Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When are the new Lian Li's out?

Xtreme Member
    420 = 3x140
    480 = 4x120

So if you want rad on top, 3x140 rad is shorter, but wider than 480, about same performance (if not better). 280 rad = 2x140 is almost as good as 360 (3x120) for example.
    And note that A71F case has power/reset buttons on front panel, and A70F on top (that can be also a problem if you want to install grill). A71F can be very annoying to always open the case door to access to power button.

Installing radiator at the bottom of these cases isn't bad idea either. You can install power supply on top, and then cut bottom for rad. It is much easier to cut bottom of case, since it will be covered by rad, and it isn't burshed aluminium that you need to be very careful with to not mess it up (and it would be a prob if you want cut top). And there will be no sign from the outside point of view, there is any rad installed in your case, sort of stealth water cooling.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aerial View Post
    420 = 3x140
    480 = 4x120

So if you want rad on top, 3x140 rad is shorter, but wider than 480, about same performance (if not better). 280 rad = 2x140 is almost as good as 360 (3x120) for example.
    And note that A71F case has power/reset buttons on front panel, and A70F on top (that can be also a problem if you want to install grill). A71F can be very annoying to always open the case door to access to power button.

Installing radiator at the bottom of these cases isn't bad idea either. You can install power supply on top, and then cut bottom for rad. It is much easier to cut bottom of case, since it will be covered by rad, and it isn't burshed aluminium that you need to be very careful with to not mess it up (and it would be a prob if you want cut top). And there will be no sign from the outside point of view, there is any rad installed in your case, sort of stealth water cooling.
    Ah haha didn't even notice 420 could be 3x140. Sometimes I see people just use the first digit to indicate how many fans, and 2nd is the last two digits of fan size. Thanks for clarifying.

Interesting, do you have any links to comparisons between various 140mm radiator size performance vs other 120mm sized rads? That could be a worthy swap...that seems like a lot of performance gain. I could really use that because I want to keep absolutely as silent as possible, and I plan to add a 2nd 580 to the loop eventually and everything will have a heavy OC.

Now I just have to see if I can sell my 120mm stuff to make the swap, have a 360/240/120 and like 8 120 fans and some grills.

I usually leave my PC on so the button isn't that big of a worry to me. Right now I have to use my mobo power on button and it's in a kinda tight spot and I don't mind.

Yeah that is what I had in mind with the bottom, I think I will try for getting the rad down there. It seems like I will have 4 5.25 bays, and if I get adapters I can fit my 2x3.25 and 1x2.25 in there as well as my optical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister
    Do you really go on your computer...to look at computers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12