Thread: Sandy Bridge contest @ Futuremark

Xtreme Legend
    ended prematurely?
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Wanna look under my kilt?
    I kinda picked last night to bring it back up because it lined up with the end... 15th may?
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hey guys,

Sorry for not replying here earlier.

The submit counter was basically based on the number of benchmark submits coming in that fulfilled either segment criteria, so the vast majority were 3DMark 11, Performance preset -submits with a Sandy Bridge CPU and a single discrete graphics card which is a very popular combination.

The top list just filtered this to the top 8 after applying all validity criteria.

Futuremark receives about 20k benchmark results every day, so the number of submits that match contest criteria is bound to be large as we don't require our users to jump through additional hoops to enter. Naturally most don't intend to compete for the high score, but all qualify for the lucky draw prizes for example.
    pasi (at) futuremark.com
    Site Manager
    Futuremark

I am Xtreme
    Lucky draw idea is cool, i fully agree. But it totally falsifies the number of people that intentionally submitted a score for the competition... This should not have been exposed like this... it's totally wrong...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme X.I.P.
    It's true that given the large number of submits we receive all the time the number is not indicative of users who were running benchmarks just for entering the contest, but I don't want to have users jump through unnecessary hoops to enter contests given that we have a validation process already in place for everyone sending us their scores.

Also for anyone on the leaderboard it's still a number of real benchmark submissions during the contest period that were slower, so it's still something.
    pasi (at) futuremark.com
    Site Manager
    Futuremark

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    Lucky draw idea is cool, i fully agree. But it totally falsifies the number of people that intentionally submitted a score for the competition... This should not have been exposed like this... it's totally wrong...
    here we go again

http://www.asrock.com/news/index.asp?cat=News&ID=329

The competition which ran from January 16 to February 12, 2012 attracted approximately 100,000 entries worldwide that made the competition was extremely intense. With 22 entries scoring exceeding P10,000 on 3DMark11 test from the competition and myriads of positive reviews from the global media, ASRock X79 and Z68 series is widely regarded as motherboards of high reliability and excellent performance.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Hey Dinos I was speaking to someone about this very thing earlier.

After some very quick maths, we figured out there might have been 77 valid and relevant SB-E results. Yes..... 77.

Do ASRock even HAVE 100,000 users? (entrants had to use ASR board)
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    Yeah a competition no 79xx user can enter thanks to no official futuremark approved driver. Nice.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    4960X@4.7 | Asus RIVF | 16Gb@2400 | 256Gb 840 Pro | R9 290 | AX-860W | 540Air | Custom W/C

Xtreme Legend
    seriously FM this is a joke, why are you feeding manufacturers such stupid figures, common!!!
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Champion
    Yeah a competition no 79xx user can enter thanks to no official futuremark approved driver. Nice.....
    That's actually AMD's fault. Catalyst 12.1 did not support 7970 for some reason.
    GOOC 2009 EU: #3
    MSI MOA 2009 EU: #3
    MSI MOA 2009 WW: #1
    MSI MOA 2010 EU: #1
    MSI MOA 2010 WW: #1
    MSI MOA 2011 EU: #4

** and some screw-ups i don't wanna mention

I am Xtreme
    i think asrock is going in the right direction though. go go nickshih

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12