Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 28 hour / 6 Day week : The log

-150c Club Member

28 hour / 6 Day week : The log

I'm currently logging my attempt at removing Sunday from my life.
    For anyone who's ever heard of this, well simply, go to 6 days a week, splice up day 7 into bits and pieces. Up 19-20 hours, sleep for 8-9. It doesn't work if you have a work 9-5 schedule, but for crazy med students, it can work just fine.

Just incase anyone actually finds it interesting, I'm trying it out. And have actually suckered about 5 other med students into joining the adventure. We've got a hospital at our disposal, so are also doing weekly blood tests.

So if anyone finds it interesting or has suggestions for things to do, I'm so far ahead on my school work at this point It's hilarious.

And just a bit of legal stuff.
    I do not condone this, as you probably don't have a hospital to work in and to save your bum if you knock your kidneys offline or something. Don't do this at home, or don't do it period. But if you do, post a log.

Log Start:

Day 3: I'm attempting a removal of sundays from my daily (well weekly) life.So without sundays, I have 28 hour days, 6 days a week.I'm going to start calling them periods because days isn't correct, infact, at least half my time is during the night now.

So why do this?Normally I struggle to sleep, and end up staying up a total of 18-21 hours awake followed by units of sleep 6-8 hours. So now I'm just doing that as my normal life and not wasting time waiting for sleep as much as totally konking out from exhaustion.So more time up, is more work done, is more projects completed, and more things learned.For anyone who might follow this... I will be posting a day by day or so post of health, bp, heart rate, as well as any additional anxiety, sleepiness, or other ailmentation.
    Day 4:
    Halfway through day 4 now. Which if you'll notice, puts me at 6am on Thursday.The sun just came up and it's light out now, which means my head has a light ache from where my circadian rhythm is taking a inside my brain. But I feel good, lots of energy.Oh and theres no caffeine involved here. No joke.

By my count, I should probably have another meal in the next hour or so, actually this should be called dinner coming up.Interesting.The extra calories will probably help keep me up too. But at the moment, I'm really not tired. Totally alive.Actually I almost feel hyper.
    My shoulders not bad either, which is normally a big source of pain for me, but my knee is acting up a bit, might be time for a new chair.

Day 4 Stats:Weight 128 lbs
    BP 105/60
    Heart Rate 68 bpm
    Day 5 Begins

So just woke up on my first night"day". For those that aren't following, that means, I just woke up at 9PM, and will be awake till 5PM as my 20-hour "day". Actually in two more days I'll be back on what most would call the "normal" schedule, then the day after will be the "college" schedule. So observations for the day.
    Yesterday was a bit rough, almost fell asleep a bit too early, but that's because class is boring.8am class I was definitly hyper, it's amazing the kind of crazy you can feel like after being up up up for so long.

Amongst other things, I noticed I was "double taking" a bit.
    As in look at something quick, and seemingly not mentally grab it, then have to look again.Watch, phone, etc.

So day 5 starts.
    Heart rate is 72 bpm
    BP still normal at 110/70.
    Black circles under eyes are GONE!

Feeling good. Carpe diem time.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's actually very interesting. And if anything, you should have removed Mondays.

Uhhhh yeah, good luck with that.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

c[_]
    been tried many times before, never successful.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    If you want to go hardcore on yourself, check out uberman's sleep.

-150c Club Member
    Polyphasic sleep doesn't work for me.
    As it is I am a sleepless person, been taking Valium derivatives for years.
    So far though I'm enjoying this schedule, the extra time lets me work myself to death properly.

Wanna look under my kilt?
    I cant tell if I want this to really work for you or not. If you're feeling brighter healthier and happier..... good... but... it might damage your "use" to society if you don't live by the same standard day/night cycle as everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Good Lord why would you want to remove Sundays?!? that's the best day of the week..
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    Good Lord why would you want to remove Sundays?!? that's the best day of the week..
    Haha, my thoughts exactly!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I find this very ignorant towards the natural day cycle and the way it influences yr biological clock.
    This cant have positive effect on health on a long run.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is extremely interesting to me as an insomniac. I kind of do this any ways..hm. Like now at 9:35am Ive been up since 4pm yesterday and probably wont sleep until 4/5pm tonight. Thanks for sharing!
    I crunch for you Gramps R.I.P.
    Photo:
    Canon T2i(550d) w/ Magic Lantern
    Canon 20mm F/2.8
    Canon 50mm F/1.8
    Canon 70-200mm F/4L
    C&C is always welcome on my photos.

PC
    Asus Crosshair IV Forumla, AMD 1090t-Crunching away @4.1ghz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2,4x2 Musikin Silverline's, Sapphire 6950 2gb(flashed to 6970 and running at 950/1450), Corsair HX650, NZXT Tempest.
    http://500px.com/KodyHungenberg

-150c Club Member
    Well lets see. I have classes Monday-Thursday. And friday and saturday are my favorite days. So sundays, poof.
    I mean I still have plenty of sunday time all night, but it's just not the same.
    As for influence of the biological clock, it would be nice to be less dependent upon it. The primary issue for shift workers can be a rise in blood pressure or an issue with kidney function, but that has mostly been linked to vitamin D deficiency from not getting sunlight (which I take a supplement for and have half the week in the sun) as well as development of off cycle eating problems.

Day 6:
    Day 6 log:
    The double taking was gone from yesterday, which is good. I'm fairly sure I could keep this schedule up as long as classes and work can keep to it too.

Day 6 starts.
    Heart rate is 68 bpm
    BP still normal at 105/65.
    Immediate wake up to full consciousness.

Shoulder hurts though.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Actually, research has shown that your biological clock operates on a 25 hour time schedule, not 24. If we can cope with being 1 hour off, I'm sure he can cope with no Sundays for a while.

Xtreme Addict
    I hate the fact that calendars say the week starts on Sunday. I never understood that. Monday is when the week starts. Its the first day you go back to work, after the weekend... and the weekend consists of two days, so it only makes sense. Well, to me it does.

If I could kill a day it would definitely be Sunday, just so everyone would stop saying Sunday is the first day of the week. It's not!
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

-150c Club Member
    I'm getting so much done too!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    I hate the fact that calendars say the week starts on Sunday. I never understood that. Monday is when the week starts.
    Move outside of US

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    I hate the fact that calendars say the week starts on Sunday. I never understood that. Monday is when the week starts. Its the first day you go back to work, after the weekend... and the weekend consists of two days, so it only makes sense. Well, to me it does.

If I could kill a day it would definitely be Sunday, just so everyone would stop saying Sunday is the first day of the week. It's not!
    Christian influence, iirc:
    Old Testament God created earth within six days and rested on the seventh, sunday.
    New Testament Jesus dies and comes back after three days, which then is announced as first day of the week; that day was sunday. This marks 'a new beginning'; in astrology, by the way, also explained as the 'sun' day (the sun rises, a new start).

International Standards Organization (ISO, which rules we all abide by) set sunday as seventh day of the week, effectively starting the week with monday.
    More infos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday

That said, I'm genuinely interested in this project as I've thought of doing so myself but had a rather strict school schedule back then. I have, at least, a rather messed up sleeping schedule and have contemplated a longer wake-time with normal sleep time very often. My other option was to change the way our solar system works, but I've never really gotten into the detail of that.

Following from now on
    Last edited by Allubz; 04-23-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Silverstone Sugo SG08 | Enermax Modu82+ 625W | ASRock Z77E-ITX | Intel Core i5 3570K /w Indigo Xtreme + CoolIT ECO II ALC + Noctua NF-P14 FLX | 2x4GB Samsung M378B5273DH0-CH9 /w Xilence Heat Pipe Duo | Sapphire HD7870 GE | Kingston HyperX T3 120GB | 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F1

Wanna look under my kilt?
    ...Your timing for that post was PERFECT
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Addict
    I recommend: "National Geographic Explorer Fatal Insomnia".
    I haven't watched it but I figure maybe you guys would be interested.

I stay up past 48hrs sometimes, but rarely, I stay up past 24hrs more often though.

Not all the time though, but my schedule is never the same each day.

Turkey Man
    Thought you were going to call them periods, not days?

I kinda hate Sundays, because the next day that follows is Monday. That thought alone bothers me all Sunday, so I can't really enjoy it.
    I void warranties...

-150c Club Member
    Sorry for the lack of updates; still alive.
    Just last few days of major tests have been nuts, we're in the last few days of trying to compete for certain residency and internship spots.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by Krelin View Post
    I kinda hate Sundays, because the next day that follows is Monday. That thought alone bothers me all Sunday, so I can't really enjoy it.
    Going to church on Sundays makes me feel amazing the rest of the day despite Monday being around the corner.
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Going to church on Sundays makes me feel amazing the rest of the day despite Monday being around the corner.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a tolerant person, but I am an atheist - church wouldn't work for me. But still, a good idea - I just have to find something fun for me to do on Sundays.
    I void warranties...

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    While I was in college I used to stay up for 24-36 hours and then sleep for 10-12 hours. This was especially common during the crunch periods around tests or major project deadlines. Works great in college but not so much in the real world. It was a major life change for myself to wake up in time to get to my job on time. I still struggle to get up early though and tend to work late at work to make up for it. I do know though during the winter I preferred waking up at 5am or 6am and leaving work early(5pm or so) instead of 7pm so I could enjoy a little sunlight each day. Just takes great mental will to get me out of bed before the sun is up Good luck with your log, hope you maintain good notes. Will be interesting to read through it after a few weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast