Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow - Let the Cash Cow Begin - Bin Laden Movie Inc.

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff

Wow - Let the Cash Cow Begin - Bin Laden Movie Inc.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/..._laden_bigelow

not even a day later.

what next? souvenirs from the building where he was killed?
    book deals for the soldiers? bullet casings on ebay?

I get the signifigance of the event.
    but geez - talk about sleazy...

some stuff, you just shouldnt try to make money off of.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Agreed, BUT the kid delivering dinner tonight had a hell of an idea.
    Instead of tossing his dead body into the Ocean they should have sent him to a taxidermist and had him stuffed and mounted at the White House..
    I know, crude but it did bring a smile..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    Well you have to figure since this came out of the blue for nearly all of us, it's something to document and explain. If they make a few million dollars in the process then props to them.
    ASUS Rampage III Gene - i7940 - 6GB Corsair Dominators 1600 - HIS HD 5870 - Seasonic x650 - Intel 80GB G2 - SuperTalent 60GB GX2 - Seagate 1.5 TB Green - LanGear DaBox

Xtreme Member
    One Bin Laden thread was enough. Look what happened to it. Please please don't post this stuff here cause its going to go downhill fast and people are just going to get upset and/or banned.
    2600K + Sabertooth + 560Ti

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ke View Post
    One Bin Laden thread was enough. Look what happened to it. Please please don't post this stuff here cause its going to go downhill fast and people are just going to get upset and/or banned.
    I promise you, I won't ban anyone on voicing their opinions on Bin Laden..
    Unless they try and make him out to be the protector of the downtrodden..
    Then it's good night Irene and ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banhammer1.jpg 
Views:	1266 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	114131  
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well that could be an interesting movie.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Addict
    The movie will have a happy ending no doubt!!!
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    protector of the downtrodden..
    sounds about right

hahah.. yeah right.. screw that dude.

i wonder how the movie will end?

Xtreme Addict
    I would prefer the chronology documentary from day 1 till the headshot.

Actually ... it'll be VERY interesting if there is some custom map for ....... let's say CoD? How about it?

Xtreme Member
    Although I'm not a fan of how people have been promenading this guy's death*, that kinda level would be awesome. My JD (Scrubs) mind has had me daydreaming about those special forces guys all day after hearing the news.

*one thing to be grateful, quite another thing to viscous and cruel. Lets just all agree that the world can feel a little safer now that he is gone.

Xtreme Member
    This is getting strange, We have images of the place where he died, a fake picture of him dead, got buried at sea within 24hours, I get a bad feeling about this.

Just because all the media and the government say he got killed yesterday, they ain't going to shove it down my throat until I see some pictures/movie of him being killed yesterday.
    I was however under the opinion he died years ago, so the government were milking him to keep taking away freedom and rights and justify wars.

SS or bull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    been lots of years since I played with an AMD and this is just an hour so bear with me..
    My first thoughts on it is that it's fast, it's smoothe and it's fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    Yes, the i7 does have the edge in pure grunt but then again the AMD has that little something I can't quite put my finger on except to use that word 'smoother" and that will get me flamed faster than posting kiddy :banana::banana::banana::banana: on the Christian networks site.
    Main Rig: Phenom II 550 (x4) @3.9Ghz - Gigabyte 6950@6970 - Asus M4A-785D M Pro - Samsung HDs 2x2TB,1x1.5TB,2x1TB - Season X-650 | OpenCL mining rigs: 2x Phenom II 555(x4) - 1xMSI 890FXA-GD70 - 1xGB 990FXA-UD7 (SICK ) - 1xHD6990 - 1x6950@70 - 6x5850 - 2xCooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1kW

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak View Post
    not even a day later.
    You could have at least read the article. The movie was in the works long before this...

Xtreme Guru
    Just so you guys know he was killed in 2001, pakistan president she got assinated for opening your mouth and revealing it.. The nato forces in america ed up there assination by killing gaddafi brother and his 3 grandchildre, so they made out like they killed bin laden when they know they ed up.. its all gonverments bs.. they think we're sheep and want us to believe it so they cover up there tracks.. there assination attempt failed so they say they killed bin laden, what a crock of bs.. go read CNN news..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Just so you guys know he was killed in 2001, pakistan president she got assinated for opening your mouth and revealing it.. The nato forces in america ed up there assination by killing gaddafi brother and his 3 grandchildre, so they made out like they killed bin laden when they know they ed up.. its all gonverments bs.. they think we're sheep and want us to believe it so they cover up there tracks.. there assination attempt failed so they say they killed bin laden, what a crock of bs.. go read CNN news..
    heya, I got a mansion in Nigeria I could give you for free, just need you to send $500 to this one Swiss bank account..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TJ07BW | i7 980x | Asus RIII | 12Gb Corsair Dominator | 2xSapphire 7950 vapor-x | WD640Gb / SG1.5TB | Corsair HX1000W | 360mm TFC Rad + Swiftech GTZ + MCP655 | Dell U2711

Xtreme Guru
    u wanna buy some rock ?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Agreed, BUT the kid delivering dinner tonight had a hell of an idea.
    Instead of tossing his dead body into the Ocean they should have sent him to a taxidermist and had him stuffed and mounted at the White House..
    I know, crude but it did bring a smile..
    I know you're joking but that would be HUGELY against Islamic law and very disrespectful to all Muslim Americans, and really all Muslims around the world. Actually, burying him at sea was also against Islamic law. I think that was done just so radicals couldn't rally at his burial. For some reason though the media says it's allowed by Islamic law, and that the military followed all Islamic burial rites. That is simply not true. Burial at sea is only acceptable when the person died at sea. I know some of my Muslim friends were a bit annoyed by that.

I think they could have handled the situation differently and respected full Islamic burial rites.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    I would prefer the chronology documentary from day 1 till the headshot.

Actually ... it'll be VERY interesting if there is some custom map for ....... let's say CoD? How about it?
    I saw some thread on Reddit where they were talking about making a Counter Strike map of the mansion where Bin Laden was allegedly killed.
    There's no other game that fits the theme better than CS

I'm sure it will be a matter of days before we get such thing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    "welcome to the human condition"
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouchy View Post
    I know you're joking but that would be HUGELY against Islamic law and very disrespectful to all Muslim Americans, and really all Muslims around the world. Actually, burying him at sea was also against Islamic law. I think that was done just so radicals couldn't rally at his burial. For some reason though the media says it's allowed by Islamic law, and that the military followed all Islamic burial rites. That is simply not true. Burial at sea is only acceptable when the person died at sea. I know some of my Muslim friends were a bit annoyed by that.

I think they could have handled the situation differently and respected full Islamic burial rites.
    he wasnt buried at see, its so sudden that he has been found dead after 8 years ?? sorry government bs

Xtreme Addict

I had a feeling that burying him at sea would somehow be disrespectful to muslims

Personally i couldn't care less and would find it very amusing if they did stuff his body or burn it a public ceremony like Guy Fawkes but this would only cause more problems with the extremists wanting to blow up more stuff.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    I had a feeling that burying him at sea would somehow be disrespectful to muslims

Personally i couldn't care less and would find it very amusing if they did stuff his body or burn it a public ceremony like Guy Fawkes but this would only cause more problems with the extremists wanting to blow up more stuff.
    I don't get this attitude. How can you expect people to respect you if you don't respect them? Golden rule everyone!

The guy is already dead. I don't see what the problem is with following some basic rites (which are very simple, google if you want to know them).

Edit: Also, remember, we are supposed to be the civilized ones. If we stoop to our enemies level we are no better than them.
    Last edited by Ouchy; 05-02-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I feel like a prophet! This thread is going downhill fast and its going to get locked. People are going to get upset and/or banned. (Read my above post near the beginning). PLEASE PLEASE keep this on the primary topic to the best of your ability.

Xtreme Addict
    he had a distorted view of Islam, so it's only fitting his burial was a bit distorted, get off it

if this happened 5 years ago or more like it should have, there would definitely already be a Q3 map

EDIT: I'm all for a "Headshot bin Laden Bobblehead", with no spring
    Athlon XP-M 2500+ 0343MPMW The King is Dead!
    Phenom II X6 1090T 1025GPMW Long Live the King!

-------------------------------------------
    I'm from the church of the operating room

c[_]
    I don't get this attitude. How can you expect people to respect you if you don't respect them? Golden rule everyone!

The guy is already dead. I don't see what the problem is with following some basic rites (which are very simple, google if you want to know them).

Edit: Also, remember, we are supposed to be the civilized ones. If we stoop to our enemies level we are no better than them.
    Here's a question for you: If extremists support bin laden, then why should we care if they dont like us tossing him out to sea or something against their "law"? They are "extremists" after all.

Notice I didnt say Muslims, and that is on purpose, because non-extremist muslims shouldnt support or care what we do with that chunk of waste.

Do you think that non-extremist muslims are going to care what we did with him?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    An action thriller?
    Whats so exciting about 4+ years of intelligence gathering with little to no field work?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast