Thread: Twin frozr II vs DIrectCu vs Xtreme plus

Twin frozr II vs DIrectCu vs Xtreme plus

These 3 coolers, seems to be the best option atm when it comes to cooling the GPU. With less noise as possible.
    But I dont know which kind of solution I should go with. Could you help me out? It'll be on a GTX570.

I'm not gonna overclock my upcoming GTX570. So i'm looking for the most quiet one I can get. Most likely running at constant 30%-35% fan speed, and nothing more.

I cant find reviews of msi GTX570 twin frozr II.
    I cant find review on xtreme plus on a GTX570. Or how loud the xtreme plus is.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    just curious, is there an option of buying an aftermarket cooler? if so thermalright shaman is amazing. Super cool and very quiet. Downside is, its pretty big costs money and takes up 3 slots. This isn't and issue for me but may be for others.

Xtreme Mentor
    Depends on which direct CU you are looking at, the one on the GTX 560 is pure crap compared t the TF2:

The TF2 isnt actually 4x 8mm heatpipes though, its 2x 8mm, and 2x 6mm, but it comes out the top in every cooler comparison done. Gigabyte coolers are meant to be just as good as the MSI ones.

Quote Originally Posted by InCredible View Post
    just curious, is there an option of buying an aftermarket cooler? if so thermalright shaman is amazing. Super cool and very quiet. Downside is, its pretty big costs money and takes up 3 slots. This isn't and issue for me but may be for others.
    Theres no need to that though when you can get great custom coolers out of the box for hardly any extra cost, plus you dont have to bother with changing the cooler.

its the DirectCu cooler that is already on the "Asus DirectCu GTX570"
    So its that card vs "MSI twin frozr II GTX570" vs a random GTX570 fitted with Xtreme plus.

All 3 GPU solutions seems to be very good. But to find the most quiet one is really hard.