, your "classy" vBIOS solution personally took me all of 3 minutes, including reboots and creating a DOS-boot usb stick, to go from 735/1010 to 950/1200 with a permanent voltage fix on my 5970. From where I'm sitting, both the "tools" you seem to despise and the vBIOS are equivalent pieces of software that accomplish the same goal. I could probably teach my grandma to flash a vBIOS, it's really not that much harder than moving a slider or two in windows... So how did it make us so "pro" to use a vBIOS? Do I get to wear a suit to overclocking events now?

Xtreme Member
    It took me 5 minutes to edit my BIOS, and flash my 3 cards: 6990+6970+6970.

Nothing complicated. Took me 5 minutes to do.

I never use Afterburner. Always flashing my cards.
    i7 3930k EK-Supreme HF - Asus Rampage IV X79 - QUAD-Fire: 4X Asus 7970 EK waterblocks - 4X4GB=16GB RipjawsZ 2400 CL9 - Crucial C300 128Gb M4 128Gb 2x Intel X25-M 160GB 3X Seagate 2TB - Mountain Mods Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24 - Dual-PSU: Antec HCP-1200 + Corsair AX850 - EyeFinity 3X 30'' LCD - Windows 7 64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
    It took me 5 minutes to edit my BIOS, and flash my 3 cards: 6990+6970+6970.

Nothing complicated. Took me 5 minutes to do.

I never use Afterburner. Always flashing my cards.
    While that may be true, with Afterburner I can have quite a few profiles saved to use for whatever application I choose. I have one that clocks the card very high just for benches, I have one that I use for most games, and I have one that is my baseline overclock. And yes, I do switch between them as needed and it only takes 5 seconds as opposed to 5 minutes to flash a BIOS.

I'm not against BIOS flashing but utilities have a purpose too. Hell, I had to flash the BIOS on my 5850's just to remove the clock limits. But I still love Afterburner for quick changes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12