Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLEASE!! Post pictures of your PC with a dual 5 1/4 bay res!!!

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Member

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    WOW i like how you did your cpu's..

Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    agreed... very high tech looking
    Thanks, high praise coming from you guys

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karbonkid View Post
    Please don't flame me - it hasn't leaked yet [EDIT: Referring to the T3, not the tubing, which is 3/8" over 1/2" and has also never leaked, and I don't believe ever will]. Naekuh is right, this took months to bleed absolutely.

Really need to revive this system. Dead mobo
    All 3 of my typhoons cracked and leaked. There was a fundamental floor with the glue used which boxgod posted on xtremesystems.

Personally I would change them asap because I believe they will inevitably crack and leak.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    All 3 of my typhoons cracked and leaked. There was a fundamental floor with the glue used which boxgod posted on xtremesystems.

Personally I would change them asap because I believe they will inevitably crack and leak.
    I have been involved in this saga right from the beginning. My T3 is one of the very first ones with the straw-coloured adhesive band. Most people returned these because of aesthetics. It's screwed onto clipped-in (to the case), flexible plastic rails which might be providing a little more protection. Well over a year later and it's still fine. Anyway, like I alluded to, I'm not here to discuss that. If it leaks, it leaks. I'm happy for now.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Corsair Obsidian 650D - EVGA P67 FTW - Samsung F3 1Tb - 8Gb A-Data cheapest crap DDR3 - Intel Core i5 2500K w/ Corsair H50 - EVGA GTX 295 co-op - Corsair AX650

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pcaddict View Post
    I looked at that one and several others about that size and, for me, it came down to lack of capacity. They're very shallow and don't hold much h2o. You'd have to refill a couple times while bleeding.

To me the whole point of having a res in the first place is convenience. Not having to refill while bleeding is nice. The dual bay Phobya I have now fits the bill. I fill it most of the way, kick on the pump, loop bleeds out in a couple of secs and leaves the water level at about 3/4 so it's easy to see flow and water level at a glance.
    Intel I7 920 D0 @ 4.2g------------EK Supreme HF
    EVGA X58 SLI LE------------------EK-FB EVGA X58 LE
    nVidia GTX 580----------------------EK-FC580 GTX
    6g Corsair DDR3----------------DDC 3.2 w/ Petra's top
    OCZ 120g Vertex SSD------------------PA120.4
    WD 150g Raptor
    WD 500g
    ASUS Xonar DS
    HX1000 psu
    Silverstone TJ07 case

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12