Thread: Windows mobile 6 app on android?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Windows mobile 6 app on android?

Hi!

I replaced my Ipaq 910 for an HTC Desire HD and wow do I love my HTC!!! Only problem I have is that I had a software running in my Ipaq (was windows mobile 6) that now is not available on android.... Is there a way to get an windows emulator for android or sometime like that?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You want to run Windows 6 Mobile on your Desire?

Xtremely Retired OC'er
    xirtual box? vine? that run on linux and emuate/run window xp, your then get windows mobile emulator.
    I will go that way, maybe out there is direct approach..

Xtreme Member
    Wine is out of the table because 1) It's x86 only, it doesn't emulate it in other architectures 2) Android doesn't use glibc or X, which Wine probably depends on. 3) It doesn't emulate Windows Mobile AFAIK.

Virtualization would only be feasible if you ran Windows Mobile directly (otherwise you'd need to emulate XP to emulate WinMo, which would be amazingly slow if it works at all) It is theoretically doable, but I'm not sure there is any actual way of getting it to work as of now. And it'd probably be really slow too. I'm not aware of any Wine-like projects that actually could get you decent WinMo support on Android either.
    Last edited by danielkza; 04-10-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    trying to run virtualization on a phone for one app is a bit of a waste. It will slow the whole process down and kill your battery more than it needs to. That being said what was this app(or software). What does it do, maybe someone here can suggest something similar available for android.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by breathemetal View Post
    You want to run Windows 6 Mobile on your Desire?
    Just an application.

Quote Originally Posted by Disposibleteen View Post
    trying to run virtualization on a phone for one app is a bit of a waste. It will slow the whole process down and kill your battery more than it needs to. That being said what was this app(or software). What does it do, maybe someone here can suggest something similar available for android.
    The application is a field manager software (farming app) that I run on a desktop and can also enter data on the go on a windows mobile 6 device to sync it later on the desktop. So changing the application is no no, because the software cost me 500$ last year. Maybe the best way is to find a cheap pocket pc, but before that I wanted to be sure there is no way making it work on my android phone