Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which smartphone to buy ?

Xtreme Guru

Which smartphone to buy ?

hey guys dont have a phone atm as I sold my iphone, i know the galaxy II is coming out soon but i kinda need a phone urgently, was tossing up between the galaxy 1 and the HTC evo shift.. i do alot of texting and play around with alot of apps as im always on the run and need that urgent quick response which most nokias do not have as they tend to freeze up, Looking to spend around 500$..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    hey guys dont have a phone atm as I sold my iphone, i know the galaxy II is coming out soon but i kinda need a phone urgently, was tossing up between the galaxy 1 and the HTC evo shift.. i do alot of texting and play around with alot of apps as im always on the run and need that urgent quick response which most nokias do not have as they tend to freeze up, Looking to spend around 500$..
    Why did you sell you iPhone in the first place?

* Intel Core2Quad Q6600-B3 @ 3,2Ghz | Corsair HX620
    * Asus P5P43TD
    * Corsair Dominator 2x2GB DDR3-1600
    * Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB (heavily OC'ed)
    (will be replaced by ATi Radeon 6950 soon)
    * 2 x 250gb Western Digital Caviar + 2 TB Samsung External
    (OCZ Vertex 2 90Gb SSD soon)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That all depends contract / no contract ? Carrier ? Temp or want it longer ?

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

using SGS for months now, lately i flashed it to 2.3.3 custom ROM and works PERFECT play with my friend nexus S too better than SGS but if u want spend 500$ go with SGS
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ill cast my vote for Verizon's HTC Thunderbolt
    Iphone is trash

the lg g2x looks nice and its out like next week, for anything else u need to pick a carrier.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 04-08-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I plan to buy Sprint HTC EVO 3D for my next phone. It's supposed to be available for ordering this month.

Xtreme Guru
    Well carrier should be vodafone or optus i guess, im not looking for a plan just pre paid, Any release date on the galaxy II ?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

on vod i would go for the nexus S or sony x10, on optus the dell streak or galaxy i9000
    Last edited by zanzabar; 04-08-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Xtreme Guru
    zanza both phones android based yeah? is the sony the xperia ? i really want a nice big screen which browses rather fast and has a nice speedy processor..

zanza both phones android based yeah? is the sony the xperia ? i really want a nice big screen which browses rather fast and has a nice speedy processor..
    yes, yes (there is the mini and full sized.) they all have the same snapdragon cpu but the i9000 has a powerVR graphics chip and think that the sony dose as well. the streak has the largest screen but u have to jailbreak and flash it since u need to change the flash card in it if u want a resonable storage capacity (the card is not supposed to be changed on it)

if u do go sony though the xpera play should be out soon (the one with the psp controller on it) and that should be better since it has more ram and the psp controlles that should be awesome for the extra 1/4" wider it makes it, and its supposed to have a stong graphics ability with the new qualcom gpu that it has.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The sony' so have there points but one thing sony in the current batch of x series have timescape it's a centralized contract media social network hub but a system hog and pain in the ass.

Since your not in contract get a htc or google they have the best post sales/user support as in roots firmwares, custom roms. sony usually take a lot longer and there patchs are anti unlock worst then apple.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Guru
    thanks for the input guys, tossing up between the sony or the google nexus is it or google S ?

Fanboy of Good Products
    I don't see how you could go wrong with the nexus s..
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTurboW12 View Post
    You can't. It's a great phone the only thing it fails is buildquality. Plastic ftw...
    This is true, Samsung seems to use lower quality materials compared to other phones. I can't speak about the Nexus S but other models have a cheap plastic feel to them.

Xtreme Guru
    really digging the desire HD as it has great features, i herd there's a 1ghz cpu in a mobile but cant remember the name? Im tossing up between a galaxy or the nexus s ??

Xtreme Member
    I'm pre-ordering the Galaxy S II

Xtreme Guru
    any idea when its being released ???

Xtreme Guru
    ok guys im going with the nexus S, seems to be great , any last opinios or comments why i shouldnt get it ??

Xtreme Member
    any idea when its being released ???
    May 1st over here in the UK.

ok guys im going with the nexus S, seems to be great , any last opinios or comments why i shouldnt get it ??
    its single core but its a google experience phone....so you'll get timely updates...

still quite capable though if you root and you can overclock and stuff
    Intel Xeon E5620
    Asus Rampage II Gene [Evga X58 FTW3]
    Mushkin DDR3 1600mhz 3x2GB 998691
    Asus GTX470
    Silverstone Strider 600w PSU
    2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0
    1x Samsung F3 1TB Backups

Xtreme Guru
    Actually going with the motorola ATRIX, any opinions before i buy it ? it's a dual core processor 1ghz each core, with 1gb of ram.. Sounds extremely good imo..

Xtreme Member
    Nobody is into the LG/Tmo g2x?
    Win XP Pro x64 / Win 7 x64 / Phenom II / Asus m3a79-t Deluxe / 8x2 GB GSkill and some other stuff.....

Xtreme Member
    Actually going with the motorola ATRIX, any opinions before i buy it ? it's a dual core processor 1ghz each core, with 1gb of ram.. Sounds extremely good imo..
    Locked bootloader and Motorola poor update history is a massive put off for me so I got a Galaxy S II:

Here are a few pictures taken fittingly with the Galaxy S:

Xtreme Guru
    wow looks nice, mind taking some photos of the apps and stuff so i can see the difference? Also which firmware is it running ?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast