Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best GPU Utility in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Afterburner is great but you have to jump through hoops to enable "unofficial overclocking". Then if you have a shader unlocked 6950 you have to jump through even more hoops for voltage control. Sapphire Trixx does both with no hassle and also has an option to disable ULPS.

I still have to use Afterburner for the fan profile since that feature in Trixx doesn't work properly. I also love Afterburner's OSD.
    Those hoops are two cfg file changes and a reg edit,ULPS
    As for the shader unlocked 6950s you only need to jump those extra hoops if you flash to a 6970 bios. BUT if you use techpowerups RBE (Radeon Bios Editor) all you have to do is unlock the shaders with that of current bios then reflash with unlocked shaders and I can assure you afterburner wont give you any voltage problems. I did it myself Seems to "trick" afterburner since it still technically is seeing a 6950....

Quote Originally Posted by WangChung View Post
    Yeah, full disclosure on my setup:

Asus 6950s flashed with the Asus 6970 OC BIOS. SmartDoctor SHOULD work, both cards are "Voltage Tweak" capable.
    Win 7 x64
    Asus Rampage III Gene motherboard

So what it sounds like is I just need to go back to a shader modded 6950 BIOS and upclock it from there to 6970 specs. Sigh.
    I would not do that if I were you, unlock the card first before you change clock speeds to make sure the unlock is succesfull, then worry about raising clock speeds. And especially on the memory even if it is an asus, dont expect it to reach 6970 memory speeds.... they (Asus) must use higher ns rating chips on the 6950s model. GPU core on the other hand should reach 6970 speeds

Quote Originally Posted by sniper_sung View Post
    MSI Afterburner +1
    +2 assuming its not trouble for the user to unleash its full potential
    Last edited by Poci; 08-08-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    CPU: Phenom II X4 940
    HSF: Rocketfish POS
    Mobo: DFI/Sapphire Pure 790X
    RAM: Mushkin 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 1066@400mhz (5-5-5-18)
    HDD1: Velociraptor 150GB
    HDD2/3: WD Caviar Blue 250GB/Seagate Barracuda 160GB
    Optical: Pioneer 215D
    Video: Asus 6950 2GB
    Audio: X-Fi Fatality Professonal
    Misc: Logitech G15/G5/Razer Piranha
    Case/PSU: TT Dokker/TT Toughpower XT 775W
    Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster BX2235
    Drivers: Newest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12