Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which smartphone to buy ?

Xtreme Member
    I dunno about that. I have owned two HTC devices, HD2 and Desire. Liked both. The Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 is also a HTC device so maybe 3. I have tried the Sensation a few days ago in store but I decided against buying it. Before I got the SGS II I tried the Atrix and LG X2 and was not impressed by either. As for not getting Sense running on the SGS device, I'm glad about that... don't like it one bit.

When it comes to tech I'm a free spirit, whatever is best at the time is what I buy so I don't quite get being a fan of a particular company.

Xtreme Member
    I'm still undecided myself mate! - The specs and the fact it can handle MKV's of the SGS II make it the strongest contender - but my preference on the Sense interface still keeps me wanting a darn Sensation! (ooo-er! )

I've got till July for my contract to be up so I'm hanging fire to see how things pan out yet.
    4960X@4.7 | Asus RIVF | 16Gb@2400 | 256Gb 840 Pro | R9 290 | AX-860W | 540Air | Custom W/C

Xtreme Member
    I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the HTC Sensation - Not launched for other networks (Voda exclusive at mo) until June the 20th here in the UK though.
    4960X@4.7 | Asus RIVF | 16Gb@2400 | 256Gb 840 Pro | R9 290 | AX-860W | 540Air | Custom W/C

I am Xtreme
    Which of these top contenders that everyone here has mentioned has or is known to have the best battery life,in general? For example I have heard on numerous occasions now that the illustrious Thunderbolt is downright horrible on battery life
    [SIGPIC]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af195/wcgsig/566162.gif[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
    Which of these top contenders that everyone here has mentioned has or is known to have the best battery life,in general? For example I have heard on numerous occasions now that the illustrious Thunderbolt is downright horrible on battery life
    the thunderbolt (other than being horribly outdated now) had a problem were it would continually ping for lte if it was not connected and eat your battery unless u had lte connected. that might have been fixed by now but that was on engadget when it came out.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

I am Xtreme
    Oh snap I just noticed the OP is banned right now-i don't even want to know!

Though the info I have seen in this thread is useful and have followed it I can't bring myself to pay extra for the entire plan these phones usually involve. The extreme convenience of connectivity I am sure is fantastic but I am generally close enough to home where a net connection exists. It is tempting though and I do yearn for a phone with a quality camera again.

Oh snap I just noticed the OP is banned right now-i don't even want to know!

Though the info I have seen in this thread is useful and have followed it I can't bring myself to pay extra for the entire plan these phones usually involve. The extreme convenience of connectivity I am sure is fantastic but I am generally close enough to home where a net connection exists. It is tempting though and I do yearn for a phone with a quality camera again.
    try tmobile, they give u unlimited slow internet and 200MB fast internet for smartphone plans and its only $10 more than unlimited talk and text and thats on individual and family. i dont want data but they have a family plan with unlimited txt and talk and internet for $10 more than my current 750min att family with 100, 50 and 500 txts (each line is different as we added them at different times for different prices and the 50/100 were 50c and $1) the att is $75 and the tomible is $90 for all 3 lines to have internet, then t-mobile will give my family a 15-20% discount for my dad being a utility worker.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

I am Xtreme
    What is or what will be your smart-phone of choice zanzabar?

I got Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 on newegg.com because i cannot wait any longer. It's incredible light and thinner than Iphone4. Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 has Dual Core, Android 2.3, Super Amoled screen, and headphone. I am loving it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuza View Post
    I got Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 on newegg.com because i cannot wait any longer. It's incredible light and thinner than Iphone4. Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 has Dual Core, Android 2.3, Super Amoled screen, and headphone. I am loving it.
    Thats what I ended up getting about a month ago aswell mate - After all that raving about HTC Sense 3.0 - I just could not live with the fact the SGSII was technically far superior!.

The SGSII is the first phone I've had in literally years that i am very satisfied with, excellent developer support on xda and tons of customisability. Awesome screen, gorgeous camera just make it such a sweet package!

With so many custom launchers available who needs HTC sense!

What is or what will be your smart-phone of choice zanzabar?
    sorry for missing your post, if its not to late, im looking at getting the lg optimus 2x (g2x) but its low on ram so im hoping the galaxy II or R come to the US by the end of next month (when my contract is up), i was also looking at the atrix or the lg 3d phone but they have a locked boot loader, and i was also looking at the sidekick 4g since it dose not require data and has a keyboard.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomee View Post
    Thats what I ended up getting about a month ago aswell mate - After all that raving about HTC Sense 3.0 - I just could not live with the fact the SGSII was technically far superior!.

The SGSII is the first phone I've had in literally years that i am very satisfied with, excellent developer support on xda and tons of customisability. Awesome screen, gorgeous camera just make it such a sweet package!

With so many custom launchers available who needs HTC sense!
    Hooooooo! Welcome to the community.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Intratech View Post
    Hooooooo! Welcome to the community.
    eeek! intratech - you the dude who's giving us all the rooted kernals/roms???
    If so, me bows to your technical skillz0rs!, thanks man

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    sorry for missing your post, if its not to late, im looking at getting the lg optimus 2x (g2x) but its low on ram so im hoping the galaxy II or R come to the US by the end of next month (when my contract is up), i was also looking at the atrix or the lg 3d phone but they have a locked boot loader, and i was also looking at the sidekick 4g since it dose not require data and has a keyboard.
    Not too late and thanks I am keeping my options open but also hoping my phone makes to my upgrade because it keeps shutting off. But that is the end of October

Xtreme Addict
    What do you guys think of the Xperia ARC?

isnt the arc UK and japan only, and i dont think that its a top tier pick for a single core i would go galaxy S for its class. or galaxySII if u are not in the US.

Xtreme Addict
    Well, I can buy it here too.
    I'm not really interested in apps or features; I just want a decent screen and internet that fits in my pocket.

Xtreme Addict
    expected in October and take an iphone5

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea deluxe View Post
    expected in October and take an iphone5
    Me? Buying an Apple product?
    I resent that.

In the end I got an Xperia Arc. Is anybody interested in pics or a review? I don't mind answering any questions if you are interested.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maño View Post
    Me? Buying an Apple product?
    I resent that.

In the end I got an Xperia Arc. Is anybody interested in pics or a review? I don't mind answering any questions if you are interested.
    Actually how is browsing the internet on the Xpreia Arc? I was going to get the Xperia Arc but then I saw today that they want to release a Xperia Arc S that is faster. How is the overall build feel?

Xtreme Addict
    The Arc browses the internet just fine. In fact, I think Sony's browser is a bit faster than Firefox, but I didn't make any test so it's just my perspective.
    The build quality is great, the phone feels solid and well designed.
    I have several friends who own an Iphone 4 and all of them think the Arc is great.
    I'm very happy, no regrets at all

So far I never felt like the phone needed more horsepower but the Arc S announcement is great news. I can listen to music using a bluetooth headset while browsing the internet without lag or issues.

Xtreme Member
    I have ZTE Blade (also known as San Francisco) it's a budget phone cost only £90, has OLED, 512MB RAM, I like it a lot. Modded with Android 2.3.4 runs very fast. Only downside is bad camera and no video call support.

Xtreme Member
    I love my Samsung Infuse...4.5" screen 4g...Awesomely thin...And best of all only cost me 98.00...
    Asus Rampage 3 Extreme
    920@4400 1.34(Thanks UTnorris)
    3x2g Gskill Perfect Storm @2000mhz
    2x Asus Gtx480
    300g WD Raptor
    1tb WD Sata 3 Backup
    MMUFO/120.3x3/HK 3.0/EK Nb/sb
    Dell 27"

I am Xtreme
    Used to own an EVO 4G, then went to the EVO 3D, and recently ditched that for the Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch) and I absolutely LOVE IT!

Xtreme Member
    No votes for Iphone 4S - doesn't anyone like talking to their phone?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast