Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which smartphone to buy ?

Xtreme Member
    Gingerbread XWKDA. Will so a video next time.

Xtreme Guru
    so 2.3.3 ? wonder if honey comb can be implemented into a mobile android device..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member

yeah,HTC G8 or iphone 4. Iphone 5 will be worked out, all friends look forward to it.

Xtreme Guru
    ios nty

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Motorola Atrix would be my preference, best screen out there and Tegra chip with games that are optimized , saw some vids on youtube and the atrix should be a slick gaming phone. Cant go wrong with SGS II sweet specs on that as well too bad it didnt come with a screen as good as the Atrix.

edit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvcrWAir1R8
    Last edited by Zloyd; 04-30-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zloyd View Post
    Motorola Atrix would be my preference, best screen out there and Tegra chip with games that are optimized , saw some vids on youtube and the atrix should be a slick gaming phone. Cant go wrong with SGS II sweet specs on that as well too bad it didnt come with a screen as good as the Atrix.

edit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvcrWAir1R8
    Are you joking? The Atrix screen is and it's damn laggy... I tried one and give up after 2 minutes! Sure it has a higher screen resolution but that doesn't mean anything, the Super Amoled Plus screen is one of the best, if not the best, screen out there. Couple that with Motorola's locked bootloader and poor firmware update track record and it's not even worth considering.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Intratech View Post
    Are you joking? The Atrix screen is and it's damn laggy... I tried one and give up after 2 minutes! Sure it has a higher screen resolution but that doesn't mean anything, the Super Amoled Plus screen is one of the best, if not the best, screen out there. Couple that with Motorola's locked bootloader and poor firmware update track record and it's not even worth considering.
    Yep, i was gonna go with the atrix just from the specs but did my research and turned out extremely bad with bad failure rates when flashing the kernel and poor firmware updates..

what's the cpu freq for quadrant? default dual core cpu @ 1Ghz result must be like 1950
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme Guru
    For which phone hiwa? im only scoring at 1500 on my galaxy s

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    For which phone hiwa? im only scoring at 1500 on my galaxy s
    GalaxyS II
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post

what's the cpu freq for quadrant? default dual core cpu @ 1Ghz result must be like 1950
    Erm retail version runs at 1.2 GHz bro. I checked with system panel

YouTube Addict
    Does it have to be a smart phone?
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

NooB MOD
    Well I wouldn't want a stupid one

That screen looks amazing, I want it I just got a Nokia 5230 (upgrade from my old faithful 6680 - the phone that I dropped, kicked, drowned, walked over, got driven over once, etc - yet kept going) and even though the screen is a MASSIVE upgrade over the 6680 even the PICTURES I'm seeing of the Samsung look unbelievable good
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    Here are some untouched Macro shots taken in my backyard in fading light with the Galaxy S II, was a bit windy so the flowers kept moving:

Click for full sized image

Xtreme Guru
    loving the led screen on these phones, you guys know the default bench on the galaxy I ?? im scoring at around 1500 with darkys rom 9.5

Xtreme Member
    Wow I had no idea the atrix turned out to be a lemon, guess for now SGS II is the way to go. Gotta wait for Samsung to make a Tegra phone.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zloyd View Post
    Wow I had no idea the atrix turned out to be a lemon, guess for now SGS II is the way to go. Gotta wait for Samsung to make a Tegra phone.
    Why? You do realise that the Tegra sucks compared to Exynos right? Mali 400 is a better GPU than nVidia's offering.

Xtreme Member
    Here is another Galaxy S II benchmark screenshot. Phone is completely stock, not even rooted and no performance tweaks:

Xtreme Guru
    wait if im reading that right its beating honey comb 3.0 off the xoom ? WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    wait if im reading that right its beating honey comb 3.0 off the xoom ? WOW!
    its got the same chipsets but with a lower overhead OS right?, im just surprised its so far over the lg x2
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    its got the same chipsets but with a lower overhead OS right?, im just surprised its so far over the lg x2
    No, the SGS II runs on Samsung's Exynos 4210 chipset while the Xoom uses nVidia Tegra 2 chipset.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Intratech View Post
    No, the SGS II runs on Samsung's Exynos 4210 chipset while the Xoom uses nVidia Tegra 2 chipset.
    So I assume out of the box the Samsung Exynos is naturally faster- and like Zanzabar stated less overhead
    [SIGPIC]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af195/wcgsig/566162.gif[/SIGPIC]

whats the green section of that bench mark it looks a little low (im guessing gpu power), and the spec sheet for it says that its using the geforce ulc (tegraII) graphics, so its the NV SOC with a samsung core? im a little confused since the tegra 2 is a samsung a9 arm core. also the galaxy II is a 1.2ghz were the others are 1.0ghz.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    whats the green section of that bench mark it looks a little low (im guessing gpu power), and the spec sheet for it says that its using the geforce ulc (tegraII) graphics, so its the NV SOC with a samsung core? im a little confused since the tegra 2 is a samsung a9 arm core. also the galaxy II is a 1.2ghz were the others are 1.0ghz.
    Huh? No the Exynos SOC uses a Mali 400 GPU and has nothing to do with nVidia. Nvidia Tegra 2 SOC has nothing to do with Samsung.

The green bit relates to 2d graphics. The SGS II has it's screen refresh rate capped at 60 fps whilst the LG has it's at 120 so we don't get to see the full performance of the SGS II
    Last edited by Intratech; 05-02-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast