Thread: TEC Setup Help/Needing Ideas

Xtreme Member

TEC Setup Help/Needing Ideas

i been doing alotta thinking and i wanna go back to 775 one more time here is what i got right now...

Intel SLAWE Q9300 M1 - new never overclocked
    2x2GB DDR2 - never clocked either but i know it ain't gonna go anywhere
    Swiftech MCP 655
    Swiftech 3x120
    D-tech 775 waterblock <- this is old

thinking about clocking this chip somewhere around 1600mhz in FSB that makes 3000~3500mhz i'd like to 4+ but that's only if it's got good cooling and great ddr2 or ddr3

just quick question...
    will it be better if i just drop some extra cash and go ddr3 so there is a passable way to get higher clock if i wanna

i think i have 2 peltiers and should i hook that up to like a different PSU or just leave it on the same one i think it's like 65 or 68w peltier or should i just get a different peltier and hook it up to a different PSU cuz i do remember last time i was doing this sometimes the peltier don't start up right away or kick in at all! kinda sux!
    so what do you guys think?

looking for a motherboard right now... but needing something that's gonna take at least 6 SATA HDDs /i may not even have a dvdrom in it just because i never use it!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If your serious about using peltiers I would forget the 2 you have, if 68w is as I suspect the Qmax then when powered at 12v you are only going to get 20-40w cooling from each.

You would do far better to spend a little time doing a bit of research, which will allow you to decide what size TEC's to buy for what you propose to do, and while your at it look around for a possible dedicated power supply, i.e. not a PC PSU, to power them.

If you do this your chances of ending up with a correctly working TEC setup will be greatly improved.

But one word of warning....dont expect your TEC adventure to be cheap......

Xtreme Member
    thanks man
    i been looking and thinking and i think i monna just stay with pure liquid cooling if not just air and be done with it
    if i wanna go extreme i'd just do ln2 or dice cuz i got free access to ln2 already.
    thanks for looking tho