Thread: Disable OC tuner?

Xtreme Addict

Disable OC tuner?

Just got a P67 Sabertooth and havent been able to do anything with it. Regardless of what I set in BIOS the board boots at 103 x 43, cpu voltage goes to auto, and speedstep gets enabled. I can adjust settings in Windows w/ aisuite II but the BIOS will not save what I set. It is like OC tuner is stuck on or something. Am I missing something here? How do I turn this off and get my settings to stick?
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

I am Xtreme
    Have you try'd setting things up in bios and not using the windows based stuff? My friends Sabretooth did the same thing as yours when he first installed it but he was able to change it in bios just fine.
    AsRock P67 Extreme4
    2500K@4.8 1.37v 24/7 EK supreme HF
    8Gb G-skill RipjawsX 1866/Cas8
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    Creative XFI titanium
    Corsair TX 850 PSU
    G-skill SSD,Boot/games
    W-D Black, storage
    Coolermaster HAF/X
    Acer 27in. 120hz

Xtreme Member
    Definitely don't use OC tuner. On my P8P67, it does the same settings you mentioned, just go into bios and turn off all of the power saving features, and then set the speeds you want.

Xtreme Addict
    Oh I had everything disabled, speedstep, cpu power saving, c1e, c3, c6, etc. I think what was happening is a bios bug where oc tuner would turn on just by scrolling by it in the bios. After many cmos clears I got it to turn off and now I avoid that area in the bios totally. I wish there was enable and disable for oc tuner instead of ok and cancel like it is now.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team