Thread: Aquaero 5 functionality questions

Threaded View

Banned

Exclamation Aquaero 5 functionality questions

The Aquaero 5 looks like a great little controller. I've been looking around through everything I could find for the answers, but there is no clear answer on specific functionality.

I'd like to know:

- looking at the connectors, I see the two PWM headers but they don't seem to be usable by standard 4 pin connectors. I'd like to make use of this to control the speed of my MCP35x pump...
    - I see it says it controls up to 4 fans, without using PWM. Why then does 1 of the 4 fan plugs have a white 4 pin connector, when the other 3 use a black 3 pin connector? Can you use the one 4 pin for a PWM signal only? I'd rather of course just use the two dedicated 12v pwm plugs - I wonder if you can just buy a new plug, and splice your wires to work with it?
    - I liked with the Aquaero 4 how you could change the display background colour... any such options with this one? My only gripe -> why is it only black and white? The NZXT LX I currently have, while inferior hardware/software wise... looks pretty when on. I love the professional quality look of the AE 5 overall and I wan't one... but will there ever be a colour option?
    Last edited by chorner; 04-16-2011 at 04:14 PM.